The Lack of Hide Gear for Rogues and Sneaker's!

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Hordack
Duke
Duke

The Lack of Hide Gear for Rogues and Sneaker's!

Post by Hordack »

Before DM's and Players read this I want you to step back and remove any and all prejudice and bias you may have for Rogues, Assassin's, Bard's and Shadow Dancer's these being the Pick Pocket classes in NWN. I also want you to remove any prejudice you may have against me or any other pick pocket that plays on Blackstone Keep or those who may want to play a rogue or one of the said pick pocket classes.

Just to prove the prejudice and bias of player's and DM's against Rogue's that I feel that has gone. I am going point one Rogue on this server and that would be me. Not once have I ever recieved a piece of sneaker gear from a DM as a reward, fact is for 4 years I feel I have been black balled by certain DM's and provented in having such gear unless I was lucky to find it in a drop. In fact the Last Words Robe that I have came to me from a player as gift for one of my birthday's, this person was in fact a Hunter and his name was Thorval and I consider him a good friend.

Its sad that I can walk into Akon's and I equip any character builds for every class accept fot sneaker's. Why is this I ask of you? I remeber a time that such item's like the Robe of Blending and Cloak of the Bat where once in Akon's. Why the continued prejudice's torward's the sneaker and pick pocket build's? We have scripts to proventing griefing while pocket pocketing and the such do we not?

I know Myles your going to say something about how to build sneakers , how to build the prefect sneaker build and how tweak the build get the max dex and skill point's in hide and move silently. But I am not here to play a PvP pick pocket build. I am here to play A RP Rogue build with trap skills, open lock, skills, pick pocket skills and still have a good hide and move silently. I cannot do this if I have to focus most of my feats to have a good hide and move silently. I do know this cause I have spent years on BSK building sneaker's.

But I also want you to think about the rogues I have in my guild and the ones I am recruiting right now. All good RPer's some have good build's and some don't. I didnt recruit them to be some uber pick pocket build I recruited them cause like they enjoy the fact we love playing Sneaker's and RPing.

All I am asking for is to 3 item's put into Akon's for those of us who play sneaker builds. These are not uber hide item's just tiem's that times if you spend weeks and if not months farming for can drop. I am not asking to have the "Last Words Robe" or the "Mantle of Stealth Cloak" to be place in Akon's I like to see these item's left as DM rewards as candy for good RP.

I am only asking for these 3 items' to be placed in Akon's for the new Rogue's and Shadow Dancer's who are currently playing on the server. So they can have a good piece of gear to help their build out.

Robe of Blending >>> +10 hide
Cloak of Elven Kind >>> +10 Hide
Boots of Elven Kind >>> +10 Move Silently

All I ask is to forget your prejudice towards the sneaker and rogue builds and to fix the unbalalnce that was created when the Admin's and DM's removed these item's from the shop's. Forcing the Rogue's to fight over hard found gear on Blackstone. It is a sad fact that I can walk into Akon's and buy alll the gear I want for a Mage, Weapon Master, and Druid type build but yet there is nothing for a Rogue to have.

Thank for your time and open opinon's on this.

I also would like to thank all or any sneaker's who support me in this.
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Arwaine_Sunstar
Knight
Knight

Re: The Lack of Hide Gear for Rogues and Sneaker's!

Post by Arwaine_Sunstar »

i have to say i agree whole heartedly with hordack on this one there are no items in game worth it for sneaker builds and that is not fair to those of us that play them souly for the purpose of good rp not to rob people blind or anything like that i have to say if it was not for taking over the SOM as my sneaker i would not have the stuff i do that boosts my hide and MS hopefully this will change on the server for it is not fair to punish every sneaker over the few that have messed up to cause them to be removed.
Arwaine_Sunstar
Eldora Blackwood
Knight
Knight

Post by Eldora Blackwood »

I think this would be a great idea ... there's always plenty of gear for melee chars and casters so why not sneakers?

I've a sneaker planned for RP .. but what's the point of making the char if her skills aren't high enough? Those items would make the difference between another RP char and a decent rogue.

:D :D :D
Lady Arial Sovereign of Starkson
Shanya
Shala
Odetta
Rula Hammerfist
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

much as I hate to open this whole can of worms..
there does seem to be a lack of "quality" sneaker gear in shops.
Not that Pan needs any.. but i could see how newer rouge types could get frustrated.

ttfn
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Maybe I just get bad luck but all I've found for my sneakers in the course of the past 4 years are rings of hiding, Shadow Legion Armor, a couple of heavier armors with even fewer sneaker bonuses and a single robe of blending. I too would like to see more items for sneakers.
The only constant is change.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Despite my distaste for the sneakers, I feel this is a reasonable argument. Well that and it doesn't really affect me a whole lot.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

ya this would be good in years i've played only found robes of blending for a sneak i've moved away from them because i couldn't find the cloak :roll: but that would be cool to see this happen i remember back in day thieves guild was huge basically anyone can get 100spot with a scroll why make it so hard for sneaker to get 100 ~_~
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Does that mean we should also add 3 items to the server that provide +10 to skills that counter rogues?

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
DesiccationofEmotion
Commoner
Commoner

Post by DesiccationofEmotion »

Considering the amount of gear available to other classes, this would be a satisfactory addition to the server. But as I wander the realms, as many different classes, I find that the melee types greatly outnumber other classes as far as available gear in general.
Very few places sell desirable gear for Rogues or Magic Users of all types. A portion of the available stores I've been to have very little to offer in any way shape or form. Higher level area stores have low level gear available with but a few higher level items.
Don't get me wrong, I love this server and most who play on it (discluding the pk'ers that run rampant, but that's another topic), but I would like to see a moajor revamp of all of the stores; not to cater to one class or another (except for any specialty stores) but to offer a legitimate variety to all classes that play here.
I do agree that sneakers are currently looked over concerning gear, but as one looks around, they are not the only ones.

--just my two cents...DoE
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

eh i think should be made equally as hard to reach max spot and max hide as of right now. .3buffs=give24pts to hide? 1 buff gives 50 to spot sure better then the alternative TS i only heard of 3 items with +10 to hide only actually seen 1 never looked into +to spot only ever witnessed the watchmen helm or something or another at akons and i don't know stats on it #-o
never seen a item with listen on it either lets not forget move silently only ever saw boots of elven kind i been told there is armor with 10 and cloak with 10 with both ms and hide on it :shock: my inability to get ahold of said items i've moved away from them they are probably the funnest class to be but without that stuff your only dodging lowbies/non spot chars and monsters

now releasing these items for public purchase i'd see this happening a flood of really high hide ms sneakas and a flood of PM spotters

~side note~
is max spot capped at same as max hide ?
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Myles there are 3 item's i game with spot and listen skills ... Gtr belt of guilded light ... Wathcman's helm ... Gem of Seeing that the DM's seem so happy to pass out to people ... yeah funny how I don't have one.

Oh I think there is few more item's I'll have to take a look around in the shops ...
Hordack The Dark
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Hordack wrote:Myles there are 3 item's i game with spot and listen skills ... Gtr belt of guilded light ... Wathcman's helm ... Gem of Seeing that the DM's seem so happy to pass out to people ... yeah funny how I don't have one.
Complete the run of the Bloodcult Fort with Hordack and I will give him one.

:twisted:

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

So I just have to run there and back? I can do that ... remeber you didnt say anything about killing anything *evil grin* thank god for Gtr sanct. hehe
Hordack The Dark
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

spoken like a rogue lol gotta work out the deal like your dealin witha pirate "leave this place forever and you get (insert thing)" you leave then they say hey what bout me? "oh you didn't say take you back *evil laugh*" :twisted:
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Here is what I got for spot Item's already in game Myles

gtr belt of guilding light >> +4 spot / Listen
Watchman's Helm >> +8 spot/ listen
Watchman's club >> +2 spot /listen
Eaglebow >> +2 spot

Total's = +18 spot / +14 listen >> all added to gether.

So with those 4 items you almost equal the total's of the said Item's I requested to be put into Akon's for the sneaker's which is all added up to be >> +20 hide / +10 Move silenty . So why add more stop item's when there are 4 already?

But if you want lets throw in few +10 items with spot on them into Akon's just to make you happy I will go for that if and only if I get the 3 item's for the Rogues and sneaker's put into Akon's. Robe of Blending +10 hide, Elven Cloak +10 hide, and Elven Boots +10 MS.

But really why add more Spot item's when I just proved my point ... Sneaker have to haggle and fight over drops and the other builds can just walk into Marvales and Akon's and buy the spot item's off the shelve's. Let's not forget those nice DM's who pass out Gem's of Seeing to the nice non-sneaker builds.

currently this is what we have on the server.

non-sneaker builds get >> +18 spot / +14 listen from item's in shops both Akon's and Marvale ... plus the lucky DM pet's get the +50 Gem of Seeing

Sneaker builds get >> nothing. unless they luck out and get a RoB in a drop ... good luck my Sneaker friends.

What I purpose to be put in Akon's >>

non-sneaker's +18 spot / +14 listen from in store item's already in game >> Plus Myles you can add one +10 spot or/and listen item

the Sneaker's get the >> +20 hide / +10 move silenty >> with the Robe of Blending(+10 hide), Elven Cloak(+10 hide), Elven Boots(+10 move silently)

I could live that Myles ... but remeber Myles I am not doing this for myself I am doing it for those who are in my guild who are not power builder's and want to have a good time Rping a sneaker and have the good gear like the build's on the server.
Hordack The Dark