Guild Functions and PvP

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Liliana Vess
Commoner
Commoner

Guild Functions and PvP

Post by Liliana Vess »

Everyone says if your in a guild your subject to pvp, well i have a small problem with that, if your saying your subject to pvp then it cant be one way, if so then a person in a guild could rampage and attack others? there has to be some limits on the consent for pvp because if a guild member cant attack a random person then a random person cant attack a guild member.....i need clerification on that.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guild Functions and PvP

Post by driller »

The rule applied to those within guilds. Not sure if Luceran will be changing that rule.

-driller
Liliana Vess wrote:Everyone says if your in a guild your subject to pvp, well i have a small problem with that, if your saying your subject to pvp then it cant be one way, if so then a person in a guild could rampage and attack others? there has to be some limits on the consent for pvp because if a guild member cant attack a random person then a random person cant attack a guild member.....i need clerification on that.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I think what the administration means by consent to PvP from being in a guild would be something like , If you start an assassins guild and start operating in BlackStone and the Hunters find out by means of RP then don't be suprised if said assassins guild is systematically slaughtered . Those who run around wantonly killing player characters on the weak excuse that they are in a guild are usually dealt with whats left of the player base vets of BlackStone . I've seen alotta PKers come and go in the last couple years , I've seen alot of players who think they are the baddest player in the history of the game cause they got TimeStop and Harm , I've seen that same player dead in the Hamlet have his corpse PP'ed mercilessly before they can hit the respawn button or log off too.
PvP isnt a bad thing , guild wars can be fun and lead to great RP but no one wants to play on a server where your chars are slaughtered for no reason at all .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

my understanding of that rule is that if you are in a guild then you are consenting to PvP from anyone at any time. BUT if you are in a guild you do not have a free pass to kill any non guild member character, you would still have to get consent through one of the other means listed in the PvP rules.
If you have a problem with Getting unjustly PK'd Look up the Hunters and we can handle it.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Liliana Vess
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Guild Functions and PvP

Post by Liliana Vess »

[quote="driller"]The rule applied to those within guilds. Not sure if Luceran will be changing that rule.

-driller

ok, well if i am attacked by a non-guild char then that would be out of the guild rules so it would just be plainly against the rules?
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Well that would be dependant on the circumstances. If you consent to PvP per one of these rules.

1.If you insult someone OCC or IC you consent to PvP.
2.If you pick pocket someone you consent to PvP.
3.If you are involved in a guild you consent to PvP.
4.If you steal kills or loot from another player, you consent to PVP.
5.Obviously, if you cast hostile spells or attack someone you consent to PvP.
6.If you enter the arena you consent to PvP.

The original Post can be found here viewtopic.php?t=1245

If you are PK'd and you do not do any of these then screenshot it in the event you are attacked. Send them to a DM if you want it dealt with OOC, or just RP that you were unjustly attacked to a hunter and We will deal with it.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Or RP it then wait for the Hunter's to deal with it OOC...*sense the sarcasm?*
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Come now dan you were a hunter once upon a time. Beside I dont think its the "Hunters" you mean that towards. Just One member.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

What that means is that guilds are considered auto-consent with OTHER guilds.

This means that if a Hunter wanted to, they could openly attack a member of SOM. The response from SOM would determine the politicial result (if any) to that attack.

By having this Guild vs Guild standard, Driller is not 'punishing' people for being in a guild... He is actually forcing guild leaders to manage thier own people when they get out of hand.... or go to war over pointless causes.

This also means, that if a non-guildie attacks a guildie.... that they have just consented to PvP with every member of the guild that the victim is part of.

In short, .... if your part of a guild - you need to be respectful of your actions or you could ruin your own guilds reputation.

It also means that you can end up the target of entire guild ( and that guilds allies) if you pick a fight with the wrong people.

That said, it is still the best policy to offer your fellow players the respect of requesting consent, Doing so avoids misunderstandings and ill will due to confusion. And lets face it... do you really think you further your own characters RP by not asking for consent? I mean, seriously, if the player is going to use your consent request as OOC information, what makes you think they are going to be reasonable about an attack they did not consent to.

Guildies should not attack non-guildies without consent and non-guildies should not attack eachother without consent. Consent can also be 'implied' by a characters subrace type, being involved in certain types of RP and by certains actions IC or OOC.

If you still have questions, I suggest offering specifics... because this horse has been beat many many times and it is always the same answers. People really ought to be able to figure it out. It really is not complex.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Oh... and as for the complaints about the Hunters...

Every guild has had members they wish they never had. To paint an entire guild in a poor light is not fair. Especially when it comes to the Hunters, people need to get off thier soap box and stop giving them a hard time for being exactly what they were MEANT to be.

The Hunters are a group of good guys that have a militant streak. It would not be wrong to call them vigilanties, but they generally are 'responsive' to the actions of others.

Sure some of them are bigoted and distrustful.... but hello!... this is set in a middle ages timeline people.... bigotry and distrust is NORMAL!

Before people file thier complaints about a group, they really ought to do thier homework and know something about the group they are complaining about. If the complaint is about individuals IN the group, then complain about that/those specific individual(s).

For most guilds, the information you need to undertstand much of what drives them is openly listed in the guild directory.... which is still demoted.... hold on a sec..... okay I restickied it: HERE

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Sour grapes Driller?? Pftt...and yes Jesse..one member. Shame that one member happens to be the leader and Driller's bro eh..oh well, some mothers do have em. :roll:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

So what are you insinuating Dan? Get it off your chest.

-driller
Dan8145 wrote:Sour grapes Driller?? Pftt...and yes Jesse..one member. Shame that one member happens to be the leader and Driller's bro eh..oh well, some mothers do have em. :roll:
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

hmm let me get this straight you are all huffed up because you were kicked out of the Hunters..... well what did you think would happen when you switched your alignment......to evil.

ah i can hear it now it was ooc info blah blah blah.....what do you think we have the Chamber of truth for......

doesn't have to be ic or ooc, if Raven calls for the members to sit in the chair then the truth will be revealed regardless of what alignment you are and as leader has the authority to call any or all members to sit in the chair at any given time.

and all this so you could wear a Cloak of the Dark One......next time you might want to ask someone how you can wear it without betraying your guild members to do so.

i think those grapes just got a bit more sour....er bitter sounds more like it

go back to your clone server where you feel more at home and lying and cheating is the norm

have a nice day Danny boy
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Well it was funny when Orty sat in the chair and didn't blow up. Here you all thought she was evil all that time.
The world is a strange place.