PC Went POOF!!!

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

HelloBSK
Count
Count

PC Went POOF!!!

Post by HelloBSK »

Well, looks like I will be taking a break from NWN for a while. My computer is DONE! I am not sure what exactly happend, but never the less it no longer works. Therefore, until I am able to get another I will be unable to share in the fun for a while.

I am a husband and father to 3 children and my wife does not work. Therefore, replacing my computer could take a bit of time.

Anyway, have fun and I hope to see you all soon. I will be on the forums.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Oh Noes!

good luck with the new computer.
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

And the working, husbanding, and fathering :D
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Perhaps if you can give a description of the issue you have with your computer, we can give some advice. I'm sure many of us "in the know" would be more than happy to give you some help.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

yeah, that's a fair point. i used to work in a computer shop. was boring though, they wouldnt let me test the computers by playing NWN.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I second this notion.

-driller
DM Rendyll wrote:Perhaps if you can give a description of the issue you have with your computer, we can give some advice. I'm sure many of us "in the know" would be more than happy to give you some help.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

notion carried!
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Ok I am at work and do not have my PC with me. However, it is a Toshiba Satalite P15 - ???. One of the cooling fans on the bottom quit working and the other fans were fine. Of course the warrenty I purchased expired one month prior :? . I bought a cooling mat for it which has two fans to draw the heat away from the bottom of the machine. It did not get overly hot and so I never worried about it. Then the sound would cut out. If I moved the screen back and then forward again, the sound would return. Every now and then the graffics would cut out and back in. I have used this machine every day for 3 years playing NWN. This is the first time I have had this issue. I received a blue screen error message (which only displayed for a second before rebooting). This happend a couple times. The last time I was playing it, it completely shut down and when I tried to boot it again, I had blue lines from top to bottom. If I booted it in safe mode, everything was fine. I then thought I had some sort of virus and put the factory disk in. Although I didn't want to loose everything on it, I thought this would be the best way to wipe it clean of any problems. This took some time, because the machine would display for about 2 minutes before the screen would go black. I finally got it to restore the factory settings and booted it up. But the same thing would happen. 2 - 5 minutes and then a black screen.

I then took all of the back panels off and blew a can of air in it to get all the dust and stuff out. I took the fan off and blew in there too. Once I put it all back together, I don't get anything when I power it on, just black screen.

I have built my last couple of desktops but retired them when I bought the laptop as it was a much better machine. Therefore, I don't even have a "working" desktop to resort to. Although I have built several desktops, I know nothing of laptops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I think this one is done!

Thanks for everything, you all are a fine group of people!!!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Take it back apart and go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure that everything is seated correctly, also check for foreign objects.

-driller
HelloBSK wrote:Ok I am at work and do not have my PC with me. However, it is a Toshiba Satalite P15 - ???. One of the cooling fans on the bottom quit working and the other fans were fine. Of course the warrenty I purchased expired one month prior :? . I bought a cooling mat for it which has two fans to draw the heat away from the bottom of the machine. It did not get overly hot and so I never worried about it. Then the sound would cut out. If I moved the screen back and then forward again, the sound would return. Every now and then the graffics would cut out and back in. I have used this machine every day for 3 years playing NWN. This is the first time I have had this issue. I received a blue screen error message (which only displayed for a second before rebooting). This happend a couple times. The last time I was playing it, it completely shut down and when I tried to boot it again, I had blue lines from top to bottom. If I booted it in safe mode, everything was fine. I then thought I had some sort of virus and put the factory disk in. Although I didn't want to loose everything on it, I thought this would be the best way to wipe it clean of any problems. This took some time, because the machine would display for about 2 minutes before the screen would go black. I finally got it to restore the factory settings and booted it up. But the same thing would happen. 2 - 5 minutes and then a black screen.

I then took all of the back panels off and blew a can of air in it to get all the dust and stuff out. I took the fan off and blew in there too. Once I put it all back together, I don't get anything when I power it on, just black screen.

I have built my last couple of desktops but retired them when I bought the laptop as it was a much better machine. Therefore, I don't even have a "working" desktop to resort to. Although I have built several desktops, I know nothing of laptops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I think this one is done!

Thanks for everything, you all are a fine group of people!!!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

what's that greataxe doing there? Bloody hell!
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

Does is make the post "beeps"
are the leds for keyboard stuff lit?
can ya hear the fans running?
If NO.. then power supply/battery problem.
sometimes if a battery gets a "SHORTED" cell it will kill the machine.
try starting it up WITHOUT the battery inserted on AC.

IF you got power, and ya hear the machine making it's normal noises
(Hard Drive spinning up...etc)
Then Video Card.. not a easy fix for those Toy-she-bas, if i rememeber
correctly. but fixable if ya can find the part.

IF you got power and nothing eles is beeping or spining up..
Motherboard,CPU issuse... very bad.
Find a nice hole, bury it, say a few kind words about it
R.I.P.
then buy a new one.

ttfn
Last edited by Cybermagi on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:what's that greataxe doing there? Bloody hell!
*sighs* Live roleplaying once more gone too far.. :roll:
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Ho-ho's on the harddrive!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Well the Motherboard is fried! :crybaby:

I sure do miss BSK!

I wish I was there to see the new cloaks and stuff, but it sounds like there are some troubles with it. But I would have expected that.

Miss you all and can not wait until tax season when I will be able to afford to replace my computer and get back on to RP with you. :ninja: :finger: :drool: