The Fate of Blackstone

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

driller -- when you say the 12th, do you mean the server will be open through the 12th or will it go down at midnight.

I want to be there to say "hey" to some folks who might pop in.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will kill it Saturday morning.

-driller
Fenrip wrote:driller -- when you say the 12th, do you mean the server will be open through the 12th or will it go down at midnight.

I want to be there to say "hey" to some folks who might pop in.
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Can ya give me a time for GMT when it'll go please...wanna pop in, say ma goodbyes

*goodbyes = kill umgah mages some more*
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

Dan you kill me buddy , you knock the server and say things like "And you wonder why people are leaving the server" then ask when its finaly going down so you can kill umgahs lol.
"I'll miss you most of all ScareCrow"- Dorothy :P
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
klin brightaxe
Commoner
Commoner

Post by klin brightaxe »

ToN is somewhat similar to the pw found on the vault Age of shadows as well. How do I know? i am a former admin of the server among the mists, which is where the admin of TON went to after BSK. please understand I am not trying to fan any flames here as I have since moved on from nwn into game design myself. TON uses ideas from a number of different servers as well as some original ideas of its admins. While it is not my thing to use other peoples work as my own. It sometimes works for others.

Driller, myle, raven, anyone else I forgot :)
I am sorry to hear bsk is done in nwn 1 form but I do hope the nwn 2 form of it does even better. I haven’t been on in a long time due to real life taking more time than I have. Hopefully in a few months here ill get nwn 2 and check it out.

take care
klin
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Dan you kill me buddy , you knock the server and say things like "And you wonder why people are leaving the server" then ask when its finaly going down so you can kill umgahs lol.
"I'll miss you most of all ScareCrow"- Dorothy
Not the server Nick..just SOME DM's and players. Have always thought BSK ruled.
Accutronal
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Accutronal »

It's such a shame to see BSK vanish from the NWN arena. :evil:

I've come to love the place in the few months I've been a regular player there. :P

In my view, NWN STILL cuts the mustard when it comes to fun game playing - so what if it's not as "beautiful" as NWN2, it runs very well and is believable.

I've started playing on Newcastle - it looks very nice and seems to offer fun and there are a lot of good people on there (many ex-BSK).

So goodbye, and hello again, as always... :D

Al, Caversham, UK
Aka To-me-Kupa, Thrud the Barbarian, Aleesha Patokka, Thump yer heed and a few other miscreants.
Wzorin
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wzorin »

*my cry goes all the way from Brighton UK to Drillers ears wherever he is*
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :x
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

well .. just wanted to say thanks driller for hosting up this server so long and making us have fun..

take care, dunno if we will meet each other again. anaway bud, take care and god bless you

see ya
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

This really stinks, but I guess it is time. I have been playing on BSK for what feels like 4 or 5 years... Time seems to get jumbled up at times. This is by far the best server on the net and I need to get on and get my characters off the server vault.

Thanks Driller for all you have done for us all and I look forward to playing on BSK II.

Hope to see you all again soon. I think I will check out NEWCASTLE.

:wink: :crybaby: :shock:
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Well if anyone is looking for a NWN1 server you can go to LoT. We just updated it with a unique socket system (NBS tweeked Driller's system that was in the vault so it does a lot more), subraces, new loot generator and more. There is also several group rps going on and some great DMs. 65.173.91.24:5150. Or visit the website at http://legendsoftalanith.com and click on the forums.

There are several guilds running and looking for more members. Brightaxe (dwarves), Arcane Conclave (mages), Starkson, Drow House, and a few others starting up. And the DMs run weekly events. More things planned too.
The world is a strange place.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

If you are into NWN2 you will not find a better server to play on than BSK at this time , trust me Ive played them all . However , If you are like me and the aesthetics of NWN2 have already lost its luster and you choose to play NWN I strongly recommend going to Jazelle's server LoT . Tal'anith is much like the original BSK w/ considerably more player options . No server will ever take the place of the original and no matter how many servers plagerize it (yeah Im talking about ToN) Its done . If you are looking for a good RP Lite server w/ good people and great DM's give LoT a try , it's very obvious Jaz and Myle took a lot of time and care into making a great mod . If you are looking for a more hardcore RP server I suggest Aertheca .
Once again though if you dig NWN2 BlackStone Keep is where it's at .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Eldora Blackwood
Knight
Knight

Post by Eldora Blackwood »

For those dedicated to NWN1 ... another nice server is Windhill.

A few of us have settled there .... the DM's are fair ... the RP is good ... and there's plenty of stuff to keep the adventurer happy.

Why not stop by and try the server ... v15 is due in a few weeks and we're all looking forward to the updates and new stuff that will bring.
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

This is unfortunate and exciting at the same time. I'm very sad I won't get MotB until Xmas. I thought the level cap was 30, otherwise I would've been back long ago :( but it's 40, right? That's a really good move on their part. I bet MotB doubled the player base
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Dugaru327 wrote:This is unfortunate and exciting at the same time. I'm very sad I won't get MotB until Xmas. I thought the level cap was 30, otherwise I would've been back long ago :( but it's 40, right? That's a really good move on their part. I bet MotB doubled the player base
The level cap is 30 not 40 for MoTB
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya