Question about Pets and XP

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Darkzoulz
Commoner
Commoner

Question about Pets and XP

Post by Darkzoulz »

Good Day.

I have a lvl 6 ranger on this server and to my dismay when it got the killing blow on a moster I have helped it kill, I get no xp reward. Now is this a funtion of the server? If so, I highly doubt I will lvl it further in the ranger class.

Yours
Darkzoulz
Last edited by Darkzoulz on Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Re: Question about Pets and XP

Post by Axe Madness »

hm weird week ago i was lvling with Vor summon and i was getting full xp per my kill and xp for his kill :shock:

edit=or lest i think i was ehehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Axe Madness on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Darkzoulz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Darkzoulz »

Hmm, looking round at other posts I bellive this to be a bug and will post in that forum.
Morgan
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan »

Posted a reply to this under the bug section as well, but thought I'd add to it. The same happens to a Wiz with familiars and summons. It tends to be a teeth puller when something inherant to a class is turned from an asset to a liability. I know there are ways around it- Get your summons to disengage before the kill stroke, unsummon, etc., but it's rather more of a challenge. *shrugs* There's always a possibility of adapting, but the question is whether pet inherant classes should have to. Kinda like telling a melee that they won't get XP if making the killstroke with a 1d8+ dmg weapon. Just an opinion :)