Carpe's Weekend event

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

eclipse08
Duke
Duke

Post by eclipse08 »

WOOT! The Carpe said I could join up. Here are my suggestions for loot and gold:

1. The leader will divvy up the items to best suit the classes of the party. (i.e.: Scrolls go to wizards, arrows and ammo go to the users of such, armor goes to the tanks, etc.). Anything not specifically for a class gets sold for gold. See #2.

2. The leader holds all gold that has been found or from sale of leftover items. At opportune moments during the resupply phase of the adventure, he collects ALL gold from ALL party members and splits it into a number of lots. The lots are # of pary members + 2. I know this sounds stupid to those of you who might play rogues, but it actually helps keep everyone on an even keel since it's a party event. If anyone needs extra gold for purchase of healing or disposable wands, they may be allotted one of the extra helpings.

Just my two cents.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

totally cool and makes absolute sense but it won't work. Not everyone is going to agree. As it was...Kurgosh was getting all the loot and Aerosmith was getting all the gold and the leader knew. People just don't want to pool all their resources together, they wanna fend for themselves and I'm fine with that.

Those who don't want to contribute don't have to as far as I'm concerned but when things go down...I won't be breaking my neck to buff or heal them either.

It is what it is.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Wow, I have not been to the forums since our event and am sad to see this argument or debate or disconnect (however you chose to sum it up) is still going on. I do not recall there ever being a leader as we are all students and have a leader called the teacher who told us to work it out. Therefore, there was no leader. I had no problem with Aero holding the gold and even gave gold to her that I saved from my initial gold allotment. I did however, have a problem with her logging after getting frustrated over what I thought was no big deal at the time, but somewhat amusing to see people reacting so poorly. What a shame. It did spoil the fun a little, but still amusing :lol:

I like the idea of rolling the die and going in order to pick items. I like the idea of having certain items given to certain classes, as this will only help the entire party later. I am not a fan of everyone for them selves and did not get the impression that anyone else was either.

If a party member is acceptionally fond of a certain item found, then I am all for that person having it unless there is a conflict where two people want the item to use (not to be sold). Then they can roll for it and the higher roll wins.

This is rediculous that we are still talking about this. My gosh the loot was not even that good. I simply wanted some gold to upgrade my equimpent a little knowing that I was not going to get much gold to do so anyway.

I wanted to join this event to have fun. From this point forward I will not make (what I thought were) funny comments during our SERIOUS loot splitting cerimonies.

Thank you all for allowing me to spend some time back in high school mentality :shock: Love ya ... mean it... :lol:
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Carpe seems to like our little argument and discussion here. I do too, kind of shows the people that care.

I am sorry that I logged and upset some people but I really hand nothing nice to say and it really was best that I logg. I did, however, come back as my normal "Jaylor" character so people could still talk to me ooc about it, as some did...I thought that was the fair thing to do, instead of just shutting off my computer and calling it a night.

I remember Carpe asking for a spokes person, which seemed to turn into a leader which is llain...I have no problem with that, which should be odd because of the argument he and I had when that was decided.

You will get your money, on Saturday when we have the next event and I will appologize ooc to the group as a whole.

HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

It was not a big enough deal to warrant an apology unless that will make you feel better. I guess I just didn't see the discussion as big of a deal as others did. It makes me laugh sometimes to see how serious people become over the game. I look at this event and the characters as a slow progression where extravagant equipment will be hard to come by. Therefore, my expectations are set rather low and so I do not get so upset over these issues. I am sure this will go much better next time (crosses fingers) at least I hope it does :shock: :D

Anyway, the event was AWESOME and during the actual event, we were working very well together and I really enjoyed it.

Kudos to everyone!!! =D>
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

All right people, it’s Thursday. Time for the big push for organization.

Here’s the way I see things…

On the higher lvl loot drops: Let ‘em have it. We’re not here to amass a fortune, we’re here for RP (as stated in original posting by Carpe). Yes, I may be slow-roasting a build during this process, but I’m here for fun anyways. If the sneaker wants his kukri…let the little fella have it. It doesn’t really matter. If we work as a team, we’re not gonna have to each have uber gear to bring stuff down.

On assigning normal loot: I’m pretty sure my way for organization is the quickest (setting it in a line and forming up in line ourselves. However, item distribution is where the biggest question lies. I can’t really see a party leader sorting it out, as being in our best interest. Our party leader doesn’t know what everyone’s building (if they’re even building something at all). I mean I would hope everyone could figure out what the big crit’in, damage soakin orc is.

The way I see it, we either draw numbers or just go down the line. The only problem I can see with drawing numbers and such, is this may turn into a football draft. People swapping numbers for picks and next round picks, etc. That’s gonna lead to confusion and an overall sense of anger.

We just as well go down the line and sort it out quick-style.

On Uber Drops: The lottery is the best possible solution for fairness. Me? I’m probably not gonna care one way or the other. Of course, if they get used for something stupid (socketed sling with extra fire dmg), You might get an axe in you’re a**…in addition to a good laughing at.

On the holder of items: Unless someone else’s STR is higher than Kurgosh’s, might as well let my orc carry it. I’ll dispense it at the designated location. And since I gave up every penny I had last time without a single word of rebuttal, and I obviously don’t care all that much about super loot…it’s probably pretty safe in my hands.

Allright, now you have my 2 cents. Win, Lose, or Draw…we still gotta get this figured out in the next 48 hours. Give a shout back peeps.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

The loot thing works for me, I see no problem with laying everything out and picking or having Kurgosh hold all the items, since he can.

As a matter of fact...I think he should hold everything...money and loot and then distribute it as agreed at the end of the event.

Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

good ideas Thanatos...I can go along with that. It wasn't fun schlepping all that crap back to Vogon's on ultra slow speed..and I'm sure for the others, the waiting was equally un-fun.

1. Line is good.. but lets go to a more discreet place- and lets decide that in-game, and IC- so as not to alert the entire community here where we'll be dividing our baubles.

2. Additionally, I'd suggest whomever is bestowed the honor of holding gold- that person stays logged on until all dispersments are made.

I'll be on between 8 and 9 to divi out the rest of the of the portions of gold I still have.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

I still think people are going to get shorted unless they lump all the gp together, that from drops and that from sold items and then divide it equally.

Yes, the person should stay but then again, all the participant's should stay, now shouldn't they?

Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Doofy Britches wrote:
1. Line is good.. but lets go to a more discreet place- and lets decide that in-game, and IC- so as not to alert the entire community here where we'll be dividing our baubles.

2. Additionally, I'd suggest whomever is bestowed the honor of holding gold- that person stays logged on until all dispersments are made.

I'll be on between 8 and 9 to divi out the rest of the of the portions of gold I still have.
Glad we're on the same wavelength. We should announce someplace IG for the loot stuffz.

We can all elect someone to hold the gold too. I can do it if that's what we decide. Doesn't really matter to me.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

#1 Mouse is a gal, NOT a fella. Even though the hat hides her girlish figure I don't expect the orc to be able to tell the difference.

#2 If we ever do Eeny-meeny-miney-mo, I choose 3.

See youz all there.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

I am in all agreement with what you are spelling out. Let the orc hold it all, besides he can take a beating pretty good if someone decides to try and steal it and the rest of us can pummel them :twisted:

I really like these ideas and am all in. I look forward to seeing you all in game on Saturday!!!
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Good Gods! Is this a team or a selfish bunch of grabbits? I can see why there's so much bickering. No party leader and no agreement on loot distribution.

1. A party leader MUST be chosen. This leader MUST be listened to during the event or nothing will get done. RP aside, the person with the best leadership ability, regardless of their character, should be in charge of the party decisions and interaction with the DM concerning group answers. This is not to say they will be in charge of strategy although their knowledge of their party members and what they can do will go far in that aspect.

2. Party Leader MUST be the one to decide item distribution. Ignorance of each party member's build is no excuse for not wanting to decide who gets what. Find out what each party member is and what they need so when something pops up they can best use it. I've been playing PnP DnD since 1985 and this has always been a successful method.

I'll most likely go along with whatever is decided by whichever group I'm in.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing what the event holds. Whatever character I play will most likely be a supporting character, not a front line. Also, I am not by any means interested in getting the best items or the most gold. If my character gets a bit of bling or some coin, I'm happy. :D
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

halfogre0520 wrote:Good Gods! Is this a team or a selfish bunch of grabbits? I can see why there's so much bickering. No party leader and no agreement on loot distribution.

1. A party leader MUST be chosen. This leader MUST be listened to during the event or nothing will get done. RP aside, the person with the best leadership ability, regardless of their character, should be in charge of the party decisions and interaction with the DM concerning group answers. This is not to say they will be in charge of strategy although their knowledge of their party members and what they can do will go far in that aspect.

2. Party Leader MUST be the one to decide item distribution. Ignorance of each party member's build is no excuse for not wanting to decide who gets what. Find out what each party member is and what they need so when something pops up they can best use it. I've been playing PnP DnD since 1985 and this has always been a successful method.

I'll most likely go along with whatever is decided by whichever group I'm in.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing what the event holds. Whatever character I play will most likely be a supporting character, not a front line. Also, I am not by any means interested in getting the best items or the most gold. If my character gets a bit of bling or some coin, I'm happy. :D
You were saying? ;)
Carpe_DM wrote: 4) There are no "leaders" you can appoint a spokesperson for some of the group RP but all are welcome.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

We have a leader...Llain.