Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ POLL

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Best assasin build your opinions

Rogue/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Ranger/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Monk/ASsasin/Shadow Dancer
15%
Fighter/Weapon Master/Assasin
No votes
Fighter/monk/Assasin
No votes
Other Please add a post and explain
15%

Total votes: 20

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

jackybaby wrote:
wildpirate wrote:Thanks to all and Babydoll in all her hotness :wink:
I totally agree with you, she is hot like salsa picante de nana funkenstein.
Stop to listening to Rob Zombie I tells ya, he ain't da pimp, Louis Farrakhan is!
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

My Nizzle, I know Louis is the Main Pimp *G-Sign*

That's not Zombie btw. That's straight up Infectious Grooves, Sarsipius' Ark.
Now, My Nizzle, in case you don't know who Infectious Grooves is, I'll tell you. It is a funkadelic exploration into the frontal lobe of Suicidal Tendancies' own, Mike Muir.
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

Oh, Ranger/ Rogue/ Shadow Dancer by the way. That's got all the possibilties to do what it is you're looking to do. May I suggest more than 9 Ranger though. Try to get at least 15 for four FE's. Any less than that, and you're limiting your scope as far as targets go.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

wildpirate wrote:Thanks

I now want to know if I can get dispensation to be a PK assasin within rules of course...
I love the idea of a pro assasin training on random PCs in the wilds basically a target every 5 levels etc, screen shots to show the hunt and then the kill for perspective employers :)
HMMM I hope a dm allows me the leniancy to have a great deal of fun.
I have been an avid D&D fan since ummm 1981 yes I started damn young LOL

seen nearly all the game systems come and go from 1st edition to 3.5.
I dont buy the books anymore since edition 2 I had every one so now my fix is through the computer.
Sounds to me like you are asking for permission to be an exception to the rules. Personally, I make exception for no-one when it comes to the core server rules, and that includes myself.

Thus, here's a link to the rules:
http://www.thewastelands.org/viewtopic.php?t=16

I highly suggest you read them over THUROUGHLY. If you break the rules, then you suffer whatever consequences anyone else who breaks them does.

This is my view,

~Demitri
Animal
Knight
Knight

Post by Animal »

lets just say you happen to be an assassin and a darn good one... one who has such a measure of success that no one would agree to a pk in their right mind? with some of the pk builds I have read...it pure death to mess around with a properly built pkiller... so I guess no matter what the situation has it limits. The rules here just arent condusive to that and frankly I dont see away around it unless someone agrees to be pkilled.

ya dont everyone raise their hand at once to get pkilled.

too bad its a cool concept ... I wonder if theres a script that could controll it or a playerflag you could check off that states your up for pk anytime? or something like an augmented death script?

something like getting shot with a paintball vs getting shot with a .45?

shrug-
Animal
Animal
Knight
Knight

Post by Animal »

jackybaby wrote:My Nizzle, I know Louis is the Main Pimp *G-Sign*

Now, My Nizzle, in case you don't know who Infectious Grooves is, I'll tell you. It is a funkadelic exploration into the frontal lobe of Suicidal Tendancies' own, Mike Muir.

and its awesome btw...

good call !
animal :twisted:
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

Animal wrote:
jackybaby wrote:My Nizzle, I know Louis is the Main Pimp *G-Sign*

and its awesome btw...

good call !
animal :twisted:
Yeah Buddy! Animal knows how to roll.
Sprick it down!
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

cleric 20 rg 19 sd 1 with epic dodge - one weapom + large shield or ranged
ranger 23 rg 16 sd 1 with epic dodge, two small weapoms or ranged.

those 2 are really effective even against targets imune to sneaks

now for targets that arent imune to sneaks go to rg wm sd, i would sugest a rogue 32 Wm 7 sd 1 with dual kuris weilding and epic dodge.

or maybe a monk 1 rg 37 sd 2 with 2 kamas weilding and epic dodge. (for like 10 attacks per round if u have haste, flurry activated, imp two weapom fighting and divine power scroll)

rogue 29 fighter 10 sd 1 with epic dodge, self concealement 5, epic weapom focus and epic weapom especialization focused on ranged weapom and dont forget called shot. this builds works against PMs too, but not as good as the first and second.

btw.. i think a build with both rogue and assassin classes toguether is a waste if you think about PvP side of it.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Not taking gear into account, a good build would be:

Cleric15 /SD10 /As15

War Domain
Strength Domain
Divine Favor: Unsoakable Magical damage
Divine Might: Unsoakable Divine damage
UMD
Tumble
Epic Dodge
Death Attack 8d6
As: On Hit:Stun
HiPS

You are a bit buff dependent and your spell penetration wil be weak, but you can go mostly Dex which will benifit your AC and your AB. Use of the rapier will mean people will gear up to defend your piercing damage, but you will deal more damage with Divine Might and Divine Favor anyways, which they will not be able to soak. Buff your Charisma to even just 20 and that will be a minimal of 10 unsoaked damage.

Cast a Summons scroll and you will be able to keep your foe engaged in other targets and therefore force the Death Attack damage.

If your greedy you can try for 18 Wisdom and 8th level clerical spells, but at 15th level, your just as well off being a scroll junky. Focus on Dex, Chr, and to a lesser degree Int. Other Ability points can be nursed with buffs or Forged items.

You will want lots of scrolls. Druid/Ranger spells which improve Hide is a good start. Druidic Owl's Insight with Owl's Wisdom will help your spot once you cast Truesight. Bard/Mage spells which highten awareness will help protect from other sneakers...

etc...

The focus on Dex will also allow you to toy with bows for some cheap ranged shots... if you hit :)

Considering how much a few forged items can dramatically improve a character, you might be better off with the Ranger/As/SD or Monk/As/SD. Just depents on your access to forged items and the concept of your character.

Lastly, keep to the server rules regarding PvP.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

To me, it comes down to what it Always comes down to: Can you RP your char such that it's believeable to the victim; and, will that victim honor your rp:

ex:

TELL to Player A: *Appears from out of the shadows and puts a dagger to the back of your neck* Your death will bring about my success!

TELL to Player B: *Does not see the assassin coming and is taken by suprise* What must I do to avoid this untimely demise?

TELL to Player A: I must have your head to present to my superiors. There is no other way *Attempts to dismemeber the head*

TELL: to Player B: *convulses and succumbs to the dagger - Lies dead on the ground*

Obviously, there can be variations to this, based on dicerolls, skil checks, etc. But nonetheless, it's up to each and everyone to decide what their char will do in a given situation, rememberiing hopefully that no char is impervious to EVERYTHING - even Superman had a weakness
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Assassin is such a loose term. if you want a real assassin make them a mage. simple as. 10 timestops and 10 horrids is enough to wither the best of us.

but if you HAVE to be a sneaker fighter/WM/Asn is powerful with the right gear.
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

But myle, isnt assassins death attack to have a small chance to HOLd (paralisis) the target and not stun ?

that´s why i do not like assassins much, thet get no epic dodge as rogues, they have no crippiling strike and everyone has freedom (of coursae the on hit hold will work very well on low magic servers, but here at BSk i would rather build a rogue and RP it an assassin).
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

but yeah, if u REALLY want an assassin and not a rogue, so go for ranger 23 Assassin 16 sd 1 focused on longbow or something like monk 10 assassin 25 sd 5 with 2 kamas weilding + epic dodge.
Dyremoore
Commoner
Commoner

Rogue/Assassin/SD

Post by Dyremoore »

I play a Rogue/Assassin/SD, and I am very satisfied with the character. My focus is not on PvP though. I use the shadow dancing abilities to avoid retaliation from the npc's that I engage. Then I redirect a death attack from another angle. I know that this build doesn't have the pkilling ability that you might be looking for, but it does have a lot of "adventure group" potential and support ability.

If your sights are set on PvP, you might try a different server with focus on such for that character build. That will avoid the personal conflicts with the many that don't want to PvP. (Not to mention risk of rules violations)

I have met Pk'rs who try to find a loop-hole in the posted rules, stating specific quotes that don't directly say what they are implying or doing...
It's blather. The DM's have made it clear what is and isn't acceptable and I'm sure that trying to justify YOUR actions on THEIR server won't go well for your character in the long run. :wink:
"...we will restore chaos and order."

Key toons:
Kra'kk Bone'zz
Elvis Shadowmaker
Bloodfangz (son of Kra'kk)