Notice regarding changes to take place in May

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Notice regarding changes to take place in May

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

:!: Important :!:

Server Policy change in May

Due to the amount of player/character related incidents, reports and lack of documentation, we have come to the conclusion that we need to make a change in the way we operate BSK. As of May 1, 2008, no characters will be allowed to exceed level 20 without interviewing with a DM and affirming their intent to adhear to the rules of the server. The revised rules will be posted on April 17, 2008 - two weeks before the change goes into effect.

All players with characters over level 20 are expected to contact the DM of their choice to arrange an interview before May 1, 2008. Any player who does not interview with a DM by the time we go live with this change will have all epic characters purged from the database.

These interviews can take place in game or over any of the usual IM services.

The server will be converting to a allow PvP in all areas. Playerkills and Pickpocket attempts will result in non-drop tokens being placed in a characters inventory. DM's will not remove such tokens, though, Playerkills and Pickpockets will not be rule regulated anymore. If a character inventory is too full to accept a Kill-token or a PP-token, the offending player will be perma-banned. In attention, each PK or PP action will be logged and recorded to a database attached to each players key-code. If any player ever has more than 3 characters who have such tokens and -has not- been flagged by DM's as approved for more, that player will be temporarily banned until they interview with a DM.

There are other changes that will take place. Most have to do with removing the current rules and replaced the rules by installing in game tokens to regulate behavior. For example, anyone discovered to have killed Shalnath more than once in a week will get a warning token in their inventory. This token will reveal that they have been broadsided by a April Fools prank and that Myle can really piss of alot of people will very little effort. At this point, your probibliy wondering why I am continueing.... Well, I need to fill space so that people will read this whole thing before they realise they have been had so I will just keep on with stuff like how important it is that we change the format of the server to best serve the over all needs of our player base.

We want this server to be a fun and exciting place for all players. We know the transition will be difficult for some of you. Please understand that sometimes... these things are not avoidable.

Be sure to stay tuned for the revisions that will be out on the 17th.

After the 17th, we will open a dialogue about these changes. Until then, please realise that this is a matter we have chosen as a DM team and until we are ready to fully impliment them and have fully brought the part-time DM's up to speed - your input as players will have to wait.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: Notice regarding changes to take place in May

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

ST_DM_Myle wrote: :!: Important :!:

Server Policy change in May

Due to the amount of player/character related incidents, reports and lack of documentation, we have come to the conclusion that we need to make a change in the way we operate BSK. As of May 1, 2008, no characters will be allowed to exceed level 20 without interviewing with a DM and affirming their intent to adhear to the rules of the server. The revised rules will be posted on April 17, 2008 - two weeks before the change goes into effect.

All players with characters over level 20 are expected to contact the DM of their choice to arrange an interview before May 1, 2008. Any player who does not interview with a DM by the time we go live with this change will have all epic characters purged from the database.

These interviews can take place in game or over any of the usual IM services.

The server will be converting to a allow PvP in all areas. Playerkills and Pickpocket attempts will result in non-drop tokens being placed in a characters inventory. DM's will not remove such tokens, though, Playerkills and Pickpockets will not be rule regulated anymore. If a character inventory is too full to accept a Kill-token or a PP-token, the offending player will be perma-banned. In attention, each PK or PP action will be logged and recorded to a database attached to each players key-code. If any player ever has more than 3 characters who have such tokens and -has not- been flagged by DM's as approved for more, that player will be temporarily banned until they interview with a DM.

There are other changes that will take place. Most have to do with removing the current rules and replaced the rules by installing in game tokens to regulate behavior. For example, anyone discovered to have killed Shalnath more than once in a week will get a warning token in their inventory. This token will reveal that they have been broadsided by a April Fools prank and that Myle can really piss of alot of people will very little effort. At this point, your probibliy wondering why I am continueing.... Well, I need to fill space so that people will read this whole thing before they realise they have been had so I will just keep on with stuff like how important it is that we change the format of the server to best serve the over all needs of our player base.

We want this server to be a fun and exciting place for all players. We know the transition will be difficult for some of you. Please understand that sometimes... these things are not avoidable.

Be sure to stay tuned for the revisions that will be out on the 17th.

After the 17th, we will open a dialogue about these changes. Until then, please realise that this is a matter we have chosen as a DM team and until we are ready to fully impliment them and have fully brought the part-time DM's up to speed - your input as players will have to wait.

Myle

I got two almost immediate replies.

I specifically said that replies will not change any of our plans at this time.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

It seems that the number of complaints regarding our lack of interst in player input has fallen on soft ears.

As determined by those other than myself, your comments are now welcome.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

*gets out the popcorn, laughs and continues to watch, hoping for a good show*
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

*passes Roland a beverage and tries to figure out how to TiVo it*
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

tropiofCancer wrote:*passes Roland a beverage and tries to figure out how to TiVo it*
The impending lulz are too mighty for humble TiVo.
Arwaine_Sunstar
Knight
Knight

Post by Arwaine_Sunstar »

wow this is not right when i woke up this morning and read this i was about ready to walk off the server over this and thanks to Hordack making me reread it i calmed down and got a good laugh you are a truely evil man i hope you know that
Last edited by Arwaine_Sunstar on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arwaine_Sunstar
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

shhhhhh you arent supposed to say that until AFTER someone gets all mad and posts
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

you know Myles when I woke up this morning only having 4 hours of sleep ... I read you little post and said WTF! ... thanks to the lovely Panacea wacking me on the head making me reread this. I figured how evil of a little man you are ... and I plan to make you life a living hell on the server for the next few weeks *evil grin*

*steals Alain's and Gabe's popcorn and beer and takes a seat up front*
Last edited by Hordack on Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Morgan
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan »

Wow! The years going by pretty fast. :mrgreen:
Lloyd_Strife
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Lloyd_Strife »

there are several very large and offensive problems with your final solution to the non dm beloved player question. <thats right i went there>

one this system accounts that all dms are 100% impartial are not human and are 100% fair. this while a lovely sentiment is not always the case. Dms are people who have huge amounts of power, and as we all know power corrupts. now i know this will result in me getting deleved hated and denied a interview thus ill be unable to so much as rp and defend myself but i feel the need to express my freedom of speech.

two this system does not account for rp at all. Example if your a evil lich hell bent on world domination how are to to actually dominate the world if you cant kill anyone without the threat of perma death. TRANSVERSELY how can you be a solider in a militia or other military organizations where killing is required and even ordered. i promise you any solider will have more then 3 kills within one battle, hell before the reserves are even called in.

three pick pocketing only causing problems for all involved. but heres the bigger problem pping can result in unwanted pk tokens. eyes of akon will be triggered killing the thief thus a pk token. Or killing a thief to get the item back/stop him, this rule favors chaos and rouges immensely.

four dms while i hate them and distrust them for obvious reasons, are people who do not have time to interview every character and every person one by one just so they can get level 21 which they can earn without a dm having to interrogate them for their own means. i understand your need to feel safer and more in control of the rules and environment but things are not that bad as is without dms suddenly becoming big brother picking who can live who can die whos baned who isnt baned just by rping or being themselves.

In closing i fallow the rules i get pushed and mocked icly i kill them for picking a fight. Does that make me evil vile wrong and worthy of being baned? no. If i see someone picking on a young woman will i step in and defend her? you bet should i be baned for it? nope under your system will i be baned? hells yes.

In closing i know ill be baned or otherwise punished for speaking up but the needs of the many out weight the needs of dms.

Your friendly neighborhood watchdog,
Lloyd
Because the sun has not yet risen on the day when Lloyd of the Sa'badia, will face death graciously. I will kick and claw and bite and scratch and spit my last breath in its face.
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

Lloyd_Strife wrote:<A lot of blabla, cry cry and moan moan.>
Lol, told you this would work Myle.

*edit*
I can't quit laughing to this, so perfect, we certainly got what we wanted out of it. :D

*edit2*
Hahahahahahaha
DM eaze
Lloyd_Strife
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Lloyd_Strife »

Ya know what i was nice and respectful but you just have to be a complete jerk to me don't ya? its nto enough that i get harnessed pushed and abused by dms cus i wont kiss their feet on other servers god no. you have to prove me right to your behavior just as i have 5 people speak up for the dms here!

Bravo you are indeed a credit to your craft.
Because the sun has not yet risen on the day when Lloyd of the Sa'badia, will face death graciously. I will kick and claw and bite and scratch and spit my last breath in its face.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Reminds me of a really old ad on t.v. that said "Reading is Fundamental". I guess around here though, it would be "Reading is Fun-Duh-Mental". :roll:
Lloyd_Strife
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Lloyd_Strife »

You going to taunt and mock me too? just cus you dms have dm powers doesnt mean your better then me or that you can treat me like trash.