You warned us... :)

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Nottingham
Count
Count

You warned us... :)

Post by Nottingham »

OK, so I fought hard to get my character to level XXIV and my UMD skill to XXV, just to put on this cool wizard robe. So I got there and I also got the robes on, just to look like a darn wizard. So I run, with haste (literally), over to the blacksmiths shop and attempt to alter the appearance of the robes so that they at least look something like a ranger/rogue/adventurer might wear, and boom, all the stats are doubled on the robes, and now they need a level 28 character to wear them.

This also happened with a robe of resistance last week with a different character, but that did not bother me too much... but robes that give a +5 AC bonus and 20 magic resistance... that matters... especially now that my guy can wear them.

Yes, there is a risk in changing the look of an item. I have changed the way lots of magical items look, but only a few have problems. I love the new feature, but my character would gladly pay a profesional seamstress to alter the robes for forest and dungeon stealth and fighting utility, rather than have a friendly dwarf make the attempt. :)
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Same type of bugs exist on Cloak of Resistance +1. If you alter it.. it doubles the resistance.. making it:

+1 Deflection
+1 Deflection
Level 4 to use.

You only get +1 deflection on it though...
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax