DOMINATION

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM-Avalon
Commoner
Commoner

DOMINATION

Post by DM-Avalon »

Why was I bombarded by complaints from players on Sunday regarding a certain shifter and his domination of Umgah?

Because the player thought it would be fun to bring them into the Keep and let them loose on the other players on the server.

Not funny .. not clever .. not nice

Players .. if someone behaves like this please get screenshots and send them to a DM
Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Re: DOMINATION

Post by Andrun »

This player's antics resulted in at least one confirmed death when an Umgah was turned loose in Vogon's. There were several others that were brought into town, including several Umgah Mages. These were summarily dealt with by the player base, and the remainder of these player's evenings were ruined by having to stand guard in and out of town, protecting against the immaturity of another player.
DM_Avalon wrote:Players .. if someone behaves like this please get screenshots and send them to a DM
The only reason why screenshots were not taken last night is because the player in question had stealth, and all but one of those in town lacked the Spot to break it. This one player thought they had a screenshot, but apparently misclicked, much to our chagrin.

To the individual in question:
*sarcasm* I am sure that many of the players, several of which I believe were truely new players to the server, really appreciated the Umgah running rampant killing them unceremoniously. */sarcasm* If you were so bored that you felt the malicious desire to bring these monsters to town, next time I think you should do us all the favor and log off. Blackstone would be better for it, and so will you.
DM-Avalon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by DM-Avalon »

Hopefully the player in question now understands the rules regarding the Keep.

I urge all players to get screenshots of any problems so we DM's can deal with them appropriately.

If we do not have evidence it is one players word against anothers and this can make things difficult
Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.
Milk_Chocolate
Duke
Duke

Post by Milk_Chocolate »

Yes, the DMs have spoken time and time again about having screenshots to help punish someone who is breaking rules. Otherwise the DM team basically have their hands tied and cant do much for a complaint with no proof. You know what they say... believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Hopefully this mischeivous player has learned his lesson, and next time hopefully one of the victims can catch a decent screenshot to bring him/her to justice.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I checked my PM's and my e-mails.

No documentation from players regarding this incident.

The DM team does want to help with this, but compaints that lack documentation are little more than hearsay.

Help us, help you. Learn to take screenshots.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

If I catch them doing this I will be sure to screenshot, and then kill them for being stupid :twisted:
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Oh come on.........it's kinda funny......

*notices people breaking out their nooses*

Ahem, I mean...DAMN THEM!!!!
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Noose? no no not for you Thanny! I say burn the dwarf at the stake and bring the marshmallows and Ale! *evil laughter*
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Hordack wrote:

Noose? no no not for you Thanny! I say burn the dwarf at the stake and bring the marshmallows and Ale! *evil laughter*
:ninja:

Hey, all I'm saying is that it's kinda funny. It's not like we see that sort of thing happen on a regular basis. You gotta sit back and laugh at stuff like that. Granted it probably wrecked someone's RP, but you can always pick up where you left off.

I mean, have you seen the WOW videos of the characters luring the massive, psycho-tough, hell-spawned fiends into the middle of cities? That's funny. I don't care who you are.

I mean, I'm probably not gonna turn down the opportunity to kill those responsible for the "raid"...just sayin it's funny :)
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

well i was afk for most of it but i didn't come close to dieing standing there and for screen shots guys easy way to do it

download X-Fire push scroll lock S in game and it takes a picture posts it on your profile copy save image to your computer you got the screen shot with out all the sometimes complicating digging to get the print screen version yes i thought it was dm at first i laughed was umgah mage that i missed was afk for that couple of melee ones really not that hard drain mage of his spells let him run round keep for while like a harmless doggy awwee :oops: lol
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Arwaine_Sunstar
Knight
Knight

Post by Arwaine_Sunstar »

alright after reading everyones posts about this i need to put in my opinion and that is that the person that did this *looks to a post between the hours of 3pm and 5pm on march 30, 2008* the person knows that what he did was uncalled for and should grow up and admit to what he or she did and get it over with instead of causing so much trouble for everyone here like they are doing i am not saying any names but i am disappointed that we have such a childish player on our server to do stupid crap like this Grow Up and act your age not your shoe size is something my dad use to tell us when we would do something wrong.
Arwaine_Sunstar
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

*Had to post really*

It's been done plenty of times before. I suggest you forget about it, and move on. Fair play to the guy/girl for dominating them and getting them to the keep...if ya can't handle a few Umgahs shame on you ;-0

I mean really..is it that big an issue?
klin brightaxe
Commoner
Commoner

Post by klin brightaxe »

* tosses two pennies down and sets down his soapbox to stand on*

As an old player returning to bsk after a long vacation. I have found the challenges of bsk to be quite entertaining. Now as an old noob nothing would make me madder than coming on as a 5th level mage and going into the pawn shop to buy or sell something and find a nice unfriendly umgua waiting for me. Now granted this did not happen to me but personally I wouldn’t want to face such a creature in an area that should be considered safe. Seriously would the guards just let one walk into town on its own ... I don’t think so. Granted this may have been done thousands of times through the years, but so has me heckballing (I know it’s not a heck ball, I just prefer not to curse) people for doing so. remember just because im 5th level now dose not mean once i am level 40 i am not going to go get revenge on whoever would do such a thing. Remember revenge is a dish best served cold.

*steps off the soapbox*
I've come to find, that the only truth in life is right here in this bottle. I'd rather have this bottle in front of me, than a frontal Lobotomy!"
How profound, Wizard!
EXISTENTIAL BLUES
Tom "T-Bone" Stankus
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

If your character is evil and you have a valid reason for luring monsters as part of some RP'd chaos.....

Then you need to arrange to do this when a DM is online

....OR....

Take a moment OOC to arrange something with one of the 'good-guys' to be on hand to deal with the critter if it gets out of control.

This kind of thing can be done in a fashion that does add fun and RP to the game play.... however....

Anyone I catch luring and dumping spawn without some sort of fairplay sportmanship will be tossed in the Perma-Jail for a time to be determined on how bad a mood I am in at the time.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

and from my witnessed accounts of dm intervention can be longggggggg time *Cough Vito Swift *Cough* :roll: :roll:

1 time =funny
2 times=annoyed
3 times=go hide under a rock
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex