Disarm, Kill, Take. Maybe?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Disarm, Kill, Take. Maybe?

Post by halfogre0520 »

Hokay, I'm not really into PvP, but if RPd, I suppose I would. Now, if my character has Improved Disarm, and separates another character from their weapon then kills him/her, can my character appropriate the disarmed weapon? Of course this is before the obligatory Raise Dead.
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

No you can not you have to give it back to the owner if it does happen, but there is already a script in place that when you disarm someone else it goes back into their inventory or at least it should.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Occasionally, the weapon will fall to the ground. Ask Shaggy about that one. He wasn't very happy when Dan-O pranked him and picked it up in the middle of a duel.

HalfOgre: While this idea seems logical initially. Consider the amount of griefing/wep stealing that would go along with this. The amt of whining that would ensue would be astronomical. Some peeps (myself included) have spent entirely too much time and effort acquiring those weapons.

If this were a normal server, without forged equip, then I could maybe see that happening. But some weapons just can't be found and bought for a quick hundred grand.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Not only has a weapon dropped when I've used Imp disarm..I've also had weapons fall into my inventory..a strange, but pleasant experiance..for me anyway :-)

Sup Thanny?
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

In a perfect world full of players who played fair and respected eachother, this would work fine. Unfortunately, the only people you can depend to behave as the should are those who you have played with long enough to 'know and trust'... in so much that complete strangers half-way across the world can be known or trusted.

Nage and Thantos are both correct. The script was put in place do to griefing, but like any script, sometimes it bugs and does not perform as advertised.

If you have an RP agrreement with another player, however, to honor the transfer of an item on disarm, then that mutual agreement would be just fine. In fact, most server rules that govern player interaction are designed to mediate neutral or hostile conflicts. If all parties involved are in agreement, you can beat the heck out of eachother however you want as long as your careful about bystanders.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

So in theory, if nothing was agreed upon in the first place, and the script did not fire, and my character took the weapon from the ground after killing the other character, I don't have to give it back? :D
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

halfogre0520 wrote:So in theory, if nothing was agreed upon in the first place, and the script did not fire, and my character took the weapon from the ground after killing the other character, I don't have to give it back? :D
Depending on who you did this too...you could expect a serious repurcussion. If nothing's agreed upon and the script doesn't fire...I'd leave the weapon where it's at LOL
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Thanatos wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote:So in theory, if nothing was agreed upon in the first place, and the script did not fire, and my character took the weapon from the ground after killing the other character, I don't have to give it back? :D
Depending on who you did this too...you could expect a serious repurcussion. If nothing's agreed upon and the script doesn't fire...I'd leave the weapon where it's at LOL
And what? Wait for the auto-cleanup script to fire? There's a nasty wake up call. Nah, better to ransom the weapon back. :twisted:
- Paul Fix
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

halfogre0520 wrote:
Thanatos wrote:
And what? Wait for the auto-cleanup script to fire? There's a nasty wake up call. Nah, better to ransom the weapon back. :twisted:
That's where the serious repurcussion part kicks in.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

A dose of common sense and common courtesy should apply here. If you wind up with someone's ultra-forged wep in your inventory, give it back - as you would like your own returned. If it's on the ground and your opponent is dead, and cant get to his wep, or a reset is forthcoming, pick it up for him/her and return at earliest convenience. This ain't rocket surgery!
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Pfft. If I were in a PvP situation, it would have to be via RP. In which case if my character's uber forged weapon were disarmed frm him and he was subsequently killed, then I'd say adios to my weapon. It's a hazard of PvP. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Unless this had all been agreed upon beforehand as you say.
- Paul Fix
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

DM_Mystic wrote:A dose of common sense and common courtesy should apply here.
Ahhh...but herein lies the problem. That just isn't common anymore. By most the tones of the posts I have read recently and the attitudes many players have been having of late, common courtesy seems to have the same rate as forge drops. Very hard to find. A pity, really...

And people wonder why the veteran players keep wishing for the old days. *shrugs* Maybe someday we'll come back around to a time of consideration and fair play again...maybe.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

DM_Mystic wrote:rocket surgery!
Tiihii..
Lukas_Mandingo
Duke
Duke

Post by Lukas_Mandingo »

HAHA this is funnny that this topic on up because i use disarm with the black knight and i have had their weapons drop to the ground alllll the time and ive seen one time not me, the persons weapon went into the opponants inventory.
~hello iam Lukas Mandingo, just the friendly neighborhood gnome~

lvl 40's-
Lukas Mandingo
Undead Lord
Caldor Bet'e'line
Lefur Nufgenk
and the latest and greatest...~The Black knight~
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Lukas_Mandingo wrote:HAHA this is funnny that this topic on up because i use disarm with the black knight and i have had their weapons drop to the ground alllll the time and ive seen one time not me, the persons weapon went into the opponants inventory.
Ugh...took longer than it should've for me to kill you. Had to keep picking up the wep, swinging, picking up wep, swinging. Rinse and repeat.