Poll: Why aren't you on BSK2 yet?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

I am not on BSK2 yet because:

Poll ended at Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:49 am

I just haven't had the time because of "real life" but I will be there soon
11%
NWN2 is still too buggy and I will stick with NWN, the original
33%
I am waiting until a possible character wipe before starting on BSK2
No votes
I started playing on another pw while waiting for BSK2 and found a new home
11%
My system can't quite handle the requirements for NWN2
11%
I don't have MOTB yet
11%
I'm worried the "plug" will get pulled on BSK2 unexpectedly
No votes
Other
22%

Total votes: 9

Katar
Knight
Knight

Poll: Why aren't you on BSK2 yet?

Post by Katar »

It looks like Driller has been doing alot of great work on BSK2 and the game itself seems to run much smoother and less bugged than the 1st go - around with BSK2. I am just curious why the player count isn't higher.

I'd really like to make BSK2 my NWN2 home but it would be nice to see a few other characters online from time to time. :wink:
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

You need to add no intrest in NWN2.

Don't get my wrong Driller does a great job in anything he does with NWN but I had the game and it basically would not only NOT let me play NWN1 on the same computer and since the good computer only has 1 dvd unit and in order to play NWN2 and NWN1 it was requiring me to have 2 units. I said screw this and returned the game.

Until the fix it so that the cd is not required to play I'm pretty much NWN1 only person.
The world is a strange place.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

You should be able to get a no CD version off the net. I think that Atari even has one on their website.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

My comp can't handle it :)
Bear
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Bear »

Jazelle wrote:You need to add no intrest in NWN2.

Don't get my wrong Driller does a great job in anything he does with NWN but I had the game and it basically would not only NOT let me play NWN1 on the same computer and since the good computer only has 1 dvd unit and in order to play NWN2 and NWN1 it was requiring me to have 2 units. I said screw this and returned the game.

Until the fix it so that the cd is not required to play I'm pretty much NWN1 only person.

Jazelle I run my diamond version of NWN1 without a dvd. and it works fine. :)
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Bear wrote:
Jazelle wrote:You need to add no intrest in NWN2.

Jazelle I run my diamond version of NWN1 without a dvd. and it works fine. :)
So do I but NWN2 insisted when I had it in that both it and the NWN1 version needed the cd in the drive. It was very annoying because I had a large event to do and NWN1 was crashing all the time.
Sierante
Knight
Knight

Post by Sierante »

I started playing on a new server and found myself a new home, yesums. I was really looking forward to see the new BSK2, but now I can't possibly see myself playing NWN2 online at all. I would like to, but most of my friends won't play NWN2, so I choose to stay with them for the time being, in NWN1 land. :)
Massdeth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Massdeth »

Jazelle,
you can make a cd image of your disc and then use Daemon tools to auto start that image and auto load it with windows and you dont ever have to worry about loading your disc again. or , ya, you can try a nocd fix, but if that doesnt work or you cant figure out how to implement it then use Daemon tools.

as to the poll,
im on BSK 2, aka NWN2 , and its fantastic people!!!! dont get me wrong, i hate the way the game is setup when your playing the campaign, but i love the graphics on a persistent world like this, in a multiplayer enviornment!! its just awesome. the water actually looks and moves like water the monsters and chars are super defined along witht he trees and grass etc... it takes alot of oomph for a game and graphics card to render trees and their leaves correctly with the right physics also. so when you do see it, with all the eye candy maxed out, your just blown away!!!! its really amazing. its worth it just for the graphics alone. the character system feels a little out of place and sluggish at first, but if you tweak your settings and you give the game play a chance, you'll get used to it.
MTHRBRD: ASUS P5N-E SLI
CPU: C2D 6400
RAM: Patriot EP 3gb 800mhz cas4
G-CARD: (2) EVGA 8800 GTS 320 in SLI
S-CARD: Turtle Beach Montego
CASE: Antec 900
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

The problem beyond it wanting me to have 2 dvd drives is NWN2 crashes NWN1 even when it is not playing. And my computer is only 1 level lower than the highest (at the time). Basically it just would not allow me to play NWN1 without crashing every 5 mins.

Oddly I can have 3 versions of NWN1 playing on the same computer just have to rename the files and tweek the nwn.ini and player.ini. As for what your talking about I have no idea what Daemon tools is.
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

Haven't had time to buy NWN2 yet, and I don't have any interest in starting to play a entire new game, mostly because I'm to lazy to adjust to a new gameplay.

I've recently been working much too. Who knows, maybe someday I get fall in interest in trying out NWN2 again and start playing on BSK2.
we'll see.

But, I'm still in the forum, and I always will be!
Blackstone Keep Veteran
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Daemon Tools is a utility program that burns a virtual copy of a CD or DVD-ROM and creates an image file. The utility also creates 'virtual' CD Drives to play these image files. It's rather nifty, and has helped me in a few muddles. ... Like whenever I need a plug-in for MS Office.

I believe one of the later patches for NWN1... maybe even after the release of the Hordes of the Underdark had the No-CD Crack implemented into the actual game.

It's not recommended (for any computer) to run more than one 3D rendering game at the same time.

MotB was a delicious addition to NWN2, and showed people what the engine is really capable of.... oh yes, oh yes. The Dreamscape was an especially exciting addition.

As for why I'm not currently on BSK2... well, I'm studiously preparing for the rest of my academic career. I just don't find the hours upon hours of free time that I used to have. When I do have time to play, I'm usually caught up in one of my many other hobbies... like sleeping... or missing Thanny's IM's late late at night.

It's not to say that I won't be seen on BSK2 ... Just right now there's not a lot of time to spend fraternizing with Foxmore or his lil' impy friend.
ZOMFGOMBIES!