Disspelling the rumor

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Disspelling the rumor

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

There seems to be a rumor that no DM's are around or willing to do anything on BSK.

That is not entirely true, but most trouble makers behave when they suspect a DM is around. This is why we, as DM's, depend on players reporting problems to us. Screenshots help us notice a trend with troublesome players. If you do not send us Screenshots, we can not notice a trend to act on.

Then there is direct contact.

Tonight, I was contacted over X-fire about a player causing trouble. I logged in, took notice and indeed, there was a problem. After several attempts were made to get the player to cease and dissist(sp) - it was clear that he needed to go - so I banned that player.

I am often on X-Fire. My nic there is: mylelot

If I am not tied up with something, I do not mind logging in and helping with this kind of thing.

So even when I am not in game, I am not all that far away.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Eldora Blackwood
Knight
Knight

Re: Disspelling the rumor

Post by Eldora Blackwood »

Thankyou for doing what you did ... I know many of the players appreciate it
It's a shame such idiots feel the need to disrupt RP and ruin the fun for others ...
Lady Arial Sovereign of Starkson
Shanya
Shala
Odetta
Rula Hammerfist
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

*applause*

ttfn
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Andrun
Baron
Baron

Post by Andrun »

Myle,

Your intervention on Blackstone last night was indeed a blessing. The harassment and foul behavior as of late has become a bit of an issue for many of us, and I for one am glad to see that there's one less on the server that will be bothering the players. Hopefully many of the other disruptive players will take this to heart and change their ways.

Thanks again...

- Andrun
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

who was the person got banned¿ or is that ''classified'' :shock:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
vito swift
Commoner
Commoner

Post by vito swift »

Axe Madness wrote:who was the person got banned¿ or is that ''classified'' :shock:
some dude made a account XdragongayX (when my friend is XDragonDoomX) and made a character totally killing his name n such and was bein a douchie bag on da server :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

~Vayne
Tiberius
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tiberius »

Apparently your friend DragonDoom made a name called Mal-Grey, kingdom under the mountian or something like that and vayne said it was made to show how retarded Ral-Grey is, wouldnt that be the same thing as what the other guy did? I mean besides the harassment that he was giving us, making names like that to make fun of another guild should not be right.
Characters:

Tiberius, High Advisor of Ral-Grey
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Tiberius wrote:Apparently your friend DragonDoom made a name called Mal-Grey, kingdom under the mountian or something like that and vayne said it was made to show how retarded Ral-Grey is, wouldnt that be the same thing as what the other guy did? I mean besides the harassment that he was giving us, making names like that to make fun of another guild should not be right.
Well Myle had Dragon Doom delete the character. So it has been handled.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Tiberius wrote:Apparently your friend DragonDoom made a name called Mal-Grey, kingdom under the mountian or something like that and vayne said it was made to show how retarded Ral-Grey is, wouldnt that be the same thing as what the other guy did? I mean besides the harassment that he was giving us, making names like that to make fun of another guild should not be right.
Let me clear a few things up and since it seems a few of you new folks don't know me - and give a casual introduction.

Yes XdragondoomX made a Mal-Grey (insert silly long blah blah blah here) name, but he was not running around being a jerk. He was actually RP'ing a character peacefully and without disruption.

I came on to deal with the troublemaker.

Even so, I noticed the fellow with Mal-Grey and I addressed his chosen name with him. He submitted peacefully and logged off a few moments after I spoke with him. There is a different between misguidedly chosing a name in protest and chosing a name to be offensive - then being offensive and disruptive.

The guy who got banned, was banned because his behavior was purposeful, defiant and escalating.... in no way approaching entertaining and in no way 'general harmless silliness.'

Nudity, casual cursing, and other silliness.... even being disruptive - but moderating onesself when it is clear that one has over stepped.... these are all things that can be dealt with by tossing the player in jail because MOST players want to play here and putting them in jail will help correct the behavior. Bans for this kind of behavior are issued for showing a trend of being a problem. (Notice: Trend.... hence why DM's need screenies to review and notice said trends.)

But when a player says:
- that they will do what they want
- that DM's can't/won't do anything
- that nobody ever gets banned
- that they are above getting banned
- that they don't care because they don't really like BSK
- that they don't play BSK and that they are only here from stormnexus to teach people a lesson for making fun of Ral-Grey
- a slew of foul words and insults

Well, that tells me:
- that this is a player who will continue to escalate
- that this is a player who does not respect fellow players or DM's
- that this is a player who will encourage others to escalate
- that we do not want other problem players from stormnexus to think that coming to BSK is a good idea
(Note: I do not know anything about stormnexus, except that I think this is the 3rd or 4th player I have banned that came from the server to BSK and stirred up trouble during my time as a DM on BSK. The server might be a fine place - but we seem to attract it's riff-raff.)
- that this player is ONLY here to cause trouble
- that the only way to handle a player with such views is to remove the player from the server.

Now.... if this player was just talking out the side of his head and spouting off like a child....
That would be unfortunate, but...
Let me point out that such extreme OOC actions can have extreme OOC/IC consquences....

Such as the effective 'permanant death' of all characters due to server access denial via the ban-wand.

Usually a ban on BSK wil last:
- until reset
- 24 hours
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- 1 or more months
- or the ban will be permanent

It was my recomendation that this particular persons ban remain permanent. The Admin has final say on the length of a ban and historically tends to favor 1, 2, or 4 week bans. This is part of our standard checks and balances here on BSK.

I do not hesitate to admit that I am probibly the most heavyhanded DM on the server and likely to respond harsher than the other DM's. I play the bad cop- that my job- I am good at it. I am not perfect, but I have yet to have a valid compliant stating that I was unfair. I will happily give people all the rope they need to hang themselves.... Nobody has any reason to fear my pulling the lever if they have not set themselves up for a nasty fall.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Tiberius
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tiberius »

Well I heard from different people that dms never ban anyone on this server hardly and that was because none of them came on. But then I heard about something that I probably should say and tell you in a message instead...unfortunately the people who thought u guys never came on were wrong. But no doubt it is hard to contact you guys for me it seems. I send msgs but never get them back. I feel as if I achieved a great accomplishment even catching your guys attention now. Then I also heard from someone saying u guys dont come on cuz u think ur too good for us. So it's sorta going around the server, although after what I heard I just dont say anything anymore. Besides talking bad about a dm isn't very smart anyways.
Characters:

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Tiberius wrote:Well I heard from different people that dms never ban anyone on this server hardly and that was because none of them came on. But then I heard about something that I probably should say and tell you in a message instead...unfortunately the people who thought u guys never came on were wrong. But no doubt it is hard to contact you guys for me it seems. I send msgs but never get them back. I feel as if I achieved a great accomplishment even catching your guys attention now. Then I also heard from someone saying u guys dont come on cuz u think ur too good for us. So it's sorta going around the server, although after what I heard I just dont say anything anymore. Besides talking bad about a dm isn't very smart anyways.

Have you ever sent me a message

*checks his PM's and e-mail*

hmmm...

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Tiberius
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tiberius »

Noo, I just tried a few different dms...I suppose I am being a bit ignorant right now, I should of messaged you.
Characters:

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Most of the DMS have RL and families, jobs etc. Yes I know they are being selfish dealing with RL first then game life. But it does happen they have things other than BSK to do... shocking is it not.
The world is a strange place.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

thing i like about BSK is that dms don't have to be on all time think of it like when your parents go out do you blow up your house cuz yours parents are gone :shock: ? or go bout your day as you would normally i see em like parents you can do well with out them there still nice see em every once in while say hi. .n stuff have them fill up the fridge with snackies n stuff and course when older brother hits you in face you can go HE HIT ME!!! AHHH *cry* and then dm gets to go [-X lol. . :mrgreen:
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Axe Madness wrote:thing i like about BSK is that dms don't have to be on all time think of it like when your parents go out do you blow up your house cuz yours parents are gone :shock: ? or go bout your day as you would normally i see em like parents you can do well with out them there still nice see em every once in while say hi. .n stuff have them fill up the fridge with snackies n stuff and course when older brother hits you in face you can go HE HIT ME!!! AHHH *cry* and then dm gets to go [-X lol. . :mrgreen:
Nice way of putting it lol.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya