Good News / Bad News

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sorry, I just don't have the desire. After I get the 1.69 patch integrated for Luceran. My PW work will be done. If there is an NWN3, I will look at it, so who knows.

-driller
Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:driller bring back bsk2 plz....lol, you created the best PW for nwn1 and in my opinion bsk2 was shaping up to be even better. to be honest i only bought nwn2 to make bsk2 my new home. i think its a real shame you dropped the bsk2 project as the player base was increasing daily and the server was running perfect. i just cant get back into bsk1 again after seeing how great nwn2 looked on your bsk2 module. i'm disappointed you uploaded the module to the vault for all them horrible mod vultures to destroy. i understand the nwn2 toolset was meant to be awful to work with, but from what i could see you had things worked out nicely. i think im talking on behalf of alot of regular bsk players when i say "bring back BSK2"
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Driller has a family and has done a hell of a lot over the years he deserves a time off. NWN2 is a pain for PW owners and I see everyday folks dropping it or having hell. Face it Atari lost the ball when they took Bioware off the project.

Their heart in making thing easier for online mods was never in there. They only wanted a fly by night one person game that would sit on the shelf after a few months of play. It's sad but true.

Driller took on a huge project and I understand his frustration with it. It's a hobby to him not a job. There is a great deal players never see behind the curtain. The work load is huge making a mod and Driller has done it pretty much alone. Hell I have enough with a team to get my mod working as we want. Driller is a very skilled person but he does have a right to call things quits and be more with his family.

His kindness in letting others share in the BSK2 mod was very nice of him. He could have just let it go by the wayside. I have known several very good mods to vanish just like that.

Have a good time off Driller you made a very good amusment ride.
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks,
-driller
Jazelle wrote:Driller has a family and has done a hell of a lot over the years he deserves a time off. NWN2 is a pain for PW owners and I see everyday folks dropping it or having hell. Face it Atari lost the ball when they took Bioware off the project.

Their heart in making thing easier for online mods was never in there. They only wanted a fly by night one person game that would sit on the shelf after a few months of play. It's sad but true.

Driller took on a huge project and I understand his frustration with it. It's a hobby to him not a job. There is a great deal players never see behind the curtain. The work load is huge making a mod and Driller has done it pretty much alone. Hell I have enough with a team to get my mod working as we want. Driller is a very skilled person but he does have a right to call things quits and be more with his family.

His kindness in letting others share in the BSK2 mod was very nice of him. He could have just let it go by the wayside. I have known several very good mods to vanish just like that.

Have a good time off Driller you made a very good amusment ride.
Wzorin
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wzorin »

Just wondering....who is that old man on Drillers picture (Im not English) :?:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E_Lee

-driller
Wzorin wrote:Just wondering....who is that old man on Drillers picture (Im not English) :?:
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:driller bring back bsk2 plz....lol, you created the best PW for nwn1 and in my opinion bsk2 was shaping up to be even better. to be honest i only bought nwn2 to make bsk2 my new home. i think its a real shame you dropped the bsk2 project as the player base was increasing daily and the server was running perfect. i just cant get back into bsk1 again after seeing how great nwn2 looked on your bsk2 module. i'm disappointed you uploaded the module to the vault for all them horrible mod vultures to destroy. i understand the nwn2 toolset was meant to be awful to work with, but from what i could see you had things worked out nicely. i think im talking on behalf of alot of regular bsk players when i say "bring back BSK2"
That's why I'm planning to slowly release content on my mod, so that players can begin right away...even if the level cap is 5 for awhile. lol. Of course it will go up with time, like its own expansion packs...but right now i'm working on the core stuff, and am almost finished, actually. Oh, and I'm building for NWN2, so you didn't waste your money. ;) I'll release a demo on these forums when I'm finished with it (I'm about 50% finished, will have it done by end of this month i think). I think even driller himself would be impressed by it when it's done...
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

Back on track then lads \o/

hai luceran and driller
Blackstone Keep Veteran
Aneldor Shadowflame
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Aneldor Shadowflame »

i think i might have seemed rude in my last post, i can assure you it was not intentional. i just wanted to roll one last throw of the dice and ask for bsk2 again. im a family man myself, with a full time job, so i do understand how difficult it must have been to dedicate so much personal time to the bsk2 project. i simply wanted to let driller know that i thought his work was exceptional and was clutching at straws by asking him to reconsider his decision. and after all if you dont ask you dont get lol. plus im irish so i was bound to try it on lol. anyways thanks a million driller for the fine entertainment over the years, and ofcourse i agree everybody needs a break in a while.
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:i think i might have seemed rude in my last post, i can assure you it was not intentional. i just wanted to roll one last throw of the dice and ask for bsk2 again. im a family man myself, with a full time job, so i do understand how difficult it must have been to dedicate so much personal time to the bsk2 project. i simply wanted to let driller know that i thought his work was exceptional and was clutching at straws by asking him to reconsider his decision. and after all if you dont ask you dont get lol. plus im irish so i was bound to try it on lol. anyways thanks a million driller for the fine entertainment over the years, and ofcourse i agree everybody needs a break in a while.
If I were driller, I'd be appreciative of your understanding. :)
I'll have my server up long before 2008 is over, though, if all goes well...

(I'm Irish too ^.^ a little bit anyway)
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I didn't take it that way. I am glad you were entertained.

-driller
Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:i think i might have seemed rude in my last post, i can assure you it was not intentional. i just wanted to roll one last throw of the dice and ask for bsk2 again. im a family man myself, with a full time job, so i do understand how difficult it must have been to dedicate so much personal time to the bsk2 project. i simply wanted to let driller know that i thought his work was exceptional and was clutching at straws by asking him to reconsider his decision. and after all if you dont ask you dont get lol. plus im irish so i was bound to try it on lol. anyways thanks a million driller for the fine entertainment over the years, and ofcourse i agree everybody needs a break in a while.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Is the server warning before a reset being displayed?

-driller
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

driller wrote:Is the server warning before a reset being displayed?

-driller
ya it is very handy to have
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Shadow_Nightfall
Baron
Baron
Location: In the shadows bare, watching as you shed a tear for me

Post by Shadow_Nightfall »

I honestly have never been more happy in my whole life than to hear you say BSK 1 is coming back. Seriously, I think years must have been put into this server, just creating it, it is that good. No other server can compare. Trust me, I've visited quite a few. The problems here are handled efficiantly and properly without much wasted time. I am so glad it is back up, and Driller and all else who made this server, and Luceran, who accepted the task of re-hosting it, a great big thank you is owed for the great times made here, escaping RL... and the great ones to come, of course. This server is good enough to receive money in order to play here... =D> \:D/ :D :thumbsup:
<<The all powerful fire-breathing dragon!

warm winds, burning flame, a tear drops, I'll be the one to blame; summer themes, Amber Demonchild, burning coals, emotional moments halfway mild
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Well, donations have been offered in the past and have always been refused by Driller... but in the spirit of giving players what they want, I would be happy to recieve whatever sum you deem reasonable.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Shadow_Nightfall
Baron
Baron
Location: In the shadows bare, watching as you shed a tear for me

Post by Shadow_Nightfall »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Well, donations have been offered in the past and have always been refused by Driller... but in the spirit of giving players what they want, I would be happy to recieve whatever sum you deem reasonable.

Myle
aren't you the one who writes up all the rules? No money for you! LOL
<<The all powerful fire-breathing dragon!

warm winds, burning flame, a tear drops, I'll be the one to blame; summer themes, Amber Demonchild, burning coals, emotional moments halfway mild