Palladin/Palemaster Cross:

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song
Baron
Baron

Post by Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song »

I've seen worse clashing builds than the paly PM. Its a game. Do what I do. If they got poor rp.... just don't rp with them. But I do agree BSK lost its rp spunk. That was a long time ago. But in fairness I will say that there are still people that rp round here.
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song: First Knight of Blood

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Lost its spunk my left foot! Ain't no one gonna hold me back from RP'ing at the top of my game here. No butterface Blood knight, or newbie PM-pally PVPers, or otherwise!

Viva la rebirth de rp! *dons on a cool lookin' berret and puts a cornpipe in mouth*

If there are too many PM/Pallys... Make counter builds! Find new tactics to fight them! Don't fight them at all. Ask them why they have a boney stick coming out of their arm. Tell them that they should definitely take a -10 Charisma penalty for joining the World's Top 10 Fugliest since acquiring their awesome arm. Etcetera and so forth!

Friends who slay together, stay together! <3
ZOMFGOMBIES!
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Gibbo wrote:Lost its spunk my left foot! Ain't no one gonna hold me back from RP'ing at the top of my game here. No butterface Blood knight, or newbie PM-pally PVPers, or otherwise!

Viva la rebirth de rp! *dons on a cool lookin' berret and puts a cornpipe in mouth*

If there are too many PM/Pallys... Make counter builds! Find new tactics to fight them! Don't fight them at all. Ask them why they have a boney stick coming out of their arm. Tell them that they should definitely take a -10 Charisma penalty for joining the World's Top 10 Fugliest since acquiring their awesome arm. Etcetera and so forth!

Friends who slay together, stay together! <3
Werd dawg! Vive la revolution de Gibbs! =D>
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song
Baron
Baron

Post by Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song »

Buttah face... Buttah face!!!!??

Thats it Gibbs. Prepare to meet your damn doom.

No actually Gibbs I commend you on bringing reasonable rp back to this server. I really do. I'll be with you soon enough.

Oh... and if you call me buttah face again I'm going to tell people about Tash being a mother to a bastard child (can I say bastard here?... it is in the bilble you know)
Lady Tray'o Curs-ed Song: First Knight of Blood

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

The truth hurts!!!!

Everything is true on all accounts!

Newbs make PM/Pally builds.

Witch kid #1 was spat out before marriage!

... and Tray'o is a buttahface. >_>
ZOMFGOMBIES!
The SRM
Knight
Knight

Post by The SRM »

driller wrote:How do you know what their build is unless you metagame?

-driller
Metagaming in other words is basically ooc information used in RP .. I in no way use whatever build they are in RP

Also everyone brags about their build so, either way its easy to find out
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What are you suggesting?

-driller
The SRM wrote:
driller wrote:How do you know what their build is unless you metagame?

-driller
Metagaming in other words is basically ooc information used in RP .. I in no way use whatever build they are in RP

Also everyone brags about their build so, either way its easy to find out
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dyremoore »

If I might interject...

I have refused (per my choice as it is given on BSK) to RP the poor PvP threats and intimidation "RP" that comes from the "uber" builder with sights on pk'ing. I don't agree with their build of PM/Pally but that is their way of enjoying the game.

Everyone here is curious as to what they are up against, and the builds are listed at login. I use that information to avoid PvP situations with the obvious PK builds. If you call that metagaming, then I'm a metagamer with intentions of preserving the time that I spend on my toons. The loss of gold and xp at the hands of another player is very disheartening. If I can avoid the power gaming PK'rs and enjoy my character then I will continue to do so. :wink:

And, unless they are constantly fed insults to feed and challenge their egotistical build, most Ubers will move on and create a viable RP character or find another server to "terrorize" with builds such as the PM/Pally. At least that's been my experience and is only my opinion. :twisted:

And, I have had the pleasure of rp'ing with Tearloch on other servers. His experienced opinion is worthy of a second look. O:)
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Dyremoore wrote:If I might interject...

I have refused (per my choice as it is given on BSK) to RP the poor PvP threats and intimidation "RP" that comes from the "uber" builder with sights on pk'ing. I don't agree with their build of PM/Pally but that is their way of enjoying the game.

Everyone here is curious as to what they are up against, and the builds are listed at login. I use that information to avoid PvP situations with the obvious PK builds. If you call that metagaming, then I'm a metagamer with intentions of preserving the time that I spend on my toons. The loss of gold and xp at the hands of another player is very disheartening. If I can avoid the power gaming PK'rs and enjoy my character then I will continue to do so. :wink:

And, unless they are constantly fed insults to feed and challenge their egotistical build, most Ubers will move on and create a viable RP character or find another server to "terrorize" with builds such as the PM/Pally. At least that's been my experience and is only my opinion. :twisted:

And, I have had the pleasure of rp'ing with Tearloch on other servers. His experienced opinion is worthy of a second look. O:)
If you weren't raised after you were killed by another player - thats a bannable offense for whomever PKed you. - A bannable offense if they continue in the same fashion with others.

Screenshots are never a bad thing - just in case.
Tearloch
Knight
Knight

Post by Tearloch »

Gibbo ... "Fugliest" ...(adds word to his dictionary of new wrods like "adverbjective", which is a word which modifies both the verb and noun i.e. "fugleriest" .. thank you.. made my day.. :lol:
"And how can man die better, than in facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his father, and the temples of his Gods" .. Horatio at the Gate
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Tearloch wrote:Gibbo ... "Fugliest" ...(adds word to his dictionary of new wrods like "adverbjective", which is a word which modifies both the verb and noun i.e. "fugleriest" .. thank you.. made my day.. :lol:
you forgot ZOMFGOMBIES!
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Dyremoore wrote:If I might interject...

I don't even look at the builds before log in. I just RP my character the way he/she would act. If a POWER PvP builder happens to cross my path and get a little CRAZY, then I will either RP out of it or take my chances. It all depends on how my character would react. They may catch my character after just being spanked by one of the quests feeling a little P'ed off and ready to take down anyone or anything to feel better. Or, they may catch them after sipping on the flask in which case you couldn't get him upset. Cal is a fun character. And, I made him for RP not for PvP... but I am sure he could hold his own with some people and get spanked by others. It doesn't matter, because I am RPing with him and if his life it taken, the I will RP that too....

If you want to RP, then you stay with the RP and alow the characters life to unfold. No one can dictate where their life goes (to a certain extent) and so we should not expect to dictate where our characters lives go (to a certain extent).

Just my 2 cents.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Wow, you all are getting way too bent over this. Why does someone become a Pally/PM? Because they saw somone else slaying in the arena with it, and wanted to be able to do the same. I've seen some RP where the RP was "backed into" the char. In other words, something was kind of made up to support it, but that's really not an issue here. The way the rules are here, that same char might as well have sub-race of Vamp. Like Driller already stated, you have the freedom to create the chars as you see fit. If you don't see the viability of someone's build, then I suggest not RP'ing with them - plain and simple.

Oh, side note. Saul did not meet Jesus on the road to Damascus. He instead had a conversation with his donkey, which inspired him to change his way of life. :?
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

I was in no way getting bent, as it takes much to upset me. However, I see your point and was simply trying to say that this is a RP lite server and there could be RP reasons for someone to do it. Although, I agree that the bottom line is the person was looking to create a character who could rule them all. Unfortunately you can not create a character who will dominate everyone if you yourself are not talented enough to maximize the characters potential. What I mean is, you can have a great build and still not win a fight that someone else with the same build could. It is all in how you play and how the situation unfolds.

Oh and I am sure your comment about Saul was sarcasim designed to point out that there are many ways to discribe what could have taken place to get someone to where they are. However, since the bible is the word of God, I am sure he met Jesus and didn't have a conversation with his mule. :wink:
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

HelloBSK wrote:I was in no way getting bent, as it takes much to upset me. However, I see your point and was simply trying to say that this is a RP lite server and there could be RP reasons for someone to do it. Although, I agree that the bottom line is the person was looking to create a character who could rule them all. Unfortunately you can not create a character who will dominate everyone if you yourself are not talented enough to maximize the characters potential. What I mean is, you can have a great build and still not win a fight that someone else with the same build could. It is all in how you play and how the situation unfolds.

Oh and I am sure your comment about Saul was sarcasim designed to point out that there are many ways to discribe what could have taken place to get someone to where they are. However, since the bible is the word of God, I am sure he met Jesus and didn't have a conversation with his mule. :wink:
Cough..

Paladin/Bard/PM Elf Dexer.... Rules them all.

:twisted:

However only possible on PvP servers... :roll: