Dwarven Guild

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Re: Dwarven Guild

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Axe Madness wrote:i've seen drawfen shifters and mages no body thinks harper scout is good lol. . .
With the right build harper scouts are good:

1) When harper levels are taken post epic, you can opt for an epic bonus feat on harper levels 1 and 5 instead of curse song and favored enemy
-Epic Skill Focus
-Great Dex
-Great Cha
-Improved Combat Casting
-Lasting inspiration
2) Cat's grace and eagle's splendor harper spells stack with the arcane/divine versions of these spells
3) Crafted potions sell for a higher cost than they are made so your harper is pretty much a bank
4) Harpers have universal saving throw bonuses
5) Harper is one of the coolest classes to roleplay :mrgreen:

Ahem anyway back to dwarves... I dont know if BSK accepts all the DnD pantheons but unless it does, I dont think there is a dwarven diety in the BSK storyline
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about the Dwarven Guild?

As far as 'Accepting' dieties, you can say that Chuck Norris is your diety, and BSK will accept it. The only issue is whether the other players/chars do or not.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

If you all be startin a Clan, then Heffaert and Rhude Bhuda should like to be joining- or at least a'vin an Ale or 30 and listen to o'w the brightaxes could blow dis ting up...
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Unfortunately, my litle Tobur won't be joining up, for his own personal reasons.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Milk_Chocolate wrote:
Axe Madness wrote:i've seen drawfen shifters and mages no body thinks harper scout is good lol. . .

1) When harper levels are taken post epic, you can opt for an epic bonus feat on harper levels 1 and 5 instead of curse song and favored enemy
-Epic Skill Focus
-Great Dex
-Great Cha
-Improved Combat Casting
-Lasting inspiration
2) Cat's grace and eagle's splendor harper spells stack with the arcane/divine versions of these spells
3) Crafted potions sell for a higher cost than they are made so your harper is pretty much a bank

Ahem anyway back to dwarves... I dont know if BSK accepts all the DnD pantheons but unless it does, I dont think there is a dwarven diety in the BSK storyline
then by all means go make a harpie drawf i see nothing that offers me any sort of advantage or use in my style of char building :roll:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Alamore-Threepwood
Count
Count

Post by Alamore-Threepwood »

Axe Madness wrote:
Milk_Chocolate wrote:

-Epic Skill Focus
-Great Dex
-Great Cha
-Improved Combat Casting
-Lasting inspiration

then by all means go make a harpie drawf i see nothing that offers me any sort of advantage or use in my style of char building :roll:
lol Axe, your style, or Vido's style of char building? XD
Yes, I know, you think all of my suggestion are stupid, but you know what, there is nothing wrong with adding an action server feeling to a role playing server.

If your not worth a good laugh, your worth nothing at all.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

both mauric is vido von is mine :evil: :evil:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Tanelorn99
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tanelorn99 »

Bolbur Steelhammer, dwarven Paladin of Eon and Defender of the People, would welcome such a clan!
Alamore-Threepwood
Count
Count

Post by Alamore-Threepwood »

Axe Madness wrote:both mauric is vido von is mine :evil: :evil:
lol wooo =D> Von is kick butt
Yes, I know, you think all of my suggestion are stupid, but you know what, there is nothing wrong with adding an action server feeling to a role playing server.

If your not worth a good laugh, your worth nothing at all.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

klin brightaxe wrote:First I would like to say I have waited for someone to suggest this for a long time :) . Secondly the lich people taking the dwarven stronghold gave me an idea. Instead of having one main clan, why don?t we start a dwarven council this way each clan could have a representative and it could offer a reason for allot of rp and events if the dm's wanted to. I for one am willing to help,join,volunteer,....*gets in line and waits* I have a dwarven fighter/cleric/dwarven defender named klin brightaxe who is the eldest of clan brightaxe. there are 3 other brightaxes in our clan so far.
Thats an excellent idea . Different clans on a council would offer alot of RP possibilities . I've talked to quite a few people in game but have been kind of lax following up w/ the idea on the forums but yeah its going to happen , Im hoping maybe this Saturday we will have enough players online to get started . Guilds can take alot of time to get going , especially in the direction I would like to see it go . Far too often guilds just become player "gangs" and this isnt what Im out for , Im hoping for DM involvement and organized events on occassion . I also am not really shooting for constant warring w/ The Hunters , Starksons , or The Coven of Evil thats kind of why I dont want it deity based . I always thought of dwarves as isolationists who really dont give a damn about anything not in dwarven interests be it Kazrite or Vorite . That in its self can bring about good RP with the other guilds via diplomacy if War does go down . Eventually when the guild does take off and theres plenty of player involvement I'll get a website up to take care of guild business . I play on BSK w/ two accounts , -BlackSpring- and -TropicOfCancer- Primarily I play Gabrial Nal'Zoul , Luther , and Brakk so if any of you have ideas send me a tell I would like to hear them .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Well I gave my Godly dwarven waraxe away, so that pretty much put Rarebru on the shelf, But I like the Idea of this so I think I might just break him back out. so count me in as well.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

I think its a great idea ... but as guild leader already I cannot join do it would conflict with my current goals ... But like I said very good idea.

Hordy
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

As stated in the original post, I am down with this (especially considering how my main three characters are all dwarves). I'll be devoting the youngest Hammertower (Eldrun) to this full time as a member of the Dwarven Council, with Andrun and Ordrun stopping by from time to time, so to speak.
tropiofCancer wrote:I've talked to quite a few people in game but have been kind of lax following up w/ the idea on the forums but yeah its going to happen
Sorry about being lax on this, however I support this guild 100%.

Oh, no dieties, 'neutral' guild with a council of peers as leadership rather than 1 individual, a guild house with an ale vendor in it (this is a dwarf guild after all), and dwarf wimminz. Though if the dwarves are going to be isolationists, what would be a reason why they would get involved and play mediator between two warring parties? And what is going to be the driving goal of this guild?
Hordack wrote:I think its a great idea ... but as guild leader already I cannot join do it would conflict with my current goals ... But like I said very good idea.
I personally would have no problem with you joining the guild, Hordack, though I might have an issue if you were on Council... :mrgreen:
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

This is a great idea and count my two dwarf's in, Kadak and Gunnar.
Andrun
Baron
Baron

/X\(';..;')/X\

Post by Andrun »

A heads up for those of you interested in joining this guild.....

I am trying to get as many people as humanly possible online at the same time so we may get the fine details 'set in stone' so this guild can get under way. However I am having difficulty in messaging everyone and getting them on the same page.

So here's what would like from you, the players.

If you are interested in joining this guild, please PM me the following information.

(>'.')> The name of your dwarf or dwarves who would be joining this guild, as the case may be
(>'.')> Date and Time you would be available this upcoming week (04/20 thru 04/26)
(>'.')> What you would like to discuss about the guild

I shall use myself as an example.

- Eldrun Hammertower
- 04/20, between 7pm and 12am EST.
- 04/21, unavailable.
- 04/22 thru 04/25, between 7pm and 12am EST.
- 04/26, between 3pm and 2am EST.
- I would like to discuss what the overlying goals of this guild may be...
- I would like to talk about the ones in charge of the guild, who that individual or council of peers may be...
- I'd like to find out what our stance is when it comes to the other guilds and Blackstone...
- I'd like to know if we are, in fact, getting the Dwarven Citadel (and we're gonna do about having a rune gate right in the middle of what is essentially our guildhouse)...

When sending the above info to me, please make sure to include as much as you can regarding the guild, even if I may have mentioned a topic you wanted to talk about here.

Here's who have mentioned interest in the guild thus far...
tropiofCancer - Forgrim Forgehammer
Andrun - Eldrun Hammertower
Hordack - Forgie Hammertower
Axe Madness - Unknown Name
Eldora Blackwood - Unknown Name (or Rula)
klin brightaxe - klin brightaxe
metamud - Unknown Name
A DM? - Halstrum, the Dwarven God? (it's a thought)
Doofy Britches - Heffaert and Rhude Bhuda
Tanelorn99 - Bolbur Steelhammer
Roland Deschain - Rarebru Balancebringer (maybe)
Capt Cliff - Kadak and Gunnar