Something's Rotten in Blackstone

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Something's Rotten in Blackstone

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Meandering along the pathway the humankind call Blackstone Road, the animal sniffs the air delicately, detecting and aroma not quite like anything he's smelled before. Crossing what looked like strange flat treebranches he wanders into a big stony area, still following his nose, sneezing periodically with the strangeness of it. The scent grows stronger as he approaches a rather large tree. Seeing nothing different, he decides to explore this new territory and makes a hidey hole nest. Once this is done, the little skunk begins to wander around in search of some nourishment. What an odd place this is, he thinks, and the humans seem to be a bit wary of him. Not concerned he continues to search for some food and deciding to rest, naps down by that large tree which seems to be the source of the odd scent that drew him here to begin with.

"Master Wyndon! Master Wyndon!", gasped his aide, running into Hamian's office. Looking up, Hamian regarded his assistant expectantly. "I'm sooo sorry I'm late sir, my horse threw a shoe on my way in today so I had to stop at the smith's", continued the aide. Hamian smiled and shook his head. "It happens at times, worry not good man, you're here and all is well.", he replied. Setting aside a stack of papers he'd signed, Hamian got up from his desk and stretched while his assistant opened a window to freshen the room. As a fresh breeze entered the room, Hamian tilted his head with an odd look on his face. "I'll be back a bit later, I think I should go for a walk.", he said. Grabbing his coat he left the building and began to walk around the Keep, with that same odd look on his face. What is that?, he asked himself. It's like there's something in the air, kind of faint, old...... Turning a corner he stares at the square by the old tree. What in the?

The smell is stronger here, musty and old. The old tree is sprouting some odd looking mushrooms and emitting a very odd smell. It looks a bit overgrown and rotted and through various rocks in the square's cobblestones, other fungi seemed to be sprouting. Perhaps where the roots of our beloved tree lie? Hamian is not the first to notice the changes in the square and sees other citizens wondering what was going on. Sitting on a bench he almost stepped on a little black and white cat curled up underneath sleeping. Moving over he pondered over what could be going on.

//OOC - This was a simple RP idea I had and began it with a tiny unnoticed event in order to encourage the interactions and RP of everyone who enjoys some simple fun. This will primarily be maintained as an IC thread with potential for in game events should this idea blossom. (pun intended :wink: ) Even if you did not see this in game, feel free to use your imagination and post.
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Re: Something's Rotten in Blackstone

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

The evil druid and shapeshifter, Kamryn, strolls the Keep with his typical contempt for civilization. However, something gives him pause: the vile stench of mushrooms near the great oak. He walks closer to the tree, and examines a cluster of them. The druid knows that mushrooms are decomposers and that some species are known to have toxic and harmful spores. What these fungi are decomposing is irrelevant to the druid; instead he wonders how the mushroom's airbourne agents will affect the citizens of the Keep. "Hopefully it kills off all these civilized fools", he mutters, as he uses his rune of recall to escape the stench of not the mushrooms, but the city itself.