New stuff.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

New stuff.

Post by driller »

I am thinking of adding two special NPCs.

One that can remove properties from an item and the other that can de-level a character, except of course an RDD due to the bugs. What do you think?

-driller
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

that would be cool the removal of properties for some of us that still have items that are over lvl40 :oops: and de-leveler is always a plus
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

Glad I didnt sell that 2d12damage 2d12 mass crits sword that went to lvl 41 from a light spell to Vogon :P
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

As a player I would love the idea. It will open up a whole grouping of items to become more useful.

The only problem from a DM point of view...

There are some items that could be so much more powerful as to change the landscape of the game.

Many items have traits like +1AC or +1EB or the like... along with other traits that would be really good if not for that low trait. If such traits could be removed and the item reforged... we will be working with a whole new ball game.

Would that be good, bad or ugly?

It is hard to tell for sure. I find the idea both exciting and concerning.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

ST_DM_Myle wrote: Many items have traits like +1AC or +1EB or the like... along with other traits that would be really good if not for that low trait. If such traits could be removed and the item reforged... we will be working with a whole new ball game.

Myle
I must agree on this part.
It does sound like a great idea, but it should only be possible to remove item properties from a forged item. Then we could stick to the current ball game instead of moving on to a entire new one. :wink:
DM eaze
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:As a player I would love the idea. It will open up a whole grouping of items to become more useful.

There are some items that could be so much more powerful as to change the landscape of the game.

Many items have traits like +1AC or +1EB or the like... along with other traits that would be really good if not for that low trait. If such traits could be removed and the item reforged... we will be working with a whole new ball game.

Myle
first item came to mind for me is the plus 1-3 ab vorpal item heh :twisted: :twisted:
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I know I will get screaming from this but the other idea would be to slightly remod the socket system and only enable forging with socket items. Expand what can be forged but also require more skill levels and componets for such changes.

Then yes you could allow this system your talking about Driller and not worry about items becoming too over powering. Players could still make their own stuff and have tons of combos to use. Your not having to deal with a NWN items having all it's negs taken away and creating a "wonder uber weapon of hell".

Example is the sword were there is a neg for the dex but will bring up your strength way up and vorpal. If you take the dex neg off and just add more stuff you have a sword that pretty much is unstoppable on several servers. Yes due to the Tribal you can get around some of that. But if it had that extra slot you could really make something that will kick ass.

I'm sure Myle can come up with a better example but I see all the points here. Anyway that is an idea to give everyone something cool and not drive the dms crazy.
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Maybe that's what I could do with those old scarlets. A stone that removes a random property from an item.

-driller
ST_DM_Myle wrote:As a player I would love the idea. It will open up a whole grouping of items to become more useful.

Myle
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

That is a good idea.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Well the thing about the Vorpal weapons is that they have relatively low DC's. so they are still pretty much useless unless someone rolls a one. Also if you lose the ab off of the vorpal item it is not socketed, so you lose three sockets which is alot of damage when crits are added in. so those weapons probably wont be too "overpowering".
(besides, isnt there a forgie that adds vorpal anyways?)

And as for making scarletts remove a random Item property, well I think it would work a little better if it wasnt random. Maybe if you did it to so that you had to sacrifice a stone to remove the desired trade. That way you dont have a weapon that you have at 41 use the scarlett to remove something and it ends up being your plus 20.

Also lets have some kind of forge exchange program lol. So all those other forgies we have saved up can be put to good use.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

So if you have like 20 white forge stones and 10 blacks you can exchange them from say a few reds or blues?
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Jazelle wrote:So if you have like 20 white forge stones and 10 blacks you can exchange them from say a few reds or blues?
im liking that idea lol. . . :shock: :shock: :shock:
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

*nods* exactly what I was thinking :)
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New stuff.

Post by driller »

Sorry Myle, I converted over the old forum after you posted this. Feel free to edit and re-post.

-driller

Myle wrote:
Have the scarlet remove a random trait.... unless the scarlet is placed WITH the type of forge stone that provides the trait you wish to remove.

You want to remove a AB trait from that time your bard buff ran out just before the golem triggered the forge effect?...

Put in a Scarlet and the proper colored forge stone to remove it.... then burn another to get the triat level you were looking for.

Myle

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: New stuff.

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

driller wrote:Sorry Myle, I converted over the old forum after you posted this. Feel free to edit and re-post.

-driller

Myle wrote:
Have the scarlet remove a random trait.... unless the scarlet is placed WITH the type of forge stone that provides the trait you wish to remove.

You want to remove a AB trait from that time your bard buff ran out just before the golem triggered the forge effect?...

Put in a Scarlet and the proper colored forge stone to remove it.... then burn another to get the triat level you were looking for.

Myle

thats pretty much the gest of it :)

Using the Scarlet as an "anti-forge stone" .... use it alone and it deletes a random forged triat (NOT a random 'any' trait - only a random forged trait) OR the scarlet can delete a targeted trait by using a forge stone as a focus to remove specifically the trait that the 'focus stone' would generally be applied toward.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©