all set to go....

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Mizon Sky
Baron
Baron

all set to go....

Post by Mizon Sky »

hey all, finally hunted down sou and hotu and updated it and it all runs cushie, i need the cep hak though, can some kind soul post the link? thx
also i heard you can delete chars now in game so can someone tell me where i can do this ive forgotten how many old chars i have on my account.
see ya in game soon 8)
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Re: all set to go....

Post by Caesius »

Here ya go: CEP v2.0

As for the Character Deletion feature, I haven't encountered that yet. But if there isn't one, you could always start fresh with a new account.
The only constant is change.
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Speak to the Dockmaster, he can delete your character. Beware if you have two charcters with similar/identical names though. The wrong one could get deleted.
Mizon Sky
Baron
Baron

Post by Mizon Sky »

Thankin ye kindly, downloading it at the moment but gonna take a little while even with me BB, I also heard you can ride horses now, sounds good!
As my char Mizon is a good guy if there are any guilds about fighting the good fight im intrested 8)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Once again, that isn't how the deleter works. The deleter does not care what the character name is. It looks for the latest time stamp when deciding which file to delete.
I have added extensive logging to see what is happening and it is working fine. Please try to break it.

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:Speak to the Dockmaster, he can delete your character. Beware if you have two charcters with similar/identical names though. The wrong one could get deleted.
Mizon Sky
Baron
Baron

Post by Mizon Sky »

installed cep fine and jumped into bsk in what felt like the first time in years,
all my old friends were still on there and were as helpfull and nice as ever.
felt good to be back what can i say heh.
im planning to rp as a lion headed celestial like the ones in the temple, is this possible? also as far as voice sets go is it ok to download some for bsk? i quite like the aarin gend one.
ill stop asking questions eventually when ive found my feet again i promise ;-)
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

driller wrote:Once again, that isn't how the deleter works. The deleter does not care what the character name is. It looks for the latest time stamp when deciding which file to delete.
I have added extensive logging to see what is happening and it is working fine. Please try to break it.

-driller
Milk_Chocolate wrote:Speak to the Dockmaster, he can delete your character. Beware if you have two charcters with similar/identical names though. The wrong one could get deleted.
Oh ok... I guess I didnt follow up to see if it was ever fixed. Sorry for false info! #-o
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

driller wrote:Once again, that isn't how the deleter works. The deleter does not care what the character name is. It looks for the latest time stamp when deciding which file to delete.

-driller

Driller- this feature that you all added to the dockmaster is not only totally, completely awesome.. it works like a charm, and it has greatly helped me to clean up my doggone files without having to nag DM for help. I can't thank you enough for adding it. Also, the de-leveler in the new area.. so I have the choice to go back a level, or delete altogether great additions to the mod..

One note- its not broken, but when you delete a character at the docmaster- its says you will be logged off- you don't get logged off.. it just hangs there.. I usually just "cntl-alt-del" key, close NwN and log back in, and no problem. Very small inconvenience for a h-u-g-e administrative benefit.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

How long did you wait?

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:

-driller

Driller- this feature that you all added to the dockmaster is not only totally, completely awesome.. it works like a charm, and it has greatly helped me to clean up my doggone files without having to nag DM for help. I can't thank you enough for adding it. Also, the de-leveler in the new area.. so I have the choice to go back a level, or delete altogether great additions to the mod..

One note- its not broken, but when you delete a character at the docmaster- its says you will be logged off- you don't get logged off.. it just hangs there.. I usually just "cntl-alt-del" key, close NwN and log back in, and no problem. Very small inconvenience for a h-u-g-e administrative benefit.
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Same here. The server didnt auto-boot me. I waited about 45 secs to a minute then i pressed Alt F4 to close nwn. When I logged back in, the character was no longer in the account so I guess it worked :)
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

better than 15 mintues one time.... I had to get a 'samich and a beer....
Again.. I'm not registering a complaint.. it works! Just have to relog...
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax