Recent Events

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Re: Recent Events

Post by Nathan Scorne »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Communication, Fair Play, and Consideration are all things that will improve the relationships between players and allow for RP to take place in a way that is mutually fun and sought after.
Myle
Thank you, could not have said it better myself.
Hordack wrote:I just wanted to clear some stuff for those like flaming me here.

Banned by DM's >>> 0 times

Placed in Jail by DM's >>> 0 times

A proven track record sence 2004.

And to those who think its "Good RP" for a 40 level character to force lowbies to pay a road tax in the Hamlet. Well I say it is not, because this is why we lose so many new player's to this server in last few weeks.

For those who wish to continue to play highwayman in the Hamlet, Why dont you get some "fortude" and try this in the underdark with us 40 lvls. I think it would make for better RP to stake out the Umgah Portal for a road tax.
I'm only stating facts not trying to have anyone banned Hordack, I RPed the best course of action for my friends and new guildmember (Squires).

The highway robberies are acceptable RP in my opinion; It's only 20 gp and if the new players are that hard up on gp the robbers can just OOC forgo the gp because we all know they have no need for it anyway. As far as having it anywhere else, well the Runegates are not trade routes nor are they travelled as frequently as the Hamlet is. Just RP it and try avoiding the combat as I have in the past with my knights. If the robbers notice that these are new members to the server, just tell them about Vogon paying 29 per pelt and to RP the handing over of gp. Also, the robbers should only do this once per reset, after being killed once they should leave the Hamlet until the following reset.

I admit that BSK is not for everyone and we are probably better off finding a new server to join or returning to our previous one. I am currently considering the establishing of a guild in NWN2, I know many of you don't have the game which is why I have been holding off. But I have been scouting out the few servers on NWN2 that may be suitable to our Orders structure.

It is only the DMs that dictate the permitted RP in their server. The freedom we are granted here as far as character builds permitted and the freedom so many of you take advantage of is the best things this server has to offer. At least that is what I tell everyone I lure here :twisted: and the horses.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

ROFL... not for lack of trying to get yourself banned. You've danced that fine line more than many. You also have a habit of disappearing long enough to let the smoke clear before returning... Your saving grace is that you manage to be fun even when being annoying.

So, don't toot your horn too loudly.

Myle

=D>
dreadlord69
Knight
Knight

Post by dreadlord69 »

*grabs himself* Gahoonas..

and yeah who ever tolled in hamlet im gonna have to kill cause it was strictly marked a few years ago as D man territory =p
-Aussie Made-
-cold killer-
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

dreadlord69 wrote:*grabs himself* Gahoonas..
Aaaaah, thanks for that :D
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Thanatos wrote:

Your thanking him?

*worried*

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

Your thanking him?

*worried*

Myle
Damn...I didn't think that one through very well before I posted. Ahem...to clarify I was thanking him for the definition, not for grabbing himself.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Sorry for my slow response but unlike some people around here. I reguard spending time RPing and playing on the server more important then posting "Flames of Hordack"

Warning surely this post will be locked after I say my opinon but we know a cerntain DM is(not to name names)

Why don't you try getting to know me before you say thing's like "all Hordack does is Pick pocket people everyday" or "Hordack is nothing but a trouble maker and PK's people"

But we know how it is, your all just to jealious of me "Sexy Body" and the fact I can get the ladies. 8)

I wonder if some you spent more time on the server then posting Flame's of Hordack on the forum's. You would in fact see that I spend hours on end RPing with people on the server. DM Eaze knows what I do everyday he is on and watching me. (REMOVED PART //eaze) Myle why don't you even ask you friend Jaz how many times at night she spent RPing with Hordack. If I recount Hordack spent many hours at night RPing with discussing Starkson, Hunter's and other guilds and the happenings of the keep.

But yet some of you who haven't spent a min to getting to know me or not even a hour of RP time with my character; can sit here and judge me. Well you do have the right to have a opinon, shame that some are so narrow minded to see past it and really see the truth of Hordack. Or maybe you are affraid to really acknowledge the truth.

But like I have said ... you have right to your opinon and I have right to my opinon.

But I find it so sad that that nobody can handle RPing with a Chaotic Evil Rogue and Master Thief, who soul purpose in life was to destory Starkson, cause trouble for the Hunter's, and just have fun doing it.

I will point out one of my top goals has been done **points to the empty Starkson Castle** Maybe Orthel should have listened to Lady Wine ... cause Hordack's soul purpose was to destroy Starkson and everything it stands for ... what good little Kazrite he is ... :twisted: *looks for the torches and marshmallows* BBQ anyone?? time to get rid of the old and bring in the new.

But to end this with a better note ... I am sorry for all those who went occly on me cause they can't handle a annoying little thief and couldn't keep it in RP *holds head low* I am so sorry for you.

*jumps off the soap box and waves* Have nice day you Forum Jockies., I have better things to do like RP on Blackstone Keep.

*hugs Raven* got love them Hunter's so cuddly and cute :twisted: :evil:

BYE ALL !
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
icequeen
Baron
Baron
Location: having a wanderlust weekend this week cmon have a look its FREE

Post by icequeen »

Hordack wrote:Sorry for my slow response but unlike some people around here. I reguard spending time RPing and playing on the server more important then posting "Flames of Hordack"

Warning surely this post will be locked after I say my opinon but we know a cerntain DM is(not to name names)

Why don't you try getting to know me before you say thing's like "all Hordack does is Pick pocket people everyday" or "Hordack is nothing but a trouble maker and PK's people"

But we know how it is, your all just to jealious of me "Sexy Body" and the fact I can get the ladies. 8)

I wonder if some you spent more time on the server then posting Flame's of Hordack on the forum's. You would in fact see that I spend hours on end RPing with people on the server. DM Eaze knows what I do everyday he is on and watching me. (REMOVED PART //eaze) Myle why don't you even ask you friend Jaz how many times at night she spent RPing with Hordack. If I recount Hordack spent many hours at night RPing with discussing Starkson, Hunter's and other guilds and the happenings of the keep.

But yet some of you who haven't spent a min to getting to know me or not even a hour of RP time with my character; can sit here and judge me. Well you do have the right to have a opinon, shame that some are so narrow minded to see past it and really see the truth of Hordack. Or maybe you are affraid to really acknowledge the truth.

But like I have said ... you have right to your opinon and I have right to my opinon.

But I find it so sad that that nobody can handle RPing with a Chaotic Evil Rogue and Master Thief, who soul purpose in life was to destory Starkson, cause trouble for the Hunter's, and just have fun doing it.

I will point out one of my top goals has been done **points to the empty Starkson Castle** Maybe Orthel should have listened to Lady Wine ... cause Hordack's soul purpose was to destroy Starkson and everything it stands for ... what good little Kazrite he is ... :twisted: *looks for the torches and marshmallows* BBQ anyone?? time to get rid of the old and bring in the new.

But to end this with a better note ... I am sorry for all those who went occly on me cause they can't handle a annoying little thief and couldn't keep it in RP *holds head low* I am so sorry for you.

*jumps off the soap box and waves* Have nice day you Forum Jockies., I have better things to do like RP on Blackstone Keep.

BYE ALL !

ROFL Hordack ya stil the same i see woot nice to see :)

Yes ya can be a pain sometime :)

but i do remeber i killed ya a few times when ya hands went in my bags and pockets grins which was fun on both sides and i also remeber ya giving me my things back also :):)

I also had fun RPing with ya Hordack we RPed for hours on end :)
All i can say is ya one fab RPer hun :))

all my luv and keep up the good work :winks:
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Hordack, you will note that I have never questioned your ability to RP. My reference was to point out that just because you have not been banned, that does not mean your an ideal example.

Truth be told, your a fairly good RP'r when you think things are going your way. The problem comes when your not getting your way. You internalize your characters successes and failures and then allow your OOC frustration to contaminate your IC behaviors. This pattern has repeated over and over again with you and preceeds my previous mention of your periodic dissappearances that take place = often saving you from being banned.

I would like to see/believe that you can overcome that cycle and hold true to the quaility of RP that I have seen from you many times, but that is something that only time will prove out. When the day comes that I can note with confidence that you have overcome that kind of bipolar playing habit I will count that as a blessing and benifit to the server. Until that day comes, I fully expect that you will participate in all manner of fun and interesting RP while I retain hope that the cycle does not begin anew.

And in Hordack's defence - Those of you who are reading stuff on the forums and then acting on it OOC in game with your characters while IC are metagaming and before you throw stones at him for reported past actions - focus on yourselves and not metagaming a history that neither you nor your character were around for. If your character is aware of his IC history - deal with it within the character to character relationship. Unless you have a valid complaint about him as a player, stop whinning about your suspicions. Whatever his prior history, this player -while not saint- currently has a clean record. Go get your own houses in order before you lay seige to Hordacks.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
And in Hordack's defence - Those of you who are reading stuff on the forums and then acting on it OOC in game with your characters while IC are metagaming and before you throw stones at him for reported past actions - focus on yourselves and not metagaming a history that neither you nor your character were around for. If your character is aware of his IC history - deal with it within the character to character relationship. Unless you have a valid complaint about him as a player, stop whinning about your suspicions. Whatever his prior history, this player -while not saint- currently has a clean record. Go get your own houses in order before you lay seige to Hordacks.

Myle

*Claps* =D>
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Hordack wrote:Sorry for my slow response but unlike some people around here. I reguard spending time RPing and playing on the server more important then posting "Flames of Hordack"

BYE ALL !
1. I recall you following me to Marvale by ship just to check out my armor Hordack. You know I'm the hottest RPer in there, I even make an orphan look good!
I even have paladins all over me. :twisted:

2. I would normally spend hours RPing unti those 2 minutes RPing with you put my life at risk, my guilds lives at risk and 1 million gold in debt.
Thanks for the RP Hordack. :evil:

3. "get rid of the old and bring in the new." :P This is what I've been saying all along with my Suggestion on the Vault wipe. Glad we agree on something. :P
Hordack wrote:time to get rid of the old and bring in the new.
You are not so bad after all. :P

Nathan Scorne

P.S. I am no longer suggesting a vault wipe so if it happens it's no longer my idea.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

how many times are you going to keep making claims that are completely off base and blatently untrue?
i am starting to feel like i ought to just have a macro made to automatically respond to such foolishness.

the claim that you have had any negative effect on Starkson is complete bollocks - unless you want to count the disappointment when you proved (as anticipated) unable to adhear to our values based on friendship, loyalty and trust. the only real harm done to Starkson came from the server going down a few times and the chaos that caused in the player base. you had no part in the fact that Starkson is an RP focused guild and because of that we attract RP focused players... and those RP focused players sought new servers to call home when BSK went down.

in fact, the most significant player oriented 'issues' -as it were- would have revolved around the Freefolk debacle or the fact that Vito was simply SO annoying that several players left the server just to get away from him.

yeah, okay, your a skilled rogue, pickpocket and extortionist - and even good at RP'ing those qualities. yes, the server could use a rogue guild played with 'a code'. sure, you have the ability to do so.... so do it and hush. your not supposed to take out advertisments about your rogue group and even though they are OOC - it is bad form because it just tempts people who already are OOC/IC-challenged with their RP as it is.

just.... hush.... shhhh.... shhhhh....
and check your ego at the door and go quietly do your rogue thing like a good (erm bad... whatever) rogue is supposed to do.

Pharo
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Heh. The only reason this is a "Flame Ducky the Dark" thread is because he creates so much attention for himself. I recall the consistent, logical, interesting, original, and flowing roleplay and background story revolving around everyone's favorite thug. Wait~ What? Why did everyone get up and leave the room? Did you remember too?!</sarcasm>

It's actually rather self-centered to think 80% of a server has been driven away because of a single person. The red-heads are united in this.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Gibbo wrote:Heh. The only reason this is a "Flame Ducky the Dark" thread is because he creates so much attention for himself. I recall the consistent, logical, interesting, original, and flowing roleplay and background story revolving around everyone's favorite thug. Wait~ What? Why did everyone get up and leave the room? Did you remember too?!</sarcasm>

It's actually rather self-centered to think 80% of a server has been driven away because of a single person. The red-heads are united in this.
lol... did you just agree with me again?

hehe
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

DAMNIT!
ZOMFGOMBIES!