The Fate of Blackstone

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

I have played on Blackstone on and off for several years now and always enjoyed the time I spent on the server. I finally got a couple of lvl 40 chars and was working on building a crafter when I heard the bad news of the server going down. I hope that the server remains up until after the release of MOTB to see if they improved the horrible NWN2. Thanks Driller
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

What's up with the Blackstone Keep mod that's on now? Ugh! Was this like the original BSK and Driller's having a flashback due to those large doobies he's been toking? :D I'm joking! Geez. It's the alcohol. :P
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

We had a good event going about Blackstone's time warp. I had to go to bed and a trusted player took over. Not sure how it turned out. Did the mystery get solved?

I am putting up the second part of Blackstone. It was another module I did called The Waste. I ended up merging the two together. Another good look at the history of BSK.

-driller
jeh1736
Commoner
Commoner

Post by jeh1736 »

driller wrote:We had a good event going about Blackstone's time warp. I had to go to bed and a trusted player took over. Not sure how it turned out. Did the mystery get solved?

I am putting up the second part of Blackstone. It was another module I did called The Waste. I ended up merging the two together. Another good look at the history of BSK.

-driller
I started an IC thread on the event. The mystery continues...

viewtopic.php?t=1475
Nizzle
Count
Count

Post by Nizzle »

tropiofCancer wrote:Guys..Its time to put NWN in the drawer with Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale . Im telling you BSK2 is reeeaaal swank these days and I haven't felt a drop of lag . I mean..Does anyone here still play a Sega or an Atari?BSK isnt dead Driller just moved it on another platform . Im talking to you, Jack , Jen, Nizzle , Fenrip etc. Come on down :P
As BSK turns its final page, I feel that I must do the same. As many of you may or may not have noticed, I've been absent for a while now and I have enough on my plate for the time coming and I have to be focused on my career, school and things of that nature. I know this is in conflict with my earlier statement, but situations change rather quickly, it would seem.

People wishing to contact me, know where to do so, and if not, just send me a PM.

NWN2 will have to wait.
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
It may be he shall take my hand
Lead me into his dark land
Close my eyes and quench my breath
I have a rendezvous with Death
I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous
BabydollJennifer
Baron
Baron

Post by BabydollJennifer »

Bad news for me and Jacky. :cry:

Jack logged on to BSK2 last night and it seems our ISP is yet again thwarting our fun. The delay with the satellite connection is to much to run it.

We may have access to a wireless network in the coming months, but there is no way to tell yet if we will be under the umbrella of coverage. *fingers crossed*

[-o<
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

For the sake of everyone. I have put the normal BSK back up.

To clarify I mean until the 12th.

-driller
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

Driller is there any news of whether or not the blackstone keep is going to be controlled by the person you were telling us about and whether he is interesting in keeping BSK1 up while you work on BSK2
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

driller wrote:For the sake of everyone. I have put the normal BSK back up.

-driller
Geez Driller.. I had just roleld a character and got to 3rd level in the earlier BSK.. and it was pretty cool! Now that's out and the old BSK is back.. and now that's out on the 12th...

Not complaining.. would just like some consistency...

:-)
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I am consistently inconsistent.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:

-driller
Geez Driller.. I had just roleld a character and got to 3rd level in the earlier BSK.. and it was pretty cool! Now that's out and the old BSK is back.. and now that's out on the 12th...

Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

driller wrote:I am consistently inconsistent.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:

-driller

No worries boss.. whatever mod you put up.. I"m playin. I really dig like that 1st version.. "the wastes"... it was pretty cool...
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Wzorin
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Wzorin »

Sorry peolple I just dont get it. Could someone explain me why EXACTLY is the old BSK going to be turned off :?: Thanks a bunch!
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I think there are as many answers to that as there are players here. driller holds the real answer. My sense is that jackassery and improvements to NWN II are the primary motivators but I could be wrong.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There are several reasons.

Time to move on to a new challenge. I have been ready since the first time I took it down. The only reason I put it back up was incessant requests. Plus I felt strangely obligated in some way.

Recently the player count has been steadily declining. I saw this as a perfect opportunity as the players had somewhere to go. There are three servers that I know of made by ex-BSK players. LoT(Kildar), Windhill and Newcastle. I don't think Highland Saga still runs an NWN1 server so I don't count it. I am sure all will be fine places to play. Admin issues with certain players aside.

-driller
Wzorin wrote:Sorry peolple I just dont get it. Could someone explain me why EXACTLY is the old BSK going to be turned off :?: Thanks a bunch!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Highland Saga only ran their NWN2 server, last i heard. havn't been in contact with them for a while though.