Good News / Bad News

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question

Post by driller »

It is just the base mod, you will need to add you own stuff.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Driller,

forgive me please.. I just don't have mod building experience like you do.

You posted (and I downloaded) BSK2-- I assumed you had left it up there in it last current state, and I could just use the characters I was playing and play it as a solo mod that way. (like a module you would purchase)

However, I had to roll a new character, and none of the areas scrips are there (stores, conversations, etc.)

Did you just put up the "shell" of areas.. so that others could add the content (like garth at the store).. so this is more of a developers shell...?

Thanks-
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

That's what I thought, OK.

I can't even pull it up in the tool set for some reason.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is saved as a directory and you must have MOTB installed.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:That's what I thought, OK.

I can't even pull it up in the tool set for some reason.
Luceran
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Luceran »

With a shudder your eyes open. A wash of pure white light screams into your mind as you awaken. "Where have I been", you ask yourself as you realize that not only do you know exactly know where you are but you can't quite remember who you are.

The fog that had settled over your existence begins to fade. "Whooosh, whooosh, whooosh". "What is that sound?" your mind races to remember a sound that is somehow very familiar to you.

As you begin to see vague shapes, a shadow passes above you and you see a face. It is a face that you recognize. "Zim?", you're surprised as the words seem to issue forth from somewhere inside your chest. "Aye, lad", a voice bellows down from above. "Ye've been out for days since I found ye floating in the Marvale sea. I've brung ye back tu the keep. If ye've got a few spare coins I wud'na turn'em down. Afterall, I did fish yer sorry carcas out of the drink".

"The keep", you think to yourself. "The keep...Blacksto...". Memories course back through you as you recall. "I remember! Zim, you old wet shoe! I'll not only find you some coin, I'll find you a chest full of them."

The air fills your chest and the steady thump in your chest brings a thrill to you as you realize that you're home. Blackstone Keep. You dust the sand off of your face and begin to walk toward the inn.

"Come on Zim, I'll buy you a drink. What the hell, I'll buy you the keg". A smile spreads across the old man's face. Aye, lad. Now yer talkin'". "And don't ye be thinkin' that I'm givin' ye some kind of discount on passage". The old man winks and snarls his face into a grisly smile.

Maybe you'll find out what happened and maybe you won't but none of that matters now. There's a bar full of your friends up ahead and you have coin in your room. Sometimes it's just good to be alive.

"Of course not Zim. Of course not. Everything's back in order it seems." you think to yourself. "Just like it should be...".

Merry Christmas all,

Luceran
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Yes sir.. I have MoTB.. I'm just apparently a very bad builder.. as I don't know how to pull that up in the NwN2 toolset just yet. I see files types for each area.. but can't see to get them to pull up an area in the main toolset screen.

I'll figure it out.. I'm sure you don't want to be bothered with this ...

thanks Driller.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Two figures pass by the man hidden in the shadows, his eyes burning with recognition.

He could still see her death, playing over and over in his mind. Nothing he could do, nothing he could do...

Her eyes stared at him, an accusing stare. It still surprised him the guilt that he felt, something he thought he had gotten rid of so long ago.
But no matter, there was killing to do. He stepped out of the shadows.
Yes time to right an old wrong...

Merry Christmas,
-driller
Luceran wrote:With a shudder your eyes open. A wash of pure white light screams into your mind as you awaken. "Where have I been", you ask yourself as you realize that not only do you know exactly know where you are but you can't quite remember who you are.

The fog that had settled over your existence begins to fade. "Whooosh, whooosh, whooosh". "What is that sound?" your mind races to remember a sound that is somehow very familiar to you.

As you begin to see vague shapes, a shadow passes above you and you see a face. It is a face that you recognize. "Zim?", you're surprised as the words seem to issue forth from somewhere inside your chest. "Aye, lad", a voice bellows down from above. "Ye've been out for days since I found ye floating in the Marvale sea. I've brung ye back tu the keep. If ye've got a few spare coins I wud'na turn'em down. Afterall, I did fish yer sorry carcas out of the drink".

"The keep", you think to yourself. "The keep...Blacksto...". Memories course back through you as you recall. "I remember! Zim, you old wet shoe! I'll not only find you some coin, I'll find you a chest full of them."

The air fills your chest and the steady thump in your chest brings a thrill to you as you realize that you're home. Blackstone Keep. You dust the sand off of your face and begin to walk toward the inn.

"Come on Zim, I'll buy you a drink. What the hell, I'll buy you the keg". A smile spreads across the old man's face. Aye, lad. Now yer talkin'". "And don't ye be thinkin' that I'm givin' ye some kind of discount on passage". The old man winks and snarls his face into a grisly smile.

Maybe you'll find out what happened and maybe you won't but none of that matters now. There's a bar full of your friends up ahead and you have coin in your room. Sometimes it's just good to be alive.

"Of course not Zim. Of course not. Everything's back in order it seems." you think to yourself. "Just like it should be...".

Merry Christmas all,

Luceran
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

Merry Christmas BSK folks :)
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have done most of number two. I also have added horses, find the merchant in Blackwatch to purchase one.

-driller
I will do two last major things:

1.Add 1.69 content when it comes out, including horses and jousting.
2.Integrate all the areas I have made from other mods.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Any Idea on when the town with the horses will be added?
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

After the 8:00pm reset.

-driller
Roland Deschain wrote:Any Idea on when the town with the horses will be added?
Wzorin
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wzorin »

THIS IS ACTUALLY GREAT NEWS :!:
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have added in game character deleting. Talk to the Dockmaster. This will be available after the 4:00pm reset.

-driller
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

driller wrote:I have added in game character deleting. Talk to the Dockmaster. This will be available after the 4:00pm reset.

-driller

AWESOME!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

A word of warning. Be careful if you have more than one character whose name contains the same first 16 letters. It will almost certainly delete the wrong one. You have been warned.

-driller

driller wrote:I have added in game character deleting. Talk to the Dockmaster. This will be available after the 4:00pm reset.

-driller
colwulf
Commoner
Commoner

Post by colwulf »

ok i am lost is BSK2 Being turned off??? if so when... i would love to continue to play but i dont want to put a lot of time if it is just going ot be brought down in a day or so... thank you