Just a little How do ya Do from your old pal Mystic

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Just a little How do ya Do from your old pal Mystic

Post by DM_Mystic »

Yep, as some of you may have noticed, I'm back. Hopefully this won't be too lengthy a post, but I think it might be. I want to cover a bit of how I do business, and tell you a bit about how I play Eon.

For starters, Do I have favorite? Yep, sure do. There are a number of players who consistently RP to top honors. They intrigue and captivate me, and others who keep me in stitches. They also never ask me for rewards of any kind. Naturally, I tend to gravitate toward these people, and try to involve them in my events. This is not by any means an exclusive club, and I'm always going around seeking out players/chars of this type. That being said, here's how to earn your place in my-unfavorites: If you ask me for an event or quest, if you ask me for items, if you ask me for xp. Any of those things, or just being generally irksome, will first of all be denied, and secondly lead me to not want to deal with you. And guess what else? I don't have to.

Another big pet peave of mine is lowbie killing. Yeah, you might think it's fun having your big bad level 35 WM or whatever, camped out in the Hamlet, waiting to slay a lowbie. This is very contrary to what BSK is all about. The same people I mentioned above (favorites) usually clue me in about this, and I tend to believe them. If one of these "trustees" even tells me someone is doing this, it's almost as good as if I saw it myself. The heck with prison, or even banning. I've got worse things I can do. There are many great ways to have fun on BSK - this ain't one of them. Many Lowbies are also brand new to BSK, and even NWN. This is not the impression that we wish to put forth.

Okay enough of that rant. Let's talk about Eon:

I don't really care about what's generally known or believed about Eon (magic 8 ball, Myle?). I play her the way I see fit. Eon will sometimes appear male, other times female. Eon is somewhat detached, but not totally - sort of like a twelve year old with a tank full of hamsters (that would be you guys). He has fun watching them, feeds them, gives them water, eventually takes a few out of the tank to play with, but then gets distracted when Daddy brings home a new bike and ends up stepping on one when he comes back into his room. Analogy aside, I've been trying to get around to as many "followers" as I can find, and RP with them. As a result of this, Jadie earned a "Scepter of Eon", which doesn't actually do anything special, but it looks really kool, and it's a one of a kind item.

Eon doesn't care about alignments, just for her followers to be the best whatever they are that they can. For instance, if you are a follower and a Blackguard (which seems peculiar, but not totally out of the question), then Eon would want you to be like the Blackguard of all Blackguards.

I think that about sums it up. One last note: I'm a big advocate of creativity. Game mechanics, dice rolls, and stats are things that should enchance RP, not govern it. A level 1 char shouldn't be ignored just because you know they are a level 1. If played right, that char should have the potential to be just as fearsome as any 40. I encourage you to acknowledge and honor good RP. Now if someone is just being a dink, that's a different story. i.e. you just don't walk up to the leader of a prominent guild and start disrespecting them for no good reason without expecting dire consequences. Anyways, anyone who has questions about any of this, feel free to PM me or shoot me a tell in game. If I'm not caught up in some event, I never mind chatting about RP theory, or even the latest episode of Family Guy (what the duece?).

"Be excellent to eachother"

- Mystic
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: Just a little How do ya Do from your old pal Mystic

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Yeppers, Mystic always did a great job at capturing the essance of Eon and the post above pretty well gives insight into what to expect.

The only thing that Mystic did not touch on is Eon's tendency to stir up trouble and then pick sides in conflicts between Vor and Kazra... only to switch sides later on without any particular reason other than 'it seemed like a good idea.' And for some reason, both Vor and Kazra have fought over her support and favor... even when she was not in the least interested in what was going on between her younger twin brothers.

Thought, Mystic tends to not care for the level of drama that players hype those 'Vor=followers versus Kazra=followers' scenerios cause... so I would not suggest that anyone plan on Mystic's avatar for Eon to be involved with the brother conflict too much - but who knows?? I don''t dare to speak with authority on Mystic's plans - since Mystic tends to take Eon's RP into directions that are difficult to predict.... which is pretty much just like Eon. lol :lol:

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Yeah, Myle you hit the nail on the head on many levels - and thanks for the props. The thing is - just like when most of us are playing our chars,and the char seems to take on a persona of its own, that's how it is when I play Eon. He/She just kinda takes over, while I'm sitting here looking at the screen saying "did that really just happen?" So...I guess the bottom line is that I never know quite what to expect out of Eon (or my chars too for that matter) I play Eon within my own general guidance, but ... :?: :?: :?:
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Mystic-

Man am I glad to see you BACK!!! Was always pure fun RPing with you in the mix.... and mix it up, you do!

Sugroth
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Nizzle
Count
Count

Post by Nizzle »

I miss Mystic. :(

But then again, I miss playing NWN as well.

What a cruel fate you all have condemned me to!
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
It may be he shall take my hand
Lead me into his dark land
Close my eyes and quench my breath
I have a rendezvous with Death
I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous
Eldora Blackwood
Knight
Knight

Post by Eldora Blackwood »

It's good to see DM's Myle, Mystic and Nexus again ... also our newest DM .. Eaze

Good job guys
Lady Arial Sovereign of Starkson
Shanya
Shala
Odetta
Rula Hammerfist