The Newcastle Server

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Hordack
Duke
Duke

The Newcastle Server

Post by Hordack »

This is funny ... All I did was show up to take a look around and Dorrian and Shimmer banned me outright off of NewCastle. My crime ... their personal occly grudge against me. In a free world I would been a chance to fairly defend myself, but I wasn't even given that. Nope even a chance. I wonder how many other BSKer's who played BSK who like myself who never had been banned from BSK or jailed met the same fate as I did this day. If this is how they treat gamer's then they can keep their little server to themselves. And if you got banned from NewCastle and you thought you are being treated unfairly and you still want to play Nwn1 please join us over at Windhill ... where we treat everyone fairly and without prejuduce reguardless how you played on another server.

Hordack the Dark
Game Tester / Professional Gamer sence 1995
deerhunter@iqsquad.com
hordackthedarknwn@hotmail.com
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Ah, the drama. Maybe that's it, Hordy? LOL!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Actually, the same thing happened to my brother when he joined.

-driller
viobane wrote:Ah, the drama. Maybe that's it, Hordy? LOL!
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

What features does Windhill have? Convincing people to join a server because of what it offers as opposed to what problems you experienced with another server might be more helpful to your cause. I believe what the above post is known as is "Negative campaigning."
Last edited by Caesius on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only constant is change.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

But it helps people see a pattern evolving. But I am biased, so take with a grain of salt.

-driller
Caesius wrote:What features does Winhill have? Convincing people to join a server because of what it offers as opposed to what problems you experienced with another server might be more helpful to your cause. I believe what the above post is known as is "Negative campaigning."
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

yes Hordack the same thing happened to me.

i logged in made my char and was in the process of choosing a diety and not knowing whose server this was in the first place was promptly transported to a dm area and told quote (you are not welcome here please leave NOW).

and i said what rules did i break on your server and of course the first thing said was that i was one of the ones treated them badly on BSK.

well further conversation revealed to me that these people played Order of the White Rose a group of self proclaimed do gooders who proclaimed Vor was almighty and justice would prevail and all the while thier leader Sir Ry'Gar was a Blackguard and of course Raven called them out on that fact.

the information was recieved IC by Raven but however the char who told her recieved it OOC so it was claimed i used OOC info.

i wonder how many times OOC info was recieved on the Hunters, probably more than i care to count or i cared to really worry about in the first place.

so if you want to play on this server Newcastle led by petty and childish people knock yourself out and enjoy.

oh and btw not to mention that it is a BSK ripoff with almost the same exact qualities and quests, just with different names for example the thieves guild is called th Cabal and you get whacked just the same if you do not join, wonder where that came from hmmm.

well peeps i must say i have enjoyed playing this Blackstone Keep and would like to thank the many players who have rp'd and pvp'd with me and the Hunters Guild. If by chance you come to BSK2 look us up we may be there under a different name of course.

may god bless you all and take care my friends

goodbye

Raven Swordmistress of Chaos - Supreme Commander of the Hunters
Pheadra Hawk - Supreme Commander of the Hunters
Rold Signe - The Circle of Freedom
Lan Mandragorn - Brother to Raven and the sacrifice to the Ancients
DM Xeen1
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

What I posted wasn't negative ... just the facts of the event ... But if you like information on Windhill you can find it here http://www.designgroup23.net

This mod is designed by my friend Cybermagi (Panacea Stormwatcher) who most of who have played on BSK may know.

The mod has the following just give you a taste:

-We have player housing for all player's, in which players place their own furnishings.(got 20 million, yes you can own the Castle on the hill)
-Affordable guild Halls for all players.
-Our own forge that requires no forge stones or sockets can make almost anything. If you have the gold you can make it.
-Mages have teleport spells to travel anywhere in the mod
-Non-mages can get the special item called "Book of Many Places" to travel to points of the Mod.
-very few spell nerfs - Time stop has a cool down so mages CANNOT spam - True seeing is nerfed to BSK standards - Harm and heal spells nerfed to D&D 3.5 standards
-remeber those lost pair of Dragon Slippers you crave so much? I am sure you can find them.

This is a small taste want to know more go to http://www.designgroup23.net

Hordack

PS - This not copy of BSK ... just what we liked to see in our mod. A mod built by players for player's of types.

PSS - Dont worry Hordack be on BSK2 so better watch you coin bags, but I still plan to continue play Nwn1 until I can't find a friendly server to play on.
Hordack The Dark
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Thank you for the information Hordack, I find your second post much more useful.

When it comes to negative campaigning, it doesn't matter if what you say about others is a fact or not. You are still trying to sell to us a server experience based on what is wrong with someone else's server and not by telling us what your server is capable of. Your second post is much more detailed, positive and constructive for helping people make a decision about where to play. :)
The only constant is change.
jeh1736
Commoner
Commoner

Post by jeh1736 »

wdpepsiman wrote:the information was recieved IC by Raven but however the char who told her recieved it OOC so it was claimed i used OOC info.
If this is the time I think it is, then it was me, and he claimed it was OOC but I say it was IC.

You be the judge...here's briefly what happened:

I have a knight/paladin char that would detect evil while in the keep to see who he should keep an eye on. Well Sir Ry'gar was right by me when I did this one day, so I saw his evil heart (I had no clue IC or OOC who he was at this point). From that point on, I kept an eye on him, like I did with many others that I sensed evil in.

Although this char was not a Hunter, he was a friend of the Hunters. While talking to Raven, I found out about the Order of the White Rose, which peaked my interest being a knight. Then she told me who was in charge, and thats when I told her how I saw Kazra in his heart, and that he was no knight of Vor. (I did not know he had BG levels just that he was evil).

It turns out that he wanted Blackguard levels, so he was evil to gain them, and I happened to sense him while he was gaining what he wanted. I guess he was only evil to gain levels, but he played IC that he wasn't. And that is why he claimed that it was OOC knowledge, which I disagree with. I think he should have just used his "dark years" in his rp and how he returned to Vor. Not the approach that the detect evil did not work on him, since he only was evil to gain levels.

Anyway, I guess that means I will not be welcome there also. Oh well, I will be on BSK2 anyway.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Hordack,

How many chances should a person get? Why should a server owner give an avowed trouble maker on one server a chance to make trouble on their own?

If you want peoples opinions of you to change, you might consider changing the behavior that creates the opinions in the first place.

Or you can just broadcast that your not going to change regardless of.... wait... my bad.... you already did that:
Hordack wrote: PSS - Dont worry Hordack be on BSK2 so better watch you coin bags, but I still plan to continue play Nwn1 until I can't find a friendly server to play on.
If your determined to be someone that is not welcome on any server, why are you surprised when your not welcomed?

Is there some level of trouble, unrest, grief or damage that a server owner should be required to accept before they can tell those who are unwelcome, that they are unwelcome?

----

As for Pepsiman... Banning you over a disagreement about whether something was IC or OOC does seem a bit overdone, but on the bright side, you have more time to play other places :)

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

I don't know that being a good RPed pick pocket was a crime in the nwn world and being banned for it well *shrugs* what is the world coming to?

Hordy
Hordack The Dark
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I stopped going to Windhill when the DM's went wonky ... all the BS in town and killing people ... too much for me .... adios Windhill
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Hordack wrote:I don't know that being a good RPed pick pocket was a crime in the nwn world and being banned for it well *shrugs* what is the world coming to?

Hordy
You would not want to be on ToN then. PP is banned.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

driller wrote:Actually, the same thing happened to my brother when he joined.

-driller
viobane wrote:Ah, the drama. Maybe that's it, Hordy? LOL!
*shrugs* Isn't your brother WD_Pepsiman? I guess there's his response above.

Why would anyone want someone on a server they created, no matter where their inspiration comes from, if they had a poor experience with them anywhere else?

I'd think that would be common sense. What we're hearing here are people who had bad interactions with the server owners at Newcastle. Why would we or should we expect any other sort of response?

Here's an idea? When you're playing NWN, act kindly toward others, EVEN IF YOU PLAY EVIL. It is possible. You have to play by informing the person what you're doing via tells and then RP it out from there. Not doing so is your choice, but then you just end up looking like an ass.

And karma's a... Well, you know what it is.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Well wdpepsiman you can always play on LoT. If folks behave it's not a problem. They only get bounced if they misbehave. Even Warlock shows up there from time to time. He's not a problem and behaves.

We really have a very short list of folks who could not play with others and were banned. Most understand the rules and there is no problems.
The world is a strange place.