Q&A on The Order of Shadowstalker's

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Hordack
Duke
Duke

Q&A on The Order of Shadowstalker's

Post by Hordack »

Q&A about "THe Order of Shadowstalker's"

#1 We are a home grown Rogue/ Assassin's Guild and one of the oldest in the Keep

#2 We do all recruiting in RP and RP only, Tells sent to me on how to become a member will not be answered.

#3 Requirements are you must have the Shadow Dancer class to be a member. Hide and Move Silently skills must be in +80's. So good Gear is a must and we do help our member's get this gear. Preferred Classes are Rogue, Assassin, and Bard and is suggested players have one of these classes to reach the needed Hide and MS skills to be a member.

#4 All recruits are tested on skills and RP ability before becoming full memeber.

#5 Only PvP we conduct is Pick Pocketing and Assassnation's of Character's and all done in RP for the benefit of the Guild.

#6 Assassnation contract's are done strictly by the rules a screenie of the contract is taken to protect the guild and his member's. WE WILL NOT do occ killings of players because of a occly grudge, and if a player hires us to do a occly killing of another player, we will hand over all screenies to the DM's.

#7 Pick Pocketing is done with in server rule's as posted in the forum's. Member's are killed in the atemp of the crime we require them to return the item stolen. If the member escape's then item will not be returned unless its a crafted item made in the forge.

#8 WARNING We do not involve ourselves in open combat with other guilds. Our methods we use against other guilds are in idea's of what a Rogue is ... assassnation, ambush and the praying on weaker member's of a guild is what we do. Open combat and warfare are for Knights(meatshield's). So to insult us for not fighting on the field of battle as a knight. Well it's just how Rogue's and Assassin's do thing's so deal with it.

#9 The Rogue === A rogue is a person who pray's on those for his personal gain to feed his own evil needs to benefit himself and his follow brother's and sister's of his/her order. We care not that you call us thieve's, assassin's or murder's, or men/women who fight without honor. For we have no honor other for our own member's. We care not of you cause to us your nothing but a walking coin bag.

"The Shadow's are something to be feared, but are also sometimes used by powerful people to instill fear into one's enemies."

"It is not the King who has power, but the Rogue with the dagger at his back speaking from the shadow's who has the true power."
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Re: Q&A on The Order of Shadowstalker's

Post by Nathan Scorne »

1. How do we lock players up for years when they are caught pickpocketing so that they don't pickpocket other players in the server ever again? (As in throw away the key)
[-X We all know the worst thing that can happen to a player is losing his items that he has worked so hard to obtain and collect. [-X

2. How do we kill an assassin who is caught so that he never threatens another peasant, king or heroe again? (As in delete the assassin character)

Civilized society would not exist if we could all respawn and if there is no answer to these,.... Then I wish to apply to the Shadowstalkers.
:evil: If you know you can't beat them, Then you must join them. :evil:

Evil tyrant knights collect taxes for wealth, Not here.
Good arcane orders craft magic items and sell, Good luck with that.
Fighter/ Mercenaries work for goverments for gold, Not here.
Cleric priesthoods collect tithes for their monestaries, Not here.

Thieves steal from all they can for their wealth. Oh yeah, that we have..... That's all we have. #-o What AM I doing in all this armor!?
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Nathan Scorne wrote:1. How do we lock players up for years when they are caught pickpocketing so that they don't pickpocket other players in the server ever again? (As in throw away the key)
[-X We all know the worst thing that can happen to a player is losing his items that he has worked so hard to obtain and collect. [-X

2. How do we kill an assassin who is caught so that he never threatens another peasant, king or heroe again? (As in delete the assassin character)

Civilized society would not exist if we could all respawn and if there is no answer to these,.... Then I wish to apply to the Shadowstalkers.

Thieves steal from all they can for their wealth. Oh yeah, that we have..... That's all we have. #-o What AM I doing in all this armor!?
Send in your application, because
1 I don't see anyone being put in jail and left there unless a DM puts them there for breaking rules.
2 Perma kill is not allowed unless it is consented to by the other party.

Oh and about the whole peasant thing...... I hope you are talking about NPC's because you never know who might be insulted for getting called a peasant in game.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Nathan Scorne wrote:1. How do we lock players up for years when they are caught pickpocketing so that they don't pickpocket other players in the server ever again? (As in throw away the key)

well you only have as if your catching the said assassin char but odds are it would backfire and you'd be dead then you'd be perma death why perma death isn't here [-X thats just in pvp now if was perma death even while training be no one at 40 expect maybe mages and sneakers that don't train at umgahs :roll: :shock: and the part bout putting said assassin in jail well i know certain coven has a jail so would you want your knights perma stuck in there probably not 8)which why! you should stick to the exile idea one you n tib did while back was more acceptable in my point of view >.> =D>
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

That is why in world of Role Play we have good Role Player's and piss poor Role Player's ... That is why I accept the fact that If I am caught stealing from another man's bag's, I will be killed ( maybe :shock: ) and not raised by my victim. But normaly the case is I have yet to be caught pick pocketing in almost over 2 year's by those who hunt in the underdark.

But let's look at the fact this is a game and we are all here to have fun and "Role Play".

Hordy
Hordack The Dark
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

If someone is abusive, send in reports to the DM's.

That is how players are supposed to resolve issues that they are unable or unwilling to resolve in game.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

Part 2, sub-section A

Order of Battle reguarding Guild wars against "The Order of Shadowstalker's"

"The Order" will not fight in idea's of what people think how Battles should be fought. Knight's(Meatshields's) square off on the field of battle and kill each other off like pieces of meat in a butcher shop, hence the nickname I give all Knight's ... ei >> "Meatshield's".

"The Order" if war is declared on us, well take the following action's.
1) Like any good sneakers, our known member's seem to disappear from sight.
2) Combat will take place at time we choose and a place we feel like.
3) When a guild declares war on us they open their entire guild and member's for ambush and assassnation attack's. That means every guild member in your guild reguardless of level will be hunted down and killed, period end of story. (that means from 1st lvl to 40th lvl just became open season).

Our "Order of Battle" is smiple and to the point. We will single out and pick a target. The target will be stalked by one or more member's. Then if the time is right, 2-4 member's will have a hand in attacking the singled out target and killed quickly. You may think this is down right dirty and cheap and lacks honor of a warrior. Well very good point to bring up. We are in fact Rogue's, Assassin's and Thieve's, we use the skills and tactic's we have at hand. It be stupid for a group of Rogues to go head on with a group of Meatshield's and Mage's would it not? Why would we use tactic's of Knight's? When in fact we are not Knight's?
Yes it is dirty, cheap, cowardly way of fighting from a Knight's stand point, but like I have said I am no knight and I have no honor and I will fight as I please within the guidelines of the server rules.

I do suggest for those who have no idea's on what a Thief or Rogue is, try some lite reading on 13th and 14th century Thieve's Guild's.

PS >> As a small suggestion and a few have learned from this the hard way. There is no rules against killing AFK player's in pvp area's. If you plan to go AFK ... Goto the Temple or a non-pvp area.
Hordack The Dark
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Hordack wrote:PS >> As a small suggestion and a few have learned from this the hard way. There is no rules against killing AFK player's in pvp area's. If you plan to go AFK ... Goto the Temple or a non-pvp area.
If someone goes AFK in the BSK Arena or in Blackrose... they deserve to be killed as a matter of Darwinian Law.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Hordack wrote:Part 2, sub-section A ....
I know my guild history, I'm not what you would consider a "Noob".

I can tell you the Origins of Assassins from the middle east, Ninja's from Japan and so on.

I can also tell you about thieves. :evil: As a matter of fact, I can school you in thievery roleplay but then this server would be worse than it is now.

So if you know so much you would also know that once identified, a thief would have to leave his town because EVERYONE would be looking for him for the reward. Even his honorless guild but that is an exploit here because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The fact that true seeing is modified here makes it an even more horrific exploit of the NWN game balance. I've played on many servers but this is prime hunting grounds for pickpockets and assassins. :twisted: So guess what. [-X

And about that peasant thing for heavens sakes, Of course I am always refering to NPCs. How many cows do you own or fields do you plow?
Please don't answer that. :twisted:
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

So if you know so much you would also know that once identified, a thief would have to leave his town because EVERYONE would be looking for him for the reward. Even his honorless guild but that is an exploit here because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I can answer this one very easily. Because I pay better bribe's to the Local Blackstone authorities. Not uncommon for Thieve's Guilds to control whole town's and cities by using threats, terror and execution of local leader's.
Hordack The Dark
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Hordack wrote:
I can answer this one very easily. Because I pay better bribe's to the Local Blackstone authorities. Not uncommon for Thieve's Guilds to control whole town's and cities by using threats, terror and execution of local leader's.
You know I would love to see a DM collect those bribes for Blackstone's npcs now that would be interesting and make your claim of paying bribes legit.
The world is a strange place.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

You know I would love to see a DM collect those bribes for Blackstone's npcs now that would be interesting and make your claim of paying bribes legit.
Who said I needed to bribe the NPC's and have the DM's collect said bribe's. Maybe the bribe's are paid to guild's who claim control or authority over Blackstone and look the other way of my activities. Just to give few examples groups like Starkson or even the Hunter's, remeber these are just example's. Then again maybe a DM is collecting such bribes while playing Mayor of Blackstone.

Oh small piece of RP history Hordack was a Starkson and at one time and on the Starkson council. So who is collecting the bribe's :shock:

Then again maybe nobody has fortude to remove said known thief? But rather work with him to keep his hands out one's pocket's? One mite say another man's thief, but another man's tax collector? :shock:
Hordack The Dark
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Well my Order of Knights is leaving this Keep. Good luck folks. :cry:
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Hordack wrote:
Who said I needed to bribe the NPC's and have the DM's collect said bribe's. Maybe the bribe's are paid to guild's who claim control or authority over Blackstone and look the other way of my activities. Just to give few examples groups like Starkson or even the Hunter's, remeber these are just example's. Then again maybe a DM is collecting such bribes while playing Mayor of Blackstone.

Oh small piece of RP history Hordack was a Starkson and at one time and on the Starkson council. So who is collecting the bribe's :shock:

Then again maybe nobody has fortude to remove said known thief? But rather work with him to keep his hands out one's pocket's? One mite say another man's thief, but another man's tax collector? :shock:
I was just thinking it would be interesting for DMs to collect such bribes and keep you honest in spending the gold.

Yes I remember you with Starkson too bad it was at the time when BSK went down. I had a few good plans that never panned out on that one. You made a very good meat shield and distraction for the Hunters.
The world is a strange place.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

I was just thinking it would be interesting for DMs to collect such bribes and keep you honest in spending the gold.
Am sure the powers to be will be hearing from me soon and possibly recieving a big bribe to acquire some new land and a new home. The little gnomes are busy at work on a new design and the way some people are buying up my stock piles of stones ... Gold will not be a issue for future projects :shock:

Kinda wonder? Am I in it for the greed or the power ... or just both :twisted:
Hordack The Dark