Dwarven Guild

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: Dwarven Guild

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Special Note:

BSK is not part of any of the D&D worlds or realms. D&D deities only apply to backstory, they are not supported by the server.

The BSK gods are catagorized more by ideas, values (or lack of), and goals than by racial types. While some of the deities do seem to identify with a particular race (usually because most of their followers are represented by that race) when they appear to mortals, few are actually locked to a racial type.

A bit of advice:

Your probibly better off reviewing the Gods as individual characters and select a few and dub them as the 'Dwarven Pantheon'... Then select a name for a 'dwarven hero' who would firmly represent dwarven values/ideas. That 'hero' could be revered as the representative of the Pantheon.

That would allow the RP to generate an appropriate being to revere without injecting off world material or misusing the BSK material. The DM's currently playing the given DM's could keep playing just as they have been and the 'hero' could be used as a conduit between all the gods and the dwarves who worship them.

I.E.:
If the hero was ... Theron Hammermountian (or whatever)
Dwarves would still worship whatever god they wanted, but they could focus their prayers to Theron. If asked who their god is, a dwarf would answer something like this, "Theron answers my prayers to Eon."

It may be a good idea to have two... the hero and the villian. Based on the mood of a comment, toast, prayer or curse... the dwarves would invoke the appropriate name... both should still represent core dwarven racial values.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Well as long as our "hero" is NOT the "grumpy dwarf"!! ... I think a more happier "hero" is needed ... more a "drunk hero" who prays to the "Great Keg of Dwarven Ale" hehe

Hordy
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Special Note:

BSK is not part of any of the D&D worlds or realms. D&D deities only apply to backstory, they are not supported by the server.

The BSK gods are catagorized more by ideas, values (or lack of), and goals than by racial types. While some of the deities do seem to identify with a particular race (usually because most of their followers are represented by that race) when they appear to mortals, few are actually locked to a racial type.

A bit of advice:
Your probibly better off reviewing the Gods as individual characters and select a few and dub them as the 'Dwarven Pantheon'... Then select a name for a 'dwarven hero' who would firmly represent dwarven values/ideas. That 'hero' could be revered as the representative of the Pantheon.

That would allow the RP to generate an appropriate being to revere without injecting off world material or misusing the BSK material. The DM's currently playing the given DM's could keep playing just as they have been and the 'hero' could be used as a conduit between all the gods and the dwarves who worship them.

I.E.:
If the hero was ... Theron Hammermountian (or whatever)
Dwarves would still worship whatever god they wanted, but they could focus their prayers to Theron. If asked who their god is, a dwarf would answer something like this, "Theron answers my prayers to Eon."

It may be a good idea to have two... the hero and the villian. Based on the mood of a comment, toast, prayer or curse... the dwarves would invoke the appropriate name... both should still represent core dwarven racial values.

Myle
DM_Mystic wrote:Don't dwarves have a racial diety? Halstrum, or something like that?
Mystic's comment is all I was basing the comment about a dwarven diety off of. I'd personally rather avoid the whole idea of having a singular figure (or even several someones) that the dwarves would worship/revere, but it's not entirely up to me. But that is some food for thought...
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Reverence for elders or ancestor worship is common amoung dwarven races... that is the concept I based my suggestion on.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Reverence for elders or ancestor worship is common amoung dwarven races... that is the concept I based my suggestion on.

Myle

Hmmm..very true , Dwarves do often use their fathers title along with their own "Son Of." But I agree w/ Andrun too , Shintoism belongs in japan . I think what we need is a Deity or Hero that can embrace all alingments so we can have some diversity .
I would like those who want to play a clan leader to let me know and we can set up a time to all get together in IC to start it off . I won't be able to attend until next weekend because of work issues but I encourage all others to start networking w/ each other and kicking off the RP .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Well... Eon accepts followers of any alignment and she is reknown for taking the form of a man or of other races. It is also not uncommon for her to go by other names or different names with different groups. It would not be a far stretch for her to consider the dwarves as interesting enough that she would invest her attention in them.

It's a thought.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Re: /X\(';..;')/X\

Post by Andrun »

Andrun wrote:A heads up for those of you interested in joining this guild.....

I am trying to get as many people as humanly possible online at the same time so we may get the fine details 'set in stone' so this guild can get under way. However I am having difficulty in messaging everyone and getting them on the same page.

So here's what would like from you, the players.

If you are interested in joining this guild, please PM me the following information.

(>'.')> The name of your dwarf or dwarves who would be joining this guild, as the case may be
(>'.')> Date and Time you would be available this upcoming week (04/20 thru 04/26)
(>'.')> What you would like to discuss about the guild

I shall use myself as an example.

- Eldrun Hammertower
- 04/20, between 7pm and 12am EST.
- 04/21, unavailable.
- 04/22 thru 04/25, between 7pm and 12am EST.
- 04/26, between 3pm and 2am EST.
- I would like to discuss what the overlying goals of this guild may be...
- I would like to talk about the ones in charge of the guild, who that individual or council of peers may be...
- I'd like to find out what our stance is when it comes to the other guilds and Blackstone...
- I'd like to know if we are, in fact, getting the Dwarven Citadel (and we're gonna do about having a rune gate right in the middle of what is essentially our guildhouse)...

When sending the above info to me, please make sure to include as much as you can regarding the guild, even if I may have mentioned a topic you wanted to talk about here.

Here's who have mentioned interest in the guild thus far...
tropiofCancer - Forgrim Forgehammer
Andrun - Eldrun Hammertower
Hordack - Forgie Hammertower
Axe Madness - Unknown Name
Eldora Blackwood - Unknown Name (or Rula)
klin brightaxe - klin brightaxe
metamud - Unknown Name
A DM? - Halstrum, the Dwarven God? (it's a thought)
Doofy Britches - Heffaert and Rhude Bhuda
Tanelorn99 - Bolbur Steelhammer
Roland Deschain - Rarebru Balancebringer (maybe)
Capt Cliff - Kadak and Gunnar
*** Meeting date has been scheduled ***

If you are interested in helping to found the Dwarven Guild, please log on at 8pm EST on Saturday, May 3rd. We will be discussing quite a bit, so if you can stick around for an hour or two, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

As it turns out, I recently got my graphics glitch solved (still crossing fingers), in addition to the hard drive problem sorted out. Oh, and let's not forget the random shutting down...got that fixed too. So it turns out my dwarf may have a little more time on his hands.

In short, who might a fella talk to about joining this little troupe?
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

Thanatos wrote:As it turns out, I recently got my graphics glitch solved (still crossing fingers), in addition to the hard drive problem sorted out. Oh, and let's not forget the random shutting down...got that fixed too. So it turns out my dwarf may have a little more time on his hands.

In short, who might a fella talk to about joining this little troupe?
There is a gathering this weekend at 8pm on Saturday. The guild will get underway at that time. If you cannot make it, please PM me so I might speak with you personally about what will be said and decided upon.
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

Hello, this is Andrun's girlfriend. Due to unforeseen circumstances (like his computer shorting out thanks to the storms) Andrun will not be around for today's guild meeting. He apologizes profusely and will be back online as soon as possible.

Edit:
I'm back. Business shall commence as usual.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

My contribution to the dwarven guild Im afraid is on a temporary hiatus . Im sorry to those who have put forth an effort to get things rolling especially Bramb Wayfare and some others . When what Im doing now runs its course I will definitely get back to it . Thats no reason though others cant pick up where I left off . Most of the everyday players know that I got this Kazra thing happening right now and it wouldnt be fair for me to have a leadership role in two factions that may find themselves at variance or working together . Like I was saying though I don't "own" the dwarven guild it was just an idea to get things in motion and eventually organize . I encourage those who like to play dwarves to pick it up and run with it . =D> Game On.
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

tropiofCancer wrote:My contribution to the dwarven guild Im afraid is on a temporary hiatus . Im sorry to those who have put forth an effort to get things rolling especially Bramb Wayfare and some others . When what Im doing now runs its course I will definitely get back to it . Thats no reason though others cant pick up where I left off . Most of the everyday players know that I got this Kazra thing happening right now and it wouldnt be fair for me to have a leadership role in two factions that may find themselves at variance or working together . Like I was saying though I don't "own" the dwarven guild it was just an idea to get things in motion and eventually organize . I encourage those who like to play dwarves to pick it up and run with it . =D> Game On.
Above and beyond this, I think it would be prudent of me to go ahead and put this on temporary hiatus, seeing as how very soon I shall be moving from my home in Michigan to an apartment... in Arizona. Cross-country moves are the suck... $1500+ in gas, food and trailer rental; not to mention the 3 day drive time.

But I digress. Dwarven Guild is on hiatus until I get settled in Arizona. Unless, of course, someone else wants to take the reins from me and head this up. If you're interested, PM me. I'll fill you in on all of the details on what we have accomplished thus far.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

If anyone interested with the Dwarven guild wants to pm me I'd be happy to oversee things until it can be picked up by Tropic of Cancer and Andrun.

Send me your login and character name for the guild and I'll be in touch when I can get things organised.
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
masterserge
Commoner
Commoner

Post by masterserge »

I would definitelly be interested in the guild.
I am, in a way, already a guild in one person. I have 9 dwarves characters all different professions. I guess, I will answer all you wishes and desires. LOL
Too bad I can't play all of them at one.
But just for the sake or RP, some one can creat first level bear-dwarve of the colors and the name that I have so, they can appear together. and for the action, I will bring the one that needed the most.
Here are their names and professions:

I made few remake of some of them, so their names might have little changes in order to save as separate files, but in general I kip their names the same all the time as their colors, as their professions. Each color bear has permanet main profession that doesn't change after remake only build might slightly improve one way or another.

Red Bear- Dwarven Defendor,
White Bear- Paladin,
Rainbow Bear- Royal Crafter,
Green Bear- Druid (or Druid/Shifter),
Yellow-Flame Bear-Weapon Master,
Orange-Sunset Bear-Monk,
Blue-Velvet Bear-Cleric,
Violet-Glow Bear-Sorserer,
Purple-Shadow Bear-Shadow Dancer (might be rogue/fighter/SD, but always with SD levels)

What would be my next step to join the guild?
And what the goal of the guild?

HUGS,
Serge.

PS: btw, I never had any coments if I should continue to post their story, if you are interested, I will do that. It is a long fairy tale.
Green
Rainbow Bear
Blue-Velvet
Orange-Sunset
Purple-Shadow
Yellow-Flame
Violet-Glow
+
Varvara Krasa Dlinnaya Kasa
Kisa Zolotko
Fatima

and more...