Palladin/Palemaster Cross:

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

I wasn't singling you out, Hello. many have posted on this thread. Also, we should probably end any public religious discussions here. If you'd like to chat together in PM's, I'd be more than happy to :)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am sure you were trying to be cute with the donkey comment, but really you made yourself look like an Ass.

-driller
DM_Mystic wrote:Wow, you all are getting way too bent over this. Why does someone become a Pally/PM? Because they saw somone else slaying in the arena with it, and wanted to be able to do the same. I've seen some RP where the RP was "backed into" the char. In other words, something was kind of made up to support it, but that's really not an issue here. The way the rules are here, that same char might as well have sub-race of Vamp. Like Driller already stated, you have the freedom to create the chars as you see fit. If you don't see the viability of someone's build, then I suggest not RP'ing with them - plain and simple.

Oh, side note. Saul did not meet Jesus on the road to Damascus. He instead had a conversation with his donkey, which inspired him to change his way of life. :?
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Owned.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

You you vewwy vewwy funny... FYI, that is based on a preacher's interpretation of Acts 9. Seeing as how not only Saul, but all of his company heard a voice, but could not identify the souce, many presumed it was coming from the mule. Who's the ass now?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

That would be Ass. I think your so called "preacher" is confused with a story the Old Testament.

Read this and tell me if you think it was a donkey...
Acts 26

1Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself:

2I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:

3Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently.

4My manner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine own nation at Jerusalem, know all the Jews;

5Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.

6And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

9I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

12Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

13At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

14And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

15And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me...
Thanks,
-driller
DM_Mystic wrote:You you vewwy vewwy funny... FYI, that is based on a preacher's interpretation of Acts 9. Seeing as how not only Saul, but all of his company heard a voice, but could not identify the souce, many presumed it was coming from the mule. Who's the ass now?
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

.... I think I need a Brandy. On second thought, make that a large Brandy.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

I'm thinkin peoples may be confused with the Old Testament tale in Numbers.

Reference:
(No, I'm not going to Copy / Paste it all here, go look it up ya lazy bums! :P )

Begins - Numbers 21: 21

Thru - Numbers 24: 25

Mix that with what's above in Acts (as so many many preachers like to mix their scriptures), and you get...
-drum roll- ...Confusion of the masses! The most common Sunday morning brain-numbing past time.
(Not to be confused with Saturday morning brain-numbing cartoons. :P )

My 20 cents worth (inflation rates of course),

~Demitri
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Yeah Balaam :)

and good point Demitri, Ya gotta take the Bible directly as read, or you can definately get in a mess.
I could flip around in the Bible and say for example,
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
and then look around abit and find,
Luk 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

And, then Misquote the Bible as saying: " " And he went and hanged himself, Go and thou do likewise."

and you could really come up with a mess.

Anyways, just something to think about before you go and take the word of anyone or any preacher priest or supposed holyman.

You have to seek out your own path, instead of letting someone lead you into a dangerously 'hanging' situation :)
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Same deal applies: If Driller, or any of you, would like to discuss religion, we should do so privately. Driller, old friend, if you want to put this public, it's your world, but I'd reccommend against such.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

ValentianNizzle wrote:.... I think I need a Brandy. On second thought, make that a large Brandy.
I'll join you. I'm buying.
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Plz guys lets not turn this into a Biblical flame war..

I respect people with their beliefs and such but to start a holy war on the forum isnt such a good idea :shock:
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote:.... I think I need a Brandy. On second thought, make that a large Brandy.
I'll join you. I'm buying.
Good on you, old chap. To the pub we go.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You made a snarky comment, I used a play on the words that tied in with the subject to make a point. It was done in jest without malice.

Your reply made me think that you really meant what you said, so I posted the text so you could see for yourself.

-driller
DM_Mystic wrote:Same deal applies: If Driller, or any of you, would like to discuss religion, we should do so privately. Driller, old friend, if you want to put this public, it's your world, but I'd reccommend against such.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Whatever...you know how to reach me
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Ouch!

In the famous words of Ercal "Did I do that?"

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to cause a religious debate, I was simply trying to make a point using truth.

I will be careful as to the comments I make in the future as not to start another debate like this one.

My humble appoligies.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed yet, I can not spell...