Forget me Knot

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Forget me Knot

Post by Gibbo »

;_;

That little semi-colon underscore semi-colon face is a clear representation of what many of us feel in our hearts as we lay down Ol' BSK1 like an aged yella' lab with moles all over her face (Don't ask... just watch more blue collar comedy).

And in recent days, it's become painfully obvious that there are some feelings of the non-warm and fuzzy variety, and that's just not the way to say goodbye to an old friend with moles all over her face (God bless the all the starvin' pygmies and etc).

So, as a last stitch effort of my own, let us all come now in remembrance, and honor a module, its players, and its owner the way it ought to be done. The ties that bond each of us to such a place are the same ones that bind any group of people to a place they call home. The visual representation of rope also allows me to use bad puns for my subject titles.

But all in all, let this thread be used to remember the BSK1 we've all grown to love and enjoy. From Den Mother quests to Rust Monster attacks, to the scarcely hosted DM event to the even more scarcely attended DM event, to the overly zealous Vorites to the homicide Kazrites ... (*with american-folk music* this mod was made for me and you....)

What do you remember best of BSK? What positive legacy has it instilled upon your heart, even your very RP'ing soul??

I know I have mine, and if we don't fluster Carpe anymore than we have in the last couple, I'll get around to sharing them (*secretly huggles carpe, but not for too long because his name reminds me of fish*). And now for your entertainment, mourning, and simple pleasures... I mimic the words of a great man:

We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved BSK1 gave its life to inspire and nourish. It did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate the profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the modules I have encountered in my travels, Blackstone Keep was the most... human.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forget me Knot

Post by driller »

Coming soon. NWN3: The search for BSK.

-driller
Gibbo wrote:;_;

That little semi-colon underscore semi-colon face is a clear representation of what many of us feel in our hearts as we lay down Ol' BSK1 like an aged yella' lab with moles all over her face (Don't ask... just watch more blue collar comedy).

And in recent days, it's become painfully obvious that there are some feelings of the non-warm and fuzzy variety, and that's just not the way to say goodbye to an old friend with moles all over her face (God bless the all the starvin' pygmies and etc).

So, as a last stitch effort of my own, let us all come now in remembrance, and honor a module, its players, and its owner the way it ought to be done. The ties that bond each of us to such a place are the same ones that bind any group of people to a place they call home. The visual representation of rope also allows me to use bad puns for my subject titles.

But all in all, let this thread be used to remember the BSK1 we've all grown to love and enjoy. From Den Mother quests to Rust Monster attacks, to the scarcely hosted DM event to the even more scarcely attended DM event, to the overly zealous Vorites to the homicide Kazrites ... (*with american-folk music* this mod was made for me and you....)

What do you remember best of BSK? What positive legacy has it instilled upon your heart, even your very RP'ing soul??

I know I have mine, and if we don't fluster Carpe anymore than we have in the last couple, I'll get around to sharing them (*secretly huggles carpe, but not for too long because his name reminds me of fish*). And now for your entertainment, mourning, and simple pleasures... I mimic the words of a great man:

We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved BSK1 gave its life to inspire and nourish. It did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate the profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the modules I have encountered in my travels, Blackstone Keep was the most... human.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Wouldn't be better to call it episode 4 A New Hope? Then you can make three prequels and two sequels. An if your really good Mel Brooks makes a movie about BSK called Ballstone or Blackrock or ... Oh ... Oh ... then then the cute little driller dolls/action figures tooo ... :P

Once all the bugs have been worked out of NWN2 you see familar faces appear on BSK2 .... :wink:
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Think I'd prefer it to be Blackadder goes forth :)
Nizzle
Count
Count

Post by Nizzle »

Queen Naga II wrote:Think I'd prefer it to be Blackadder goes forth :)
/Signed.
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
It may be he shall take my hand
Lead me into his dark land
Close my eyes and quench my breath
I have a rendezvous with Death
I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

/signed

Thanks Driller. Looking forward to BSK2.. the server's been down for a while!
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is up. Make sure you are connecting to port 5121.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:/signed

Thanks Driller. Looking forward to BSK2.. the server's been down for a while!
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

I've tried that one..

blackstonekeep.com:5121

right?
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax