Join me in Evil RP?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Thanks Gibbo! I'm actually looking for people to join me at lvl1 and work from there. You interested in starting a new character for this?
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

He's lvl 5 atm.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Come to think of it... If I actually am able to gather a few people, I think I'll start by doing backgrounds on the cork board. I'll have to throw one together for my character and have others add theirs to that thread. When I have one in place, I'll edit this post and put the link here.

PS: Sorry Gibbo. I am looking for pure lvl 1. If you want to remake Luthur, that's be fine, but for RP sake, I want to have people who are first walking off the docks into BSK.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

*shrug* Oh well.. lol, best of luck then!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song
Baron
Baron

Post by Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song »

viobane wrote:Come to think of it... If I actually am able to gather a few people, I think I'll start by doing backgrounds on the cork board. I'll have to throw one together for my character and have others add theirs to that thread. When I have one in place, I'll edit this post and put the link here.

PS: Sorry Gibbo. I am looking for pure lvl 1. If you want to remake Luthur, that's be fine, but for RP sake, I want to have people who are first walking off the docks into BSK.
Damn it Viobane. Why can't people be higher than lvl 1. Your idea is one that I have fantasized about over and over again. I could have been of great aid to you as I have successfully done what you are trying to do three times already.

Perhaps I can make a lvl 1 though I would have preferred Lady Tray'o to this with you. hmmmmm. Let me think about it. I have an AA I've been thinking about building named Shall'o Curse. Maybe he can join up.
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song: First Knight of Blood

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Sorry Gibbo =( Lady Tray'o, I'd be happy to have you! I just created my character, and have a general idea of where his actions will take him, but I'm open to the idea that the path we plan is not necessarily the path we take <g>

As to my plan on starting at lvl1, I know whenever I start a character, once I start playing, I immediately develop some idea of what this character is. I want to start this development with a group of people so that the character is in part developed by the actions of those around him.

I have no doubts that once it starts, each person that starts with me may also go on solo adventures that may bring them up a few levels higher than others, but whenever they come back as a group it will be a shared experience.

And my idea of evil is one of comraderie, so at least my character will have no desire to usurp the others in the group, but work together to stop the evil plaguing the keep. I think that sometimes the way people confront evil is ignoring the evil in their own souls, though, so that's what may come out over time.

If it actually gets started, we'll see how it goes =)
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Hmm, while I am not interested in playing an evil character, I have observed many on the server.

I notice one thing right off, Individually, they tend to try and roleplay thier alignment, however get 2+ in a group, and thier alignment goes from a possible organised lawful evil, to the ever popular 'chaotic stupid'.

Turning what would be, and could be, good roleplay, into a big he said she said, Which goes back and forth. I have watched as players kill each other, back and forth, again and again until they all end up in one huge ooc argument.

The very nature of roleplaying an evil character, will put you in situations, where if you play true to your alignment, you can end up possibly backstabbing a friend. This would be aceptable in pen and paper environments more readily, as there can be alot of ooc conversation there, like " hey man, sorry about cutting your character in half there, but I sorta had to, just look at the DMs face!! " But, in an online environment, you have 'unknowns' each person behind that character, roleplays thier characters completely different that you. SOme may have the 'Its just a game' mentality, and go with anything dealt out to them, others, may wear their hearts on their sleeves, so to speak, and think ' hey, I thought i just made a RL friend here, and now you cut me in two, just because opportunity presented itself'. This is usually why the big flame wars turn into what they do, within any server.
Me personally, I roleplay T'banyin, as neutral as I possibly can, and still find myself thinking ( was that too good an action, I better go roleplay something to make up for that ) hehe.

Anyways, good luck with your roleplay scenario, and I hope you all can find a good way to have fun with it :)
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Good point, T'banyin. Which is not at all what I personally intend on accomplishing. I would actually like to have a group of people who is willing to NOT fall into that trap. Hence my not wanting any followers of Kazra, and my description of a group of people who actually are intent on doing 'good' but ignoring their own actions in the process.

It may ultimately fail as a group (if it even gets started), but I truly believe that evil is much more subtle than what is played by many people who think that evil means that you want to take over the world, or kill everything that moves. Like I said, the BEST evil is that which would never think or label themselves as evil.

In comparison, those of you Star Wars fans out there consider the case of Anakin Skywalker. Troubles though there may have been with the prequels, I think the examples of how his character devloped are perfect. Even at the end, I don't think Anakin would ever have thought he was evil, but would have focused on the jedi as being the ones that were destroying the universe. He would have thought that they were the reason for the imbalance, and fought to destroy them all not because he thought it was the evil thing to do, but because he thought it was the RIGHT thing to do.

So, anyway, I started posting on the corkboard with my character. Those who are interested, feel free to check it out and let me know if you want to join. I've called this group "The Centurion Company" and plan on developing it as a group who always means to do the "RIGHT" thing.

http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?p=2238#2238
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

I'm reconsidering my first opinion and would be willing to join you. But when are you planning to do this?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I'm thinking sometime within the next week, hopefully. Perhaps on Thursday or Friday to start. Depends on who joins in and what schedule fits. I'm not tied to what happens after it starts, but I'd at least like the beginning few hours to start together.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I guess, since I haven't mentioned this before in this thread...

I really only want people who are dedicated to RP to join with me. ANyone who has a desire to PvP should try something else. I don't want this to turn into an evil free-for-all, and I think only strong RPers can keep that from happening.

The reason why the "I want to take over the world" kind of evil doesn't work is because there is no way for that to happen with NWN game mechanics. Especially given the "invincibility" of it all with respawns and resurrections. Are you ever really intimidated by someone trying to kill you if you know that you'll just come back?

This RP will not likely be toward other PCs, but more toward the quests and environment provided by driller's scripting. To RP that you really have to work as more of a team, I think.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

Agreed. Mind if I join along? I have a character in mind, but I haven't worked out all the details of his background.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
TheBlackSage
Commoner
Commoner

The Black Sage is in.

Post by TheBlackSage »

I will roll out with a Neutral Evil Cleric of Lia. Watch for him.

~Aif Terro... err... The Black Sage (*smirking*)
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Sounds like yall are gettin' off to a good start. *thumbs up*
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

TheBlackSage - Sounds great! Post your character's backstory on the "Centurion Company" thread on the Public Corkboard.

Zacarias - When you've got your character fleshed out, also post your backstory on the corkboard.

CORKBOARD LINK:
http://thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?p=2238#2238

If you want, log in and make your characters, choose your god and subrace (if applicable) and stand by the docks and log out. When we get this started, we'll begin there. Three is enough to start, I think, but anyone else who would like to join, let me know ASAP. For scheduling reference, what time zone are you at?

I'm at USA East Coast Time (GMT -5)