More items in town shops

Post suggestions for improvements here.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

More items in town shops

Post by twin_snakes »

I find at about level 5 -6 things start to slow down a lot. The monsters are very hard to kill and the return of xp is fairly poor. In order to survive it is needed to party with higher levels to take on much harder challenges to even get some semi decent xp. I had seen belts at one point, then busted my butt to save up for them and now see them gone. Can we have more items in shops or more from drops so we can better equip ourselves. With the current player count we are lucky to get 2 people on at the same time ten hoping they are wanting to party etc.. is another story.

But yeah at about level 6 it's super hard to go anywhere above that. Yeah it can be done but it's pretty darn hardcore and it reminds me of those roleplay only worlds where you have to spend years to get a few levels.

cheers!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: More items in town shops

Post by driller »

Belts where taken out because they don't work. I do plan on adding more items the stores.

-driller
twin_snakes wrote:I find at about level 5 -6 things start to slow down a lot. The monsters are very hard to kill and the return of xp is fairly poor. In order to survive it is needed to party with higher levels to take on much harder challenges to even get some semi decent xp. I had seen belts at one point, then busted my butt to save up for them and now see them gone. Can we have more items in shops or more from drops so we can better equip ourselves. With the current player count we are lucky to get 2 people on at the same time ten hoping they are wanting to party etc.. is another story.

But yeah at about level 6 it's super hard to go anywhere above that. Yeah it can be done but it's pretty darn hardcore and it reminds me of those roleplay only worlds where you have to spend years to get a few levels.

cheers!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

By the way. What kind of items are you wanting me to add?

-driller
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

Jumping right in I wouldn't mind seeing more cloaks, boots, rings, amulets etc. with various enchantments. Strength gloves maybe, AC boots, cloaks with some skillpoints and the like. Nothing overly fancy is needed, just something to fill out the slots with. :)
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

Amulets, rings, cloaks, different armor and arms. The belts abilities are what's needed the most but maybe stuff that boosts ac. Broach of shielding, ammy's of natural ac, maybe a regen hitpoint item. I would say much of what was in bsk but maybe not as much since you are going for a different flavor here. If you would like me to list specific items I can do my best, will just need to know if that may help.

cheers
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

perhaps allowing 1 enchantment stone and one imbueing stone per item will give the players what they need.
Richard Larkinson
Knight
Knight

Post by Richard Larkinson »

If the place is an almost direct copy of BSK1, then there maybe stuff for sale at Marvelle if anyone has managed to get that far, (and if its even here on BSK2). I do agree though the basic set of items for sale is kind of poor, and purely geared up for players who are going to use greater magic weapon and magic vestment buffs. Not everyone is going to play those classes so it seems logical that would be other items for sale in the keep, and also some other things to then later spend some of the gold earned from the quests around there.

I suggest nothing super powerful obviously.. and no immunity items,. but something like these..

Ring of Protection +2, Ring of Resistance +1 and +2.
Cloak of Fortification +2, Cloak of Resistance +1 and +2, Cloak of Protection +2.
Boots of Hardiness +1 and +2, Boots of Reflex's +1 and +2.
Weapons of many different types +1 and +2.
Amulet of Vitality +1 and +2, Amulet of Wisdom +1 and +2, Amulet of Natural AC +2.
Armors and Shields of various sorts +1 and +2,
Bracers of Armor +1 and +2, Bracers of Dexterity +1 and +2.

All quite basic stuff, and im sure theres nothing there that will over tip the balance power wise at the start of the game. Just having some basic items to buy after some questing would make players stick around and maybe move onwards, but obviously at the moment as hardly anyone has seen all the merchants the place does look pretty item starved.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

I would like to see the following items in stores:

Lesser Gauntlet of Ogre Power: +1 Str
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: +2 Str
Alchemical Silver and Cold Iron weapons
Mithril armor of various kinds
Blank scrolls, empty potion bottles, bone wands

The only constant is change.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Would you rather be able to buy stuff or make it from stones?

-driller
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

"Blank scrolls, empty potion bottles, bone wands", Agreed Caesius. Those are sorely needed.

"Would you rather be able to buy stuff or make it from stones?" Could we have a little of both? Although it is hard to know what will be balanced without knowing how the crafting system works.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

driller wrote:Would you rather be able to buy stuff or make it from stones?

-driller
I would like both to be honest.
salmonius8
Commoner
Commoner

Post by salmonius8 »

socketed items are supposed to be able to allow 3 enchants no? it presently only allows one , if that could be fixed to 3 like usaul.... it would be as easy fix and then put in some +2 items maybe remake tha marvale shop as it isnt there yet or give it to the bordermarch merchant .. +2 ac amulet .. +2 ring of protect ... at least to help those that rely on items..that would be a fast easy help to all and not hard to do for driller
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

why do you need socketed items? Why do you rely on items period?

doing this will be another rehash of BSK1, while it was great fun with all the uber items this is a totally different type world.

adding 3 sockets is way too much for this world and in my opinion would make it unbalanced, as for +1 or 2 items that is reasonable depending on what it is?

this is a different challenge and i for one do not want to see all these uber items. I know he has already compromised by allowing any and all types of char and PC.

as for drops i would like to see more items and different types, after all that is what is fun about exploring and fighting monsters, xp aside.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

I believe there should be another shop with better items in it but, it should be somewhere hard to get to. Not just another shop in the keep. Like pepsiman said this is another world. Knowing that the obviouse maximum of ab you will get is plus five I am aginst adding anything in a shop (ac wise) that is over +1. Now ability items are ok to do +2, +4 and +6 even because, ability items and spells do not stack in nwn 2 (as they did in nwn1). Its really what way driller really wants to go with it for abilites. He can ether make it to where a spell is the best you will be able to get on your ability or, he could make it to where you can get two more greater than a spell ever would (possibly from crafting stones).

Damage reduction items should be outta the question for now. I already dont like the fact that you can get item immunity in bsk 2. I just dont want to see what happened on bsk 1 happen on the new blackstone. Everyone knows what im talking about to! We had some characters(myself included) that were running around with about 60 to 70% immunity to one type of weapon damage and NONE of the socket gems you added on did anything. Over time the socket gems that added elemental damage became worthless. Lets not make the same mistakes as before.

And to me immunity items should BE WAY out of the question. I dont want to see any immune to knockdown, death magic, ability drain, freedom, etc. items. unless they are a very very very rare drop like getting a amber rare. and the item should only have the immunity on it and possibly like +2 to a ability or +1 ac and thats it.

The way the server is now puts us all in a new mind set from what we once were when it came to making our builds. Now we have to go from playing in a high magic server to playing in a low magic server and actually have to worry about saves, knockdown, entanglement, and death magic. Even though you can get spells for those immunites they can be stripped unlike items. This is a whole new ball game for us all lets not mess it up with the uber items of the past.

So relax and give driller some time because we all know he will put in a secret shop like akons and for once.......Every item akon has WILL ACTUALLY BE WORTH BUYING lol.

Thanks,
and i'll see you all in game

-Zero
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Post by twin_snakes »

Wing--Zero wrote:I believe there should be another shop with better items in it but, it should be somewhere hard to get to. Not just another shop in the keep. Like pepsiman said this is another world. Knowing that the obviouse maximum of ab you will get is plus five I am aginst adding anything in a shop (ac wise) that is over +1. Now ability items are ok to do +2, +4 and +6 even because, ability items and spells do not stack in nwn 2 (as they did in nwn1). Its really what way driller really wants to go with it for abilites. He can ether make it to where a spell is the best you will be able to get on your ability or, he could make it to where you can get two more greater than a spell ever would (possibly from crafting stones).

Damage reduction items should be outta the question for now. I already dont like the fact that you can get item immunity in bsk 2. I just dont want to see what happened on bsk 1 happen on the new blackstone. Everyone knows what im talking about to! We had some characters(myself included) that were running around with about 60 to 70% immunity to one type of weapon damage and NONE of the socket gems you added on did anything. Over time the socket gems that added elemental damage became worthless. Lets not make the same mistakes as before.

And to me immunity items should BE WAY out of the question. I dont want to see any immune to knockdown, death magic, ability drain, freedom, etc. items. unless they are a very very very rare drop like getting a amber rare. and the item should only have the immunity on it and possibly like +2 to a ability or +1 ac and thats it.

The way the server is now puts us all in a new mind set from what we once were when it came to making our builds. Now we have to go from playing in a high magic server to playing in a low magic server and actually have to worry about saves, knockdown, entanglement, and death magic. Even though you can get spells for those immunites they can be stripped unlike items. This is a whole new ball game for us all lets not mess it up with the uber items of the past.

So relax and give driller some time because we all know he will put in a secret shop like akons and for once.......Every item akon has WILL ACTUALLY BE WORTH BUYING lol.

Thanks,
and i'll see you all in game

-Zero

Something needs to be noted about NWN2, it's already balanced big time. Many items that existed in nwn1 do not exist in nwn2. Most don't. There isn't an over power of items. This server right now is way more hardcore that most out there. It's very tough to level etc..... The biggest misconception with nwn2 is that it's like nwn1. it isn't. Not at all. Nwn1 was designed to be a video game that is easy for everyone. Nwn2 is designed to be much more like the pencil and paper game with much less power requiring much more skill. Give it a fair try with what comes default I say then go from there. This is during the testing period anyways. Need to see what will work and what won't. What the server needs is active DM's that engage in RP and police the server. Proper control will ensure nothing is abused.