Nature Abhors A Vacuum

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Post by tropiofCancer »

So Driller from what you have stated you are going to try and let BSK2 be more free form with no DM intervention , what I would like to know is the following
Who will moderate the forums? you know , lock threads , keep people from being petty and going off on tangents w/ no bearing whatsoever.
Who will police the server when things get out of hand .
I know you got a full plate especially with a brand new server and including MoTB , not to mention your prolly in the same boat I am with a Job and family. So who will take care of the more trivial details while you do the voodoo that you do?
Personaly I dont like DM's . Unfortunately Its a necessary Evil and I would like your thoughts on the subject as well as your player base's . If you come to the conclusion at a later time that its imperative you have one I vote for Carpe if he's not too busy . Just my input and querry.
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Post by driller »

The player voted as a storyteller will have power to put players temporarily in jail . No player can become a storyteller until there are at least 6 players on the server. Two-thirds have to vote yes. Only the ones who voted are counted towards that ratio.

It won't take long to figure out who the good/bad ones are. I will display the winner's Login/Player/Public CD key. So it will be easy to track who is who.

-driller
tropiofCancer wrote:So Driller from what you have stated you are going to try and let BSK2 be more free form with no DM intervention , what I would like to know is the following
Who will moderate the forums? you know , lock threads , keep people from being petty and going off on tangents w/ no bearing whatsoever.
Who will police the server when things get out of hand .
I know you got a full plate especially with a brand new server and including MoTB , not to mention your prolly in the same boat I am with a Job and family. So who will take care of the more trivial details while you do the voodoo that you do?
Personaly I dont like DM's . Unfortunately Its a necessary Evil and I would like your thoughts on the subject as well as your player base's . If you come to the conclusion at a later time that its imperative you have one I vote for Carpe if he's not too busy . Just my input and querry.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

so the story teller will also moderate the forums? is that a permanent position?
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Driller a suggestion for the forums. Just have a forum Moderator period. No vote other than you picking them. It will help the forums keep smoothness to them.

One I have seen what your suggesting done before and the forums ended up being hell on earth and finaly were closed down. Basically while you might experiment in game with this storyteller idea don't do it on the forums. Keep the staff running those solid.

Only a suggestion from someone who has been doing forums ...oh hell now for around 20 years... eep since 1988 it's been freaking that long... geez.
The world is a strange place.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Opps, I was referring to the module not the forums.
Yes, a forum moderator is a good ideal.

-driller
Jazelle wrote:Driller a suggestion for the forums. Just have a forum Moderator period. No vote other than you picking them. It will help the forums keep smoothness to them.

One I have seen what your suggesting done before and the forums ended up being hell on earth and finaly were closed down. Basically while you might experiment in game with this storyteller idea don't do it on the forums. Keep the staff running those solid.

Only a suggestion from someone who has been doing forums ...oh hell now for around 20 years... eep since 1988 it's been freaking that long... geez.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Just checking there.
driller wrote:Opps, I was referring to the module not the forums.
Yes, a forum moderator is a good ideal.

-driller
Jazelle wrote:Driller a suggestion for the forums. Just have a forum Moderator period. No vote other than you picking them. It will help the forums keep smoothness to them.

Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

forum moderator job
:!:

:shock: Is this a paid post or do you work for free, cause I do come real cheap when it comes to job's like this??? :shock:

If you need a job reference you can talk with friends at http://www.designgroup23.net :twisted:

Hordack
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

Hordack wrote:
forum moderator job
:!:

:shock: Is this a paid post or do you work for free, cause I do come real cheap when it comes to job's like this??? :shock:

If you need a job reference you can talk with friends at http://www.designgroup23.net :twisted:

Hordack
What do YOU think ?
Blackstone Keep Veteran
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I think Driller has enough qualified people to pick from he does not need any job apps and I really doubt you or anyone would be paid.