Proposed XP Change

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

I have to agree with the above post. BSK is for all types of players, and is supposed to be fun for everyone.

What if your idea of fun is running around buffed up, killing things? What if you tend to solo (OMG I said someone might want to solo, not group up into a 20 member part), and you don't like being smacked around and getting killed due to lag or game crash?

I don't see any harm in someone running around buffed up. You almost HAVE TO buff if you want to level a character quickly. OMG, I said level quickly! It's like leveling quickly is frowned upon as well.

And one thing to note, you can't go kill trolls with a full progression fighter at lv10 unless you are buffed up like crazy. You also need to Taunt them to get their AC down. The only person who can hurt them is a wizard with acid sheath. It's not like they are easy to hit.

I like the party idea much better than the standard Bioware default we're using now. It's ridiculous that the person getting the killing blow gets less XP that the other person which is what happens now. I just don't think people who enjoy running around smashing things, enjoy getting the most XP they can legitamately per creature, and don't have 6+ hours a day to run around and kill low level creatures just to take thier time leveling should be made out to be bad people.

BSK has all types of people, and we all get along.........for the most part.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Azure
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Proposed XP Change

Post by Azure »

driller wrote:From time to time there are threads about XP and being in a party.

Here is what I propose.

1.The killer of the mob gets the full XP as if he were solo.
2.Party members within a certain radius of the mob get XP equal to half of what the killer received.
3.For the party member to get XP, he and the killer must be within 7 levels of one another or both over level 20 per server rules.

Comments?

-driller
Dear Driller,

Sorry to bring this back, but only recently returned to BSK again, so i am a little curious as to whether this is going to implemented sometime in the not to distant future or has been put on the back burner forever ?