Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ POLL

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Best assasin build your opinions

Rogue/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Ranger/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Monk/ASsasin/Shadow Dancer
15%
Fighter/Weapon Master/Assasin
No votes
Fighter/monk/Assasin
No votes
Other Please add a post and explain
15%

Total votes: 20

wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Post by wildpirate »

Wow alot to thinkabot and I will consider eveyones great posts. I know I need screen shots etc. Now how do I advertise :)

Thanks all.

I still cant decide what would be the most fun but lets say I started with a ranger so far :)
"Let Players be Players, but goobers are always goobers"
Thats which doesnt kill me may maim me and make me miserable forever

Single. cute, employed and attracts crazy women
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Yeah Berf, the fact that everyone, thier grandma and the nieghbors poodle has Freedom, Mind Immunity, Level/Ability Drain Immunity and a plethra of others, makes many class skills useless.

Taking into count the forged items, I would say a Cleric15/Rogue24/SD1 or a Paladin18/Ranger21/SD1 would be fair builds.

The Cl/Ro/SD would have many Rogue specialty feats to augment the Clerical buffs and unsoaked damage.

The Pa/Rn/SD would have Bane, On Hit: Dispell, the unsoaked damage, HiPS and a few nice buffs. They could be a Strength build, but they would lose UMD and that could be a deal breaker for some people.

Heh... a +20 Scythe (x4 crits), keen, and forged to the nines... striking from the shadows ... if the characters Charisma were only 20... a crit including Divine Might and Divine Favor, would be 40 unsoaked.. from the Scythe HA forged to it cancelling enemy buffs.... Add in the 1.5 Strength damage, etc ...OUCH!

Even as a strength based build, it should be easy enoughto get a buffed Charisma up to the middle 20's or into the thirthies.

or, instead of the Scythe, take a Dwarven Axe.... the Godly Dwarven axe. Forge it Keen and HA

If your worried about the HiPS for a Paladin/Ranger/SD, don't...:

Rangers have spells for +24 hide, you can select feats and skills for up to 68. The rings give +12, there is robes with +10 and cloaks with +10 for a Hide of 124 without any worry for Dexerity.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Rangers have spells for +24 hide, you can select feats and skills for up to 68. The rings give +12, there is robes with +10 and cloaks with +10 for a Hide of 124 without any worry for Dexerity.

Myle
I have seen the robes with +10 but I have never seen the cloak with +10, where could I get one of them? I would pay GREATLY!!!

Even if I had to sell Cal's soul to a DM God for one, it could happen! :twisted:
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

i´m doing a paladin 15 rogue 24 sd 1 build (Berforam Huollopainen) here and it looks great, just dont posted it here before cuz it is not an "assassins build" but it kills better then other assassins. lol
- epid dodge, div might, div shield, HIPs, improved two weapom fighting for 2 rapiers weilding (+20 HA and/or vorpal) and focused on listen.
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
If your worried about the HiPS for a Paladin/Ranger/SD, don't...:

Rangers have spells for +24 hide, you can select feats and skills for up to 68. The rings give +12, there is robes with +10 and cloaks with +10 for a Hide of 124 without any worry for Dexerity.

Myle
(Ranger Spells of +24 Hide) + (1 MD Scroll) = Dead Sneaker! :D
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Berforam wrote:But myle, isnt assassins death attack to have a small chance to HOLd (paralisis) the target and not stun ?

that?s why i do not like assassins much, thet get no epic dodge as rogues, they have no crippiling strike and everyone has freedom (of coursae the on hit hold will work very well on low magic servers, but here at BSk i would rather build a rogue and RP it an assassin).

Yeah, that's why they suck for PvP on BSK. I made a Ranger 9/SD1/AS30 that got 52 DEX, all the Hide and MS feats, had a DC of 48 on his Death Attack........but hardly anyone on BSK would be affected.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Dyremoore »

Yeah, that's why they suck for PvP on BSK.
And thats why I like BSK. I left another server that had gotten so PvP, the admins didn't know what to nerf next. Pretty soon, everyone wanted a customized advantage for PvP, and the server began having major issues with every aspect of the game, including hackers editing script and hiding it to FUBAR the game just to have a PvP advantage. Some of you know the place.

Anyway, I enjoy the game "as is". If your focus isn't on PvP, but rather on RP and a great time... This server is good for that. The arena is always available for PvP, and if you don't like the available builds - go "uber-build" on a server that will accomodate. Let those of us who enjoy BSK continue to enjoy it, please. :wink:
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

There are uber builds here, but even so they can be taken down, specially if you don´t obey ooc pvp duel rules (no timestop, heal, harm...) hehehe
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Yes. Duels are an odd thing.

The combatants fight in a confined space.
People prebuff.
Arcanists can't use Timestop.
Divinists can't use Harm or Implosion.
Sneaks can't... sneak..
Warriors are allowed to Crit all they want.
Nobody is suppose to heal. ... but if you cast Regenerate a few times in a row at the end of your buffing, so it gives a stacking 6+ rounds for something like +24 regen per round, thats ok.

This is supposed to be honorable.

With such limitations, there is no way to really gauge a winner.

"Yeah! I won the tourny!..."

Big deal, 90% of your opposition was not allowed to use thier full potiential. Many duels are won far off in the Forge chamber long before the match starts.

If you want a real duel:

Fight in an open area.
Choose your start locations.
No prebuffs.
No restrictions.
Count to 3 and start.

Suddenly the Paladin/WM/Clerics and the Paladin/WM/PM's lose thier edge.
In a real duel, those crazy Exausted Souress builds will mop up anyone, save maybe... A good AA build... A little range would make the under appreciated AA's more of a threat.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS

= Dead AA
= Dead ANYTHING.

that's 960 damage without retaliation... oh noes.
swap max IGMS for timestop and use horrids instead, it makes no difference. In NWN, mages own everything, unless they get nerfed.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS

= Dead AA
= Dead ANYTHING.

swap max IGMS for timestop and use horrids instead, it makes no difference. In NWN, mages own everything, unless they get nerfed.
Mages are supposed to own everything, until their spells run out.

Then they turn into nothing more than a commoner with an odd skill set and a bunch of forged items.

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

I'm kind of fond of Ranger 9, SD 3, the rest Assasin. This build terrorizes Umgah's - you will paralyze almost all of them, and let your party finish them off.

One thing to note: As you all know, my thinking is pretty unorthodox. If played out, you can have an assasin who is neutral or even good, even though the mechanical alignment is evil. RL model for this is Army/Marine snipers. I know a bunch of these fellas. Not all of them are evil, a few though.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS

= Dead AA
= Dead ANYTHING.

Myle
at which point, they cast greater sancuary and use a town portal. and then they rest in the No-PvP temple, smile to themselves, rinse and repeat.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:
ST_DM_Myle wrote:
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS
timestop + max IGMS

= Dead AA
= Dead ANYTHING.

Myle
at which point, they cast greater sancuary and use a town portal. and then they rest in the No-PvP temple, smile to themselves, rinse and repeat.
The conclusion of it all can be summed up in one word:

Pwned.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

or: 1337.