Something gotta give

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Something gotta give

Post by Wing--Zero »

Ok one or a few things need to change for this server to be even playable. Its either going to have to be changing the rests so that you can rest every 2 hours (8 mins), Monsters be lowered and keep the same xp, or monsters be lowered, xp be dropped a tad and making it a mass monster spawn. We need something to give or else this server might as well be called a hardcore rp server because its getting old really fast to have 10k to go and only getting 20xp per kill. Some items to help us lvl also would'nt be bad. Nothing to fancy just something to help us along the way. I'm hoping you have something in mind to help driller and thanks for reading.

Thanks,
-Zero
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Something gotta give

Post by driller »

I noticed you hit level 11 the other day. Still feel the same way?

-driller
Wing--Zero wrote:Ok one or a few things need to change for this server to be even playable. Its either going to have to be changing the rests so that you can rest every 2 hours (8 mins), Monsters be lowered and keep the same xp, or monsters be lowered, xp be dropped a tad and making it a mass monster spawn. We need something to give or else this server might as well be called a hardcore rp server because its getting old really fast to have 10k to go and only getting 20xp per kill. Some items to help us lvl also would'nt be bad. Nothing to fancy just something to help us along the way. I'm hoping you have something in mind to help driller and thanks for reading.

Thanks,
-Zero
Veteran
Knight
Knight

Post by Veteran »

Going to have to semi agree here, exp is extremely slow and yes may it be a hardcore rp server or not, the fact that everyones too busy off grinding gives us less rp and less background building for the new server, maybe something like what Wing said, more spawns less exp per kill or balance out the exp to kill ratio as you level more (maybe 1-4 monsters give 26-40 per kill,5-9 that rate doubles, etc etc) seeing as Im sick of the 20's popping up as my exp cap grows larger. And Im sure you don't want people to camp quest monsters just because they give better exp per kill.
-Xillow
One hell of a drama starter, got to love wars aye?
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

I agree as well. I can even give details on an rp server that's easier to level on. Even for an rp server the xp and loot train is low.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

You know if there were more people to interact and party with I would only bump the exp slightly because we could lvl by questing together. However, thats not the case. Its rough not only do I have dying to worry about but I have to grind forever for exp.

I will say this though in either case loot has got to come up. Twin is right Cormyr is a very strict rp server but even on there I've found ways to come out of a quest with 5500 gold. My total gold earned in my last 2 weeks on exp is just shy of 4K.

Perhaps Driller means to have it like this though.

On a good note I want to say kudos to whoever came up with the xp for rp script. One thing I hated on bsk 1 was that so many of us rp the hell out of characters and got extremely low recognition for it. Now it seems that rp is a little more encouraged. Nice scripting!! =D>
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

I play 2 characters currently and also I feel there should be some kind of change.

Iko my lvl 8 wizard casts his spells and is able to kill 2-3 monsters on his own wich results in about 100-150 xp and after that I dont know what to do except hide in the temple. Why im lvl 8 is because I got the opertunity to get help a couple of times to get there, on my own I cant do anything witch makes me abit sad. If I die only once it takes 6 hours to get back to were I started and Iko got 10 deaths in his luggage. So im to afraid to explore incase of death only after a new lvl I can dare to move forward. He got 3200 gold and havent baught 1 single item.

My second character is lvl 4 and is melee witch workes alot better and is lots of fun but if he get hit 1-2 times I have to wait the 3 ingame hours before I can go on .. and his suppose to become a dualwhielder with low ac heh.

suggestion is items for casters, perhaps lower rest limit, make it possible to buy atlest +1 reg items somewere not to difficult to get too - we all cant be druids and clerics. And perhaps increase xp and gold slighty :P there is much to build before I die.

BSK, BSK, BSK!!!!!

M-A-D
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The XP has been adjusted slightly.

-driller
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Thank you!
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Thanks driller. :)
The only constant is change.
M-A-D
Knight
Knight

Post by M-A-D »

Thanks Driller
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

Yes, thank you Driller
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

driller wrote:I noticed you hit level 11 the other day. Still feel the same way?

-driller
Wing--Zero wrote:Ok one or a few things need to change for this server to be even playable. Its either going to have to be changing the rests so that you can rest every 2 hours (8 mins), Monsters be lowered and keep the same xp, or monsters be lowered, xp be dropped a tad and making it a mass monster spawn. We need something to give or else this server might as well be called a hardcore rp server because its getting old really fast to have 10k to go and only getting 20xp per kill. Some items to help us lvl also would'nt be bad. Nothing to fancy just something to help us along the way. I'm hoping you have something in mind to help driller and thanks for reading.

Thanks,
-Zero
Actually I feel even worse about it now and heres why.

The only reason I got to that high of a level was because I followed a friends around and let them kill the monsters. I did one of two things: buffed them with what little lasting pathetic spells I had or I just sit around in invisibility and was hiding while they killed the monsters. With the rest time set at 16 mins per rest it is way to hard to lvl a caster on this server. that needs to come down to at least 8 mins. Other wise your just going to encourage power lvling and exploiting. As a level 11 caster I can only kill about 5-7 forest giants and than I have exhausted my entire spell book, than when I go to rest I get told I have to wait 2-3 hours till I can rest again. This is also with me using tenslors transformation which I than melee the majority of the giants I fight. So after that I have to stand around for about 8-12 mins and wait to rest.

Starting out as a wizard I belive the rest should be set to what the normal rest is on bsk 1 (it was either 4 mins or 2 cant remeber). When your starting out as a wizard you have enough spells to kill 2-3 zombies and skeletons maximum. Those spells take about 1-2 mins to go through. So than your stuck just standing around for the other 14 mins, which will also draw players away from this server(and i dont want that to happen)

Thank you though for compromising on the xp though
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

How about giving more varied treasure? Right now it is very boring seeing the same junk treasure. Part of the reason for adventuring is to find those uber rare magic items etc... Right now there isn't any incentive to a character to adventure. I know it will take some time to make the areas more rubust so in the meantime some half decent treasure would be nice. Also some more gold. Leveling to where my character is at has only netted 16k. Not very much for a lvl 20 character. More xp would be nice but I would prefer to see more treasure and gold at the moment.
tlantl
Baron
Baron

Post by tlantl »

I agree that the loot might be increased in value, My highest level bard is averaging 300 coins a level and levels are dear. Maybe if the skeleton warriors dropped a weapon or piece of armor 6% or 8% of the time, even a mundane or rare metal based item, we would be able to trade them or even keep one for our own use. I need 3,300 coins to upgrade to a +2 crossbow, but I spend nearly all of my hard won goods on healing and protection scrolls. There is no way for me to have a dead companion raised from the dead since I never have the 1,000 coins needed for the resurrection.

Still I am new here and my highest level character is 7th. I wouldn't know what the loot drops look like for the upper and middle level players.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

twin_snakes wrote:How about giving more varied treasure? Right now it is very boring seeing the same junk treasure. Part of the reason for adventuring is to find those uber rare magic items etc... Right now there isn't any incentive to a character to adventure. I know it will take some time to make the areas more rubust so in the meantime some half decent treasure would be nice. Also some more gold. Leveling to where my character is at has only netted 16k. Not very much for a lvl 20 character. More xp would be nice but I would prefer to see more treasure and gold at the moment.

Ha well consider yourself lucky with the 16k. I am level 15 and only have 5k
tlantl wrote:I agree that the loot might be increased in value, My highest level bard is averaging 300 coins a level and levels are dear. Maybe if the skeleton warriors dropped a weapon or piece of armor 6% or 8% of the time, even a mundane or rare metal based item, we would be able to trade them or even keep one for our own use. I need 3,300 coins to upgrade to a +2 crossbow, but I spend nearly all of my hard won goods on healing and protection scrolls. There is no way for me to have a dead companion raised from the dead since I never have the 1,000 coins needed for the resurrection.

Still I am new here and my highest level character is 7th. I wouldn't know what the loot drops look like for the upper and middle level players.
I am level 15 and the drops have remained the same for all the levels. ( I would say that Driller has been busy with other things and hasnt got the drops set up to get progressively better )
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya