New stuff.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Re: New stuff.

Post by Roland Deschain »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
driller wrote:Sorry Myle, I converted over the old forum after you posted this. Feel free to edit and re-post.

-driller

Myle wrote:
Have the scarlet remove a random trait.... unless the scarlet is placed WITH the type of forge stone that provides the trait you wish to remove.

You want to remove a AB trait from that time your bard buff ran out just before the golem triggered the forge effect?...

Put in a Scarlet and the proper colored forge stone to remove it.... then burn another to get the triat level you were looking for.

Myle

http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
thats pretty much the gest of it :)

Using the Scarlet as an "anti-forge stone" .... use it alone and it deletes a random forged triat (NOT a random 'any' trait - only a random forged trait) OR the scarlet can delete a targeted trait by using a forge stone as a focus to remove specifically the trait that the 'focus stone' would generally be applied toward.

Myle

Well I like the Idea of that Much Much better. Could be very useful.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is the better idea.
the scarlet can delete a targeted trait by using a forge stone as a focus to remove specifically the trait that the 'focus stone' would generally be applied toward.
-driller
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

driller wrote:This is the better idea.
the scarlet can delete a targeted trait by using a forge stone as a focus to remove specifically the trait that the 'focus stone' would generally be applied toward.
-driller
So in otherwords you mucked up with say a yellow forge stone and got 4 points of strength when you wanted wisdom. You have to use a scarlet alone with another yellow to remove the trait then use a new yellow to try again. I can see folks really wasting a ton of forge stones. Over all it is a very good idea and well worth the challenge. I would also suggest stepping up the drops so that it would not be so hard for the average player to get stones. Since even with general looting getting enough gold is a problem just to barter with.

Yes I know I have a lot but then again I auctioned off well over 3 years of looting and collecting. I'm looking at it like a average player with a new char and little of anything. It's a very good idea and well worth adding to the game but on the other hand the drops will need to be adjusted too to make this worthwhile.
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Drops should be better, I upped them a week ago.

-driller
Jazelle wrote:
driller wrote:This is the better idea.
-driller
So in otherwords you mucked up with say a yellow forge stone and got 4 points of strength when you wanted wisdom. You have to use a scarlet alone with another yellow to remove the trait then use a new yellow to try again. I can see folks really wasting a ton of forge stones. Over all it is a very good idea and well worth the challenge. I would also suggest stepping up the drops so that it would not be so hard for the average player to get stones. Since even with general looting getting enough gold is a problem just to barter with.

Yes I know I have a lot but then again I auctioned off well over 3 years of looting and collecting. I'm looking at it like a average player with a new char and little of anything. It's a very good idea and well worth adding to the game but on the other hand the drops will need to be adjusted too to make this worthwhile.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Another option, you could allow players to opt for a random forge stone as a quest reward rather than the usual gold and XP.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Well, As far as deleveling, I would say it should come with a gold cost of about 1k per level. A level 38 wanting to delevel to 37 to then take a different class, 38k gp. Not a bad deal concidering that even a level 5 can come up with 5k should he make a mistake in his build.

But as far as all the ideas I've heard here about the forge stones. I think That there should be a properties deleter, It's bad enough when you:

Build a master crafter character,
Find the Gems and Stones,
Careful build planning and saving of said Gems and Stones.

Just to craft an item level 41+, Well that's not fair at all. [-X

Now, if you could delete a property on said item for a, lets say 10k per weapons level requirement, For example:
You have a level 41 item and don't want Light (Or any other trait) on it. Well then pay 410,000 gp to remove it like a surgeon. (No other Stones or Gems)

The point of the stones was to make custom items we COULD use. The economy in game is sound enough to make this justifiable and fair.

Forge stones should ALWAYS be a good thing because of their rarity and as for items being too powerful, There is still that level restriction. =D>
Roland Deschain wrote:Also lets have some kind of forge exchange program lol. So all those other forgies we have saved up can be put to good use.
Well, That's what RP is for.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. [-X
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Well I tell you what You find me someone who is willing to trade 10 white forge stones for a blue,red,or yellow Because I sure cant find anyone who wants to trade lesser stones for good ones. You can RP all day long, but no one wants to do trade them.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Roland Deschain wrote:Well I tell you what You find me someone who is willing to trade 10 white forge stones for a blue,red,or yellow Because I sure cant find anyone who wants to trade lesser stones for good ones. You can RP all day long, but no one wants to do trade them.
1. You won't because that is a bit extreme concidering the uselessness of said stone. But I would be willing to trade you even socket runes and gems for the stones you seek. Finding you is my biggest obstacle.
2. The solution to that stones problem is to change it's effect. Concidering the spells limitation :roll: perhaps a spell which has no HD limitation. Or decrease level requirment on said weapon, but that is more complex.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

1. your kidding right................sockets and runes for red and blue forgies.

now you have just went and done it.........all my futures trending is out the window and the economy will be in shambles.....grumbles
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Nathan Scorne wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:Well I tell you what You find me someone who is willing to trade 10 white forge stones for a blue,red,or yellow Because I sure cant find anyone who wants to trade lesser stones for good ones. You can RP all day long, but no one wants to do trade them.
1. You won't because that is a bit extreme concidering the uselessness of said stone. But I would be willing to trade you even socket runes and gems for the stones you seek. Finding you is my biggest obstacle.
2. The solution to that stones problem is to change it's effect. Concidering the spells limitation :roll: perhaps a spell which has no HD limitation. Or decrease level requirment on said weapon, but that is more complex.
Alright send me a PM about when you can be on and what timezone you are in. Cort will see you in game and we can RP a few trades.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Re:

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Maybe that's what you could do with the Ruby stones?
driller wrote:Maybe that's what I could do with those old scarlets. A stone that removes a random property from an item.

-driller
ST_DM_Myle wrote:As a player I would love the idea. It will open up a whole grouping of items to become more useful.

The only problem from a DM point of view...

There are some items that could be so much more powerful as to change the landscape of the game.

Many items have traits like +1AC or +1EB or the like... along with other traits that would be really good if not for that low trait. If such traits could be removed and the item reforged... we will be working with a whole new ball game.

Would that be good, bad or ugly?

It is hard to tell for sure. I find the idea both exciting and concerning.

Myle
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by driller »

That is what I actually meant. :oops:

-driller
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:Maybe that's what you could do with the Ruby stones?
driller wrote:Maybe that's what I could do with those old scarlets. A stone that removes a random property from an item.

-driller
ST_DM_Myle wrote:As a player I would love the idea. It will open up a whole grouping of items to become more useful.

The only problem from a DM point of view...

There are some items that could be so much more powerful as to change the landscape of the game.

Many items have traits like +1AC or +1EB or the like... along with other traits that would be really good if not for that low trait. If such traits could be removed and the item reforged... we will be working with a whole new ball game.

Would that be good, bad or ugly?

It is hard to tell for sure. I find the idea both exciting and concerning.

Myle
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Re: Re:

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Finally, a market for my finds!
driller wrote:That is what I actually meant. :oops:

-driller
Youko
Knight
Knight

Post by Youko »

Nathan Scorne wrote:
Now, if you could delete a property on said item for a, lets say 10k per weapons level requirement, For example:
You have a level 41 item and don't want Light (Or any other trait) on it. Well then pay 410,000 gp to remove it like a surgeon. (No other Stones or Gems)
I like this idea.
Look behinde you, I'm likly there <.<
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will not be able to add the scarlet removing function. But, I have added a check to the Device Operator that will tell you if a stone is going to put your item over level 40.
I have also added an NPC de-leveler in Blackwatch.

-driller