Carpe's Weekend event

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Aerosmith told Kurgosh to eat the damned badger, I don't want to hear anything about him being hungry.

So we use a little democracy and come up with something before the next play OR...Aerosmith will be rich and Kurgosh will be full (JOKE).

but seriously...we need to do something, even if we sell ALL the items and divy up the cash.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Loot..

Post by Doofy Britches »

Problem #1:

Two groups of 5 turned into 1 group of 10, and off we went into the unknown, without organizing first. Next time, we should elect a treasurer(s) for the group.. and that person(s) must stay until all gold is settled at the end of the night with all players.

Problem #2:

Items and weapons- as this is an ongoing event.. we really should allow items that can be used immediately, to be given immediately (magic weapon/armor). Since we can only expect to level 1 level or two a session, any items that are outside of say.. 3 levels higher.. should be sold and gold divided. For items that are character/class specific.. maybe those go to the those classes/characters

Problem #3:

We really should designate a place to go to near the session end, that is OUT of the way of prying eyes and thieves. We worked hard, would be a shame to be PP'd at the end of the night

Problem #4:

Circle/line, etc., however we lay out the gear we should do so quickly, and organized. We don't want stuff lying around for others to pick up.

Problem #5:

for Gems, Forgies, Runes, we should do a lottery: (pick a # between 1 & 25 etc.) Character "doing" the lottery would change every session.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

This sounds like a fun event just from listening to the back and forth. How do I sign up? What are the requirements? Should I PM this to Carpe? Who do I beg to be let in?
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

eclipse08 wrote:This sounds like a fun event just from listening to the back and forth. How do I sign up? What are the requirements? Should I PM this to Carpe? Who do I beg to be let in?
PM Carpe for details .... we are all lvl 3 now but that should be a problem...

One comment ... with two partys at low lvl I see no problem when the mages get fireball then I'll be sure to bring marshmellows!!! :P
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Hmm...I also think this sounds like fun. I too shall PM this Carpe fellow concerning the adventure. :D
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

halfogre0520 wrote:Hmm...I also think this sounds like fun. I too shall PM this Carpe fellow concerning the adventure. :D
Don't bother unless you're prepapared to argue meaninglessly in a mass of confusion about the endless possibilities of armor sales and gold distribution.

Oh and ridiculous badger stuff too.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Thanatos wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote:Hmm...I also think this sounds like fun. I too shall PM this Carpe fellow concerning the adventure. :D
Don't bother unless you're prepapared to argue meaninglessly in a mass of confusion about the endless possibilities of armor sales and gold distribution.

Oh and ridiculous badger stuff too.
At that point, as a former DM, I would have expected some smitedown coming from above. It's amazing how a little dying can change the way a party views their situation and bickering. Hehe. :D

I'm of the opinion appoint a party leader and let him/her make ALL the decisions. Give him a whine/smite stick for those unruly individuals. :D
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

leader appointed and still whining...smiting won't change anything.

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Read all the posts. Carpe is loving the group dynamics ... the sadist.

I would not care but for being at the center of it. Leader wanted a dagger from the loot haul and that got the whammy, I think.

I'll do whatever the group decides on BUT I will hold everyone to the same rule. Be careful what you ask for now because when that perfect thing drops and cannot be used for a while (that includes Purple drops).

NO STUFF FOR YOU!!!
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

welp, we got one week to get a concensus on what we're doin. We probably ought to start narrowing down some options. Doofy had a couple good ideas in there. I'm willing to compromise.

But so help me if we have another episode like last time...that orc might lose his temper when I do :twisted:
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Anyone else notice that none of the whiners have posted?

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

dmcclain wrote:Anyone else notice that none of the whiners have posted?
I trust that the dissenters will either post here, in the IC thread or bring grievances to the event in 8 days hence. It is my sincere hope that the end of the events last week does not cause anyone to bail.
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

Fenrip wrote:Read all the posts. Carpe is loving the group dynamics ... the sadist.
*grins evilly as he reads these posts*

Catching on are we? Guess I'll have to come up with another nefarious scheme... :twisted:

Seriously folks, I really am enjoying this events dynamics, the participants are melding quite nicely, even down to the schoolyard pickem loot things. I'm not a sadist but I do enjoy cooperation and good sportsmanship and so far, it's not bad at all. :twisted:

Also those who expressed further interest and PM'd me I responded to you and I said this a long time ago, I like to keep this open to any who want to have fun. However it is not a big money, reward event. Just my concept of some fun and entertainment for those of us who want to enjoy the game. My reward is in knowing you have fun :D

Email me or PM me if any questions etc... or post them here we have a great group of people able to answer you.

Also I would love to see more IC posts ... I read them all and who knows I may snag an idea and run with it from there.
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I like the roll of the die idea, highest chooses first then on and on.

Although I also think that someone should have the option to forfeit all of their choices in order to grab one specific item. That would allow someone to get an item to save for later while still being somewhat penalized at getting such a good drop.

Maybe to avoid difficulties at the end, perhaps forge stones and purple drops can be given in order by rolling dice at the beginning of the adventure each time, and when one drops, the person next in line gets it, regardless of what it is.

I have no trouble keeping track of these rolls pre and post adventure, if need be, or the leader could take that on as a responsibility.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

viobane wrote: I have no trouble keeping track of these rolls ...
You just have trouble showing up. :lol: :P

(You have no idea how funny I find that. I have just become a legend in my own mind)