How dare I?

This forum is for those interested in discussing NWN scripting.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Or perhaps even just an empty prefab module could be posted on the vault including only a test area and all his PW scripts as a starting point for others who may want to dream up their own settings.
The only constant is change.
Draco
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Draco »

It's good idea, but it's driller decision, not ours. And still lots of work with removing all things unnecessary or secret. Some of driller's scripts are already on the Vault. I remember I used his portal scroll system in my module, for example (well done, driller). I think that socketed gems scripts and old teleport scripts are there too. Such base system would be nice, but belive me, no base module on the Vault is perfect, so BSK base module wouldn't be perfect either. I mean it works great for BSK, but that doesn't mean it will work great for every setting. It is unique because it is BSK, not because of scripts. It's unique because of all it's elements. Actually I've never seen BSK erf, so I can't be sure, but I suppose that most of important scripts it uses can be found on the Vault already. If not exactly the ones, than very similar...
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Of course. Even if there isn't ever going to be a Driller-made BSK style PW Template, there are others out there to help with the learning process. Lately I've been studying a prefab module called "The Core v1.51" to further my limited knowledge in scripting.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=pr ... ail&id=513
The only constant is change.
KingAwsm
Knight
Knight

Post by KingAwsm »

Haha no BSK model for you... :lol:
KingAwsm is the king of all kings.
(thats me)

Siuol Jarna: Blackguard
Fren Kross: Druid
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Well.. Driller did suggest once when he was in a bad mood that when he gets sick of hosting BSK, he was seriously thinking about loading it to the Vault.

Whether that was just him being annoyed with people, tormenting the hopefull, or a genuine train of thought, I leave to him to define...

Either way, I do not foresee him releasing BSK to the general public for as long as he considers it his personal hobby.

But he has been known to surprise us before.

So basically... I just said nothing you can depend on. Aren't you glad you read this?

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Well, Myle's post was a waste of around 10s of my life, which could have been spent doing something productive.

Such as internet quizzes.

So far, i'm a rocker, Davey Havok's Devil Lock ( :? ) The Easter Bunny, and destined to have a beard. i love the internet.
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

driller wrote:I don't want Blackstone splintered.

-driller
Totally feel you.

But to excite you guys, my module is extremely, largely, superly inspired by BSK and all its awesomeness. I threw some Zelda and WoW elements in there as well.

Thanks driller.

And now the catch: The module is nowhere near finished. Lol. Or even ready for Beta. Haha. Maybe I'll slowly release versions, raising the level cap by 5 every month when all the base code is finished...
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery