Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ POLL

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Best assasin build your opinions

Rogue/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Ranger/Assasin/Shadow Dancer
35%
Monk/ASsasin/Shadow Dancer
15%
Fighter/Weapon Master/Assasin
No votes
Fighter/monk/Assasin
No votes
Other Please add a post and explain
15%

Total votes: 20

wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ POLL

Post by wildpirate »

I always played good guy PC.
I want to try an consumate proffesional assasin online. I was wondering if you can get contracts from other players ? Is this allowed ? I was also wondering about the thieves guild ? where is it ? If I am an Assasin class can I gain access ?
If I am out hunting and need to practice my people hunting skills can I just walk up in stealth and practice on a PC without trouble from DMS ?
I was also wondering if Ranger Improved fighting two weapon Kama Stacks with MONK abilities for attacks ? in other words would I gain all the monk benefits if I went cross class Ranger/Monk
I am thinking of an oriental type assasin ranger/assasin/shadow dancer
or Ranger/monk/assasin.

OF course the BUILD depends on the answers I get her.
I feel that I am mature enough as a player to RP this char well and he would make an excellent addtion to the BSK world.

Please respond in detail. :twisted: Thanks in advance. :evil:
wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Post by wildpirate »

in theory if you played it well but its not what I am building
hmmm fighter/priest/shadowdancer
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Ranger/Rogue/SD, Rogue/WM/SD or Rogue/Fighter/SD.

Good luck to ya.
wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Post by wildpirate »

I have a great many questions in my first post on this TOPIC can someone please answer those questions !!!!!
Thanks in advance.
Animal
Knight
Knight

Re: Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ P

Post by Animal »

WP= I always played good guy PC.
me= ew hehe time to break the mold a bit eh?

wp= I want to try an consumate proffesional assasin online. I was wondering if you can get contracts from other players ? Is this allowed ?

me= although it maybe some really fun rp I would remind you that concentual pkilling is more the norm here so how could you arrange a contract based on that unless the intended victim was ok with the pk attempt, that takes the surprise away...

wp= I was also wondering about the thieves guild ? where is it ?

me= I dont think many ppl will give spoilers in the fourm its mostly frowned on find the guild through rp ;)

wp=If I am an Assasin class can I gain access ?
me= why not? though its up to the guildmasters of course

wp=If I am out hunting and need to practice my people hunting skills can I just walk up in stealth and practice on a PC without trouble from DMS ?

me= define practice... you can practice moving stealthly anytime you want just expect more then a few questions if your discovered and be prepaired to rp them, to practice stealth kills? um... ya I could see a dm getting involved over that.

wp=I was also wondering if Ranger Improved fighting two weapon Kama Stacks with MONK abilities for attacks ? in other words would I gain all the monk benefits if I went cross class Ranger/Monk

me= I would look at the bioware epic class build grps on their website maybe even join that clan so you can read all the builds and decide what is best for ya.

wp=I am thinking of an oriental type assasin ranger/assasin/shadow dancer or Ranger/monk/assasin.

me= solid if you ask me...but I dont really concentrate on pkilling and with this servers pk rules you may find a massive epic pkbuild isnt whats needed to have fun.

wp=OF course the BUILD depends on the answers I get her.
I feel that I am mature enough as a player to RP this char well and he would make an excellent addtion to the BSK world.

me= well thats good, the world doesnt need more immature greifing lamer pkillers that speek leet talk and use the shout channel alot.

Please respond in detail. :twisted: Thanks in advance. :evil:

er thats about as detailed as I get. the best advice in there is still to seek out the epic build grps on bioware... you'll get instant answers to your build questions and with hundreds of posts to read about this build and that it will keep you busy for awhile.

-=Rawr=-
wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Post by wildpirate »

THANKS A BUNCH :) Animal

I may need special dispensation from the DM to do what I need to do then.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Re: Assasin and PK Questions Galore !!!! PLEASE RESPOND @ P

Animal wrote: wp=I was also wondering if Ranger Improved fighting two weapon Kama Stacks with MONK abilities for attacks ? in other words would I gain all the monk benefits if I went cross class Ranger/Monk
Max attacks you can get per round are 10. Dualwielding Kamas with that flurry of blows thingy.
wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Post by wildpirate »

Thanks

I now want to know if I can get dispensation to be a PK assasin within rules of course...
I love the idea of a pro assasin training on random PCs in the wilds basically a target every 5 levels etc, screen shots to show the hunt and then the kill for perspective employers :)
HMMM I hope a dm allows me the leniancy to have a great deal of fun.
I have been an avid D&D fan since ummm 1981 yes I started damn young LOL

seen nearly all the game systems come and go from 1st edition to 3.5.
I dont buy the books anymore since edition 2 I had every one so now my fix is through the computer.
"Let Players be Players, but goobers are always goobers"
Thats which doesnt kill me may maim me and make me miserable forever

Single. cute, employed and attracts crazy women
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

wildpirate wrote:Thanks

I now want to know if I can get dispensation to be a PK assasin within rules of course...
I love the idea of a pro assasin training on random PCs in the wilds basically a target every 5 levels etc, screen shots to show the hunt and then the kill for perspective employers :)
HMMM I hope a dm allows me the leniancy to have a great deal of fun.
I have been an avid D&D fan since ummm 1981 yes I started damn young LOL

seen nearly all the game systems come and go from 1st edition to 3.5.
I dont buy the books anymore since edition 2 I had every one so now my fix is through the computer.
Follow the rules and get on with it already. (Remembers Artimus Dark'skinge the assassin...)
BabydollJennifer
Baron
Baron

Post by BabydollJennifer »

You can also try "Boot Camp" to test your builds. The download for it can be found on NW valult web site. It's easy and fun to pre-build and test... even I can do it *smiles*.
wildpirate
Knight
Knight

Post by wildpirate »

Thanks to all and Babydoll in all her hotness :wink:
"Let Players be Players, but goobers are always goobers"
Thats which doesnt kill me may maim me and make me miserable forever

Single. cute, employed and attracts crazy women
Vannevar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Vannevar »

not forget to speak OOC with the contract giver and the target to be sure both agree on this role play "screen shot too can be a good idea" , yes after the target will know an assassin run after him "or her" but this will just make the hunting more interesting.
†horval Danthan.
Sturm Danthan.
Markarius Andraveyn.
Vektrean Elven Master Crafter.
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

wildpirate wrote:Thanks to all and Babydoll in all her hotness :wink:
I totally agree with you, she is hot like salsa picante de nana funkenstein.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Voted range/asn/SD. simply for favoured enemies RP-wise, and death attacks, and HiPS. also gets 4 main hand attacks/round, which is another xd6 sneak damage.

i'd recommend 9ranger/3SD/8asn pre epic, and finish it with 9ranger/5SD/26asn. i'm sure you could re-arrange it for more feats, but i havn't done builds in a long time.

i'll think it out if you want?

PFWG