Experience and level of Effort

Post suggestions for improvements here.
twin_snakes
Count
Count

Experience and level of Effort

Post by twin_snakes »

I find the quests do not have a natural progression with how much xp is relieved. Wolf pelts is ok at 250. However the Kobold quest since it isn't until level 3 that a normal adventurer can beat it at which point 250 xp does not match the effort and loses (if you dies during it). I feel it is worth more like more than 500 at least. 750 for example. Then have the quests go up in xp as they require much harder work. I wish there were more quests also. It is boring having to kill the same thing over and over monotonously. Because it takes so long to level it would be nice to have more choices and quests that pay well also help in tell the story of the server.

Hope this helps, great job so far driller!
Richard Larkinson
Knight
Knight

Re: Experience and level of Effort

Post by Richard Larkinson »

I think the idea of quests that have decent rewards in a logical order and / or are story based are a good idea, and agree some of the earlier quests that follow on are much harder to handle than you would expect. Being given a follow on quest from the same person, you kind of expect if you handled the last one easily that the next one would be at least ok or a bit challenging.. not so insanely hard that you have to camp areas and slowly grind xp up for hours at a time (which can bore the hell out of us players), just so that you can carry on with that specific quest.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will see what I can do.

-driller
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

This is something that I think all the players would like to see improved. The Bosses for quests can be very hard, and given that the server is new finding a party isnt something that can always be done. So if the difficulty of monsters stays the same then an increase in At Least quest xp would be nice.

Example: The Goblin Leader quest only gives 300 xp and gold, but I have watched him kill/almost kill someone as high as level 10.

Also, Resting taking 16 minutes seems to be a little much. In BSK 1 if I remember right it was 4 minutes. If Driller wants it to be higher then it was on bsk 1, then maybe 8 minutes would be a little easier on the caster classes. ( only 2x more then bsk 1 instead of 4x )
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya