Disappointing

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM_Centaur
Baron
Baron

Re: Disappointing

Post by DM_Centaur »

Go try Shalnath and enjoy your pitiful FU. You'll ee what I mean ;-)
Shalnath has been working hard to increase his power. As such he has gathered treasures, which I believe he now releases on Death. No more FU letters.

Centaur
680. My axe doesn't go off accidentally when I'm cleaning it.
862. Bigby's Offensive Finger is not a real spell.
943. I am not Bjorn of Borg.

"1,125 things Mr. Welch can no longer do during an RPG"
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

I have tried Shalnath several times. Sadly this rogue doesn't stand a chance with the big guy. Jon and Hector tried with no success, and returned with Rikus and the 3 of us spent at least a half hour trying to kill him with no success. I have come to the conclusion that I must make a different character to fight Shalnath with.
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Or find some more friends =/ ... average party size should be 4 - 6, especially against that guy.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Yup Shally has been pimped. Average party in my day was 4. I recommend a High AB WM or 2. Cleric and a mage...maybe even a nice soaker?
Nice to see the reward has been increased. I shall be trying him ASAP.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I agree with you as well Fritz , those areas are tough and in a perfect world the drops would be better But..Players would harvest it relentlessly and build just to milk it for all it's worth . Last time I did the chickens I took Gabrial w/ Warlock , Between well timed TimeStops and crit cleaves it wasnt long before the ground was covered in mundane items so I can kind of see the Administrations point of view . Back in the day believe it or not the best place to farm was the pasture by the wolves den , I would buff a couple cows and shoot the breeze in party chat while I picked items and forgies up , wrong yeah but hey..
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Oh.. I too remember the days of walking through the pasture and picking up forgies that had dropped... but I never thought to buff a COW!!!!

dang...!!!!
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax