Socket gems were are they ?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Socket gems were are they ?

Post by Queen Naga II »

I know this has been touch on before, but felt it needs a revisit.

I have an AA char who has the cube as well, the problem is she is drying up all my socket gems, and I am just not finding enough to even come close to breaking even.

Yesterday a few hours playing her she used up around 2000 arrows or 21 bundles of 99 arrows. All were magical 1d6 with just one socket gem added to each. Hence used 21 socket gems per sa.

I did not get a single socket gem in any drop, no one apart from my travelling merchant player sell socket gems. If they do the price of them is making it impractible now because of the rareness of finding socket gems.

The Cube was a nice inclusion but it getting to the point were it is no longer of any use simple due to the fact that socket gems are getting too rare and/or too expensive to obtain.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I too have noticed a complete scarcity of socket gems and forge gems. I created a second character to see if he could find any. He got a white forge stone, and a green socket gem in 33 levels.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Yep ... I have noticed the same and had the same bad luck. But not as bad as only 2 gems in 33 lvls ... a record. Also include Bloodstone shield and blackstone helms.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I've been picking up sockets and forgies every day. I usually net at least 1 forgie in a few hours of play, plus a socket or two to boot.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Consider yourself lucky then thanny I havent found a forgie in a while ( at least a level 40 character)
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
GoVols
Count
Count

Post by GoVols »

Thanatos wrote:I've been picking up sockets and forgies every day. I usually net at least 1 forgie in a few hours of play, plus a socket or two to boot.
That's with how many luck stones?
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

I think if Driller is going to keep that archer's cube around, he has to put in a vendor for socket stones at least. That way at least there's a supply available. Make em sell for around 5000 each or so. There's never anyone around selling sockets when I'm on. :(
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

eclipse08 wrote:I think if Driller is going to keep that archer's cube around, he has to put in a vendor for socket stones at least. That way at least there's a supply available. Make em sell for around 5000 each or so. There's never anyone around selling sockets when I'm on. :(

Yeah, kinda like a cigarette dispenser.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Thanatos wrote:
eclipse08 wrote:I think if Driller is going to keep that archer's cube around, he has to put in a vendor for socket stones at least. That way at least there's a supply available. Make em sell for around 5000 each or so. There's never anyone around selling sockets when I'm on. :(

Yeah, kinda like a cigarette dispenser.
I'll join "Socketer's Anon" when you do! :D
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If you play the mod as it is meant to be played instead of power leveling your
way through. You might get a few gems.

-driller
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

driller wrote:If you play the mod as it is meant to be played instead of power leveling your

-driller
If by "Meant to be played" you mean stay in an area until the XP is lower than 50 per kill, I've done that. I've spent lots of time in each area hoping the odds of uber drop to amount of enemies killed would tip in my favor once in a while. Hasn't yet.

If by "Meant to be played" you mean RP until my fingers are blue from hitting the keyboard, well I have yet to see anyone under the tree have a forgie drop into their lap because they RPd well.

Just because a forge stone is rare doesn't mean it's valuable. After all, if the people hoarding forge stones don't use them, what good are they to the general public? If the MOD is slowly moving towards a low magic theme, why have forge stones at all? All those neat named items dropping are being sold anyway and not being forged for use. Seems to me it just behooves us players to sell the drops and buy magic items from the vendors and be done with it. Forget the forge stones.

Oh wait, does "Meant to be played" mean to have forged uber items and bully those who don't? HAH! I made a funny. :D
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The drop rate is still the same as it was before, unless you get something better. There are a lot of players who rush to 40, and they miss put on drops because of it.

-driller
eclipse08 wrote:
driller wrote:If you play the mod as it is meant to be played instead of power leveling your

-driller
If by "Meant to be played" you mean stay in an area until the XP is lower than 50 per kill, I've done that. I've spent lots of time in each area hoping the odds of uber drop to amount of enemies killed would tip in my favor once in a while. Hasn't yet.

If by "Meant to be played" you mean RP until my fingers are blue from hitting the keyboard, well I have yet to see anyone under the tree have a forgie drop into their lap because they RPd well.

Just because a forge stone is rare doesn't mean it's valuable. After all, if the people hoarding forge stones don't use them, what good are they to the general public? If the MOD is slowly moving towards a low magic theme, why have forge stones at all? All those neat named items dropping are being sold anyway and not being forged for use. Seems to me it just behooves us players to sell the drops and buy magic items from the vendors and be done with it. Forget the forge stones.

Oh wait, does "Meant to be played" mean to have forged uber items and bully those who don't? HAH! I made a funny. :D
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

Drop rates still the same? Just to let you know Driller, I've been on BSK since the Nachtwolf was last seen. I still have the Bloodstone Choker to prove it. In those days you could find socket gems and forge stones by the handful every day. Murken had tons of them. Now he's got very few and my new character has found one in 33 levels of farming everything from kobolds to undead and orcs to ettins. While I believe the drop rates are still the same, the odds of finding the gems and stones have gone down due to the influx of new items you put into the drop tables some time back. That's just my opinion considering the change.

Here's a thought. Put things into a time warp. Turn back the MOD to a time before your influx of new items and before the changes you made and we'll see if the drop rate changes as well. Give it a week and I'm sure the players will see many more socket stones and forge gems.

If I'm wrong, well... The trip to BSK's past might be just a neat side-effect of my own stupidity. :D

What say you Driller?
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

*sigh* Eclipse. Challenging the owner of the server is never a good thing.

That having been said. I for one have seen maybe three forge stones in 35 levels. The rest I bought or traded for at a hefty markup. I mean really, a million gold for a cobalt? Give me a friggin break.

I will admit I have to agree on the dropped items being just gold fodder for other things. Random abilities on items is an interesting observational pastime. Unfortunately, anything really useful is so polluted with other abilities that just nefs the item being used at a functional level. They are just useful for selling. Errr...did that make sense?
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

driller wrote:The drop rate is still the same as it was before, unless you get something better. There are a lot of players who rush to 40, and they miss put on drops because of it.

-driller
Well Driller, are you saying I am a rush to level 40 with my characters ?

I think not, it takes me an age to level even up to early 30's. I have even remained at certain levels gaining no xp in an attempt to gain socket gems and have still not found any.

More annoyingly lately I have had nothing from a gong drop too and yet again yesterday a gong drop rewarded me for the 3rd time now with a "torch".

I know some here have added forge stones to this thread but my concern here in this thread is socket gems so that I can have a supply for my AA character that went to the trouble of making "The Cube", in what now seems to becoming a grand WHITE ELEPHANT that was not worth the cost of 3 forge stones which I have not found the same since to even replace the cost.

This is compounded by the lack of socket gems, I recall before you monitored the drops of forge stones how about monitoring socket gems for a while ?

Simple put .... The Cube is becoming an expensive bauble that has about as much worth to the rest of the mod as a torch from a gong drop.

Please do something about the socket gem situation, even if it is to have a seperate script to drop socket gems and runes from the current script. Because plainly how it is in the current script it is not working effectively enough to give a reasonable supply to any one character, let alone one player with multiple characters to try support the one through muling.

Even my travelling merchant character Cassy recently sold 3 cunic's for 48,000 gold, another character of mine effectively sold 3 greens for 33,000 gold and another 3 cunics for 50,000 gold. It is getting beyond a joke now. I can't buy them for any less either that is when someone even has what I would want to buy.