A few things.

Report any bugs you find here.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

A few things.

Post by Sierante »

• Couldn't find any healing potions for sale in the city, maybe I just missed them? Not so much a "bug" perhaps...
  • NWN1 specific dialogue on the ship to Blackstone.
  • Clicking the "Overgod" option for information (on the boat) automatically selects Eon as your deity and you are shipped to Blackstone immediately.
  • On that subject, are you supposed to be able to pray to Eon like on BSK1, and if so, is there a ring for that missing?
  • The text "Script quest_set, ERROR: STACK UNDERFLOW" appears in the combat log, including different NPC tags.
  • The text "Script craft_main, ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS" appears in the combat log from time to time.
  • The text "On open: 1" repeatedly appears in the combat log, even when nothing happens.
  • The text "call convo: <tag> 1" appears in the combat log whenever you talk to a (quest-giving?) NPC.
  • Foxmore still tells you to find a fountain "beside the temple".
  • I was questing in party with another player and we killed the Den Mother together. Immediately afterwards she appeared again and was killed a second time. We both got a kill and each got a hide, and we headed back for our reward. I talked to Honrich first and got two identical journal updates (according to the combat log), and also three rewards. 500 gold/exp three times that is. The other player couldn't talk to Honrich at all and got no reward for this quest, but his quest was "completed". He could not get the next quest for Gleanna.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A few things.

Post by driller »

1.Added to Gleanna.
2.The adventuring book has been added. I assume this is what you meant.
3.Eon's Ring added
4.Possibly fixed.
5.I will add a sanity check.
6.Fixed.
7.Fixed.
8.Fixed.
9.Fixed.
10.I put in a possible fix for the quest problems. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for your report,
-driller
Sierante wrote:
  • Couldn't find any healing potions for sale in the city, maybe I just missed them? Not so much a "bug" perhaps...
  • NWN1 specific dialogue on the ship to Blackstone.
  • Clicking the "Overgod" option for information (on the boat) automatically selects Eon as your deity and you are shipped to Blackstone immediately.
  • On that subject, are you supposed to be able to pray to Eon like on BSK1, and if so, is there a ring for that missing?
  • The text "Script quest_set, ERROR: STACK UNDERFLOW" appears in the combat log, including different NPC tags.
  • The text "Script craft_main, ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS" appears in the combat log from time to time.
  • The text "On open: 1" repeatedly appears in the combat log, even when nothing happens.
  • The text "call convo: <tag> 1" appears in the combat log whenever you talk to a (quest-giving?) NPC.
  • Foxmore still tells you to find a fountain "beside the temple".
  • I was questing in party with another player and we killed the Den Mother together. Immediately afterwards she appeared again and was killed a second time. We both got a kill and each got a hide, and we headed back for our reward. I talked to Honrich first and got two identical journal updates (according to the combat log), and also three rewards. 500 gold/exp three times that is. The other player couldn't talk to Honrich at all and got no reward for this quest, but his quest was "completed". He could not get the next quest for Gleanna.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

Great stuff with the quick fixes!

Regarding the NWN1 specific dialogue I meant that the portal conversation mentions being able to level to 40, HotU and other things typical for NWN1.

We tried questing together again today and completed the kobold quest with pretty much the same result. The difference this time was that I only got the reward once, but the rest was the same, keeping him from his reward and ability to advance in that chain of quests. When I grabbed the next quest from the Warden he also got the message "Script quest_set, ERROR: STACK UNDERFLOW" once again.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Does this happen if you are not in a party?

-driller
Sierante wrote:Great stuff with the quick fixes!

Regarding the NWN1 specific dialogue I meant that the portal conversation mentions being able to level to 40, HotU and other things typical for NWN1.

We tried questing together again today and completed the kobold quest with pretty much the same result. The difference this time was that I only got the reward once, but the rest was the same, keeping him from his reward and ability to advance in that chain of quests. When I grabbed the next quest from the Warden he also got the message "Script quest_set, ERROR: STACK UNDERFLOW" once again.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

I did the same quests alone with another character and everything seems to be fine when going solo, no problems at all.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I did some fixing. Let me know how it goes.

-driller
Sierante wrote:I did the same quests alone with another character and everything seems to be fine when going solo, no problems at all.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

Haven't checked the party questing further, but a few other things:
  • Peg's store holds no Scimitar +2.
  • A goblin leader spawns behind Rodran's office. (For testing purposes I assume?)
  • When exiting the first warehouse (the one to the far left when standing in front of them) you arrive just outside the third one. Also, tried to do the Galrath quest on two occasions but no bandits were to be found anywhere.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.Peg isn't supposed to have weapons.
2.Removed.
3.He is in the locked warehouse, the door will open if you have the quest.

-driller
Sierante wrote:Haven't checked the party questing further, but a few other things:
  • A goblin leader spawns behind Rodran's office. (For testing purposes I assume?)
  • When exiting the first warehouse (the one to the far left when standing in front of them) you arrive just outside the third one. Also, tried to do the Galrath quest on two occasions but no bandits were to be found anywhere.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

driller wrote:1.Peg isn't supposed to have weapons.
2.Removed.
Hm, last time I visited Peg he had several +2 weapons in his shop, however my party buddy wanted a scimitar but couldn't find one. But that was some time ago, so that could've changed. :)

And regarding the warehouses we did enter the locked one on those two occasions but there were no spawns in there whatsoever. Don't know how the spawning works though so perhaps someone else had just cleared the place when we arrived?

**Edit**

Oh, also. We tried questing in party again but it seems it's still the same. The chain of quests from Foxmore is also broken for him after killing the spider.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

When doing a quest in a party, everyone must be in the same area. So, if you turn in a reward, all the party members must be present.

Can you be more specific about Foxmore;'s quests not working after the spider?

-driller
Sierante wrote:
2.Removed.
Hm, last time I visited Peg he had several +2 weapons in his shop, however my party buddy wanted a scimitar but couldn't find one. But that was some time ago, so that could've changed. :)

And regarding the warehouses we did enter the locked one on those two occasions but there were no spawns in there whatsoever. Don't know how the spawning works though so perhaps someone else had just cleared the place when we arrived?

**Edit**

Oh, also. We tried questing in party again but it seems it's still the same. The chain of quests from Foxmore is also broken for him after killing the spider.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

1. We partied up and headed to Foxmore's tower. Each of us spoke to him to get the spider quest.
2. We went to the spider cave and killed the spider twice, each got a kill and got the quest item.
3. Headed back to Foxmore's tower, both were standing right next to him when I talked to him.
4. At this point we both got two journal updates (according to the log), the quest is labeled as completed, and I got my reward.
5. The other party member didn't get a reward, and could not start a conversation with Foxmore at this point, and the quest item was still in his inventory.
6. I could still talk to Foxmore and obtain the next quest without problems, but the other party member's journal doesn't update with mine, since it's "locked".

Just to clarify, this is the exact same thing that happened with Honrich and the Warden.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I found an issue, let me know if it is working after the next reset.

-driller
Sierante wrote:1. We partied up and headed to Foxmore's tower. Each of us spoke to him to get the spider quest.
2. We went to the spider cave and killed the spider twice, each got a kill and got the quest item.
3. Headed back to Foxmore's tower, both were standing right next to him when I talked to him.
4. At this point we both got two journal updates (according to the log), the quest is labeled as completed, and I got my reward.
5. The other party member didn't get a reward, and could not start a conversation with Foxmore at this point, and the quest item was still in his inventory.
6. I could still talk to Foxmore and obtain the next quest without problems, but the other party member's journal doesn't update with mine, since it's "locked".

Just to clarify, this is the exact same thing that happened with Honrich and the Warden.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Driller-

I completed Galrath's quest on Sunday- no problems. Tried with a new character last night.. and Galrath is missing from the locked warehouse. Minions missing too.

2.Removed.

-driller
Sierante wrote:Haven't checked the party questing further, but a few other things:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

That is odd, as that quest just uses the standard encounter trigger.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Driller-

I completed Galrath's quest on Sunday- no problems. Tried with a new character last night.. and Galrath is missing from the locked warehouse. Minions missing too.

2.Removed.

-driller
oRaph
Commoner
Commoner

Post by oRaph »

Galrath seems to be working now (or maybe he's just working irregularly). Having a very hard time getting the vampires in the old inn to spawn though. Tried a few times but nothing.

As for the party questing, that's also working now! The only remaining issues are minor: still a double journal update for both party members, and still the non-conversational party member doesn't lose his quest item, plus he doesn't get to listen in on the conversation. But rewards and quest chain continuations are there as they should.

A last thing: Rodran speaks of Bordermarch, but gives out neither journal update nor anything to deliver.