Carpe's Weekend event

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Carpe's Weekend event

Post by Thanatos »

Okay, I’m thinking we need to entertain some suggestions for Carpe’s weekend events. We clearly had some problems this last run. Now, I’m doing my best to be nice, so I’m going to post my suggestions. If you have questions or even your own thoughts. Post them or PM me and we can talk about the pro’s and con’s of the possibilities.

So without belittling anyone or making threats, here we go…

My thoughts on the end of the day loot problem:

I am of the opinion that we (the event participants) should find a safe location, line any equipment out on the ground, and have it identified.

NOW (and this is really the crucial part of my suggestion) …….I feel the best way to decide what to do with the armor is to line up, 1 by 1 (not in a circle, a square, a triangle, a rhombus, or any other shape). Then, our spokesperson, whom we elected at the initial meeting, will go down said line of people for each piece of equipment.

Now the only response each player needs to voice…. is a SINGLE WORD ANSWER. We’re talking answers like “yesâ€
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

As far as the money is concerned...Since Aerosmith went around and picked up the majority it made since to me for her to hold it.

I agree with everything Thani has stated, if we pick someone to hold the money other than Aero, I'm fine with it but I am not going to stand around for an hour after the event has ended arguing.

I also left for a smoke and when I returned people were still aruguing so I threw out a suggestion that was ignored and I didn't want to listen to it anymore so I logged. Your money is safe and sound with Aerosmith but now you are going to have to wait till we next play in order to get it.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Fenrip also has some good ideas as well. Perhaps he'll post them on here too. *nudges Fenrip*
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

He's our leader, I let him know what Aero was doing...picking up drops and handing the items to Kurgosh, since he can carry a lot and picking up the money to be divided later...

seems to me like there are some who believe they should keep the stuff they find use their money for their own advantage and that's not how Carpe explained it or maybe I'm wrong.

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

The following is most of a PM I sent earlier to select folks. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

I am indifferent. Since this is an event, we should be ok with having gear capable of taking down the baddies.

On one hand I see that selling that kukri would allow us to buy a +1 whatever for everyone.

On the other hand, it fills character flaws for me and it will come in handy. I am sure that later, when someone is near death and I pop a crit sneak, they will be happy I kept it.

On one foot, I am sure that others would have fought for a (insert weapon of choice here) with the same qualities. I would not have begrudged anyone who took what they'd need later. Granted level 11 is a ways off but it is reasonable.

And on the other foot, why didn't anyone take the mundane items that were just lying there until the very end when we had unwanted company? I almost took it just so I could make a stink about it later.

I am building a party rogue and want to do my share and get my share. I am not greedy. You won't see me arguing about who gets what. I can run a greedy rogue with the best of them. While I am not building an HiPSer, I can find ways to ninja loot if need be. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want that. I would build a ninja looter if I wanted that. My job is to scout the front as we move and watch everyone's backsides when fighting or resting.

Having a PnP flashback, I think that we should all set the dice bag to announce the roll and have everyone roll a d100 next time. Selections would be made according to the dice roll (highest to lowest). We keep the order. After one picks, they go to the end. If there is nothing the character can use, they can pass and stay at the top of the list for the next loot haul. Nothing is guaranteed so waiting until later does not assure a pick of anything better.

Whatever does not get selected gets sold and all those who did not get anything get a higher percentage of gold and pick earlier next time.

Even people who get something should get some gold as they need other stuff too. Also, what people select cannot be sold. Once sold, the money goes to the group. No spite selections either i.e. taking what another would want.

I know Aero is good for the gold and it is a shame we got all twisted up over this. We'd better get this straight before a purple drop or rare forgie falls.

And Thanny, be warned, my mom nudged me ... once. :P
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

I agree...pick over the items, those that aren't wanted or needed should be sold and the money divided...I thought it would be more fair to have the loot and sold Item loot all in one spot to be split evenly after everyone got their 500gp back. It just my personal opinion but I want the gp to be fairly distributed...not that I think some people are holding out but...anyway...I just want it to be fair.

Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

The gold is the thing that ticked folks off. No one should have left with less than they came with.

IF we use some sort of selection process gold for each play should only go up. Someone passing and saving up for that +5 flarpswitcher or whatever else should not be expected to subsidize those characters who spend every gold, every time.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

I see it this way...Carpe gave everyone 500 gp (that is their money no matter what and I gave that back to them) ...any money found in drops or gotten from sold items should be equally divided as a group...if someone wants to save up for an item or pass on getting something it shouldn't matter. Fair is fair...any found money should be divided evenly at the end of the event, so items can be purchased before the event that next week.

That was my goal for the last event till I got frustrated and decided the best thing was for me to log or else say something I'd regret later.

This makes sense and seems simple to me...maybe I'm wrong...if anyone else has a better idea that is still fair...I'd love to hear it.

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I say this, and I hope you can use it; One for all and all for me.

It's always been good to me.
Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Post by Whitewolf »

so Its setttled,

we do Thanatos's line dance every evening.

untill an uber forgie appers. then its eveyone for themselves.

but I choose first.
“Even though my life is eternal, my patience is not.â€
Carpe_DM1
Count
Count

Post by Carpe_DM1 »

*cracks his knuckles and sits back chuckling*

I'm liking this discussion folks, this is one of the reasons why I'm running this event this way. To promote, real team effort, support and cooperation, mostly for fun of course. How I envisioned it, was based on a use/need basis. BUT, if there are too many things going to one person, then indeed another method of divvying need be enacted. roll 1d20 or something is good but make sure those who have interest speak up before hand so that the group can agree (for example) that the Wizard should get that scroll before the rogue does because he can learn it and use it over and over and then scribe it again..Whereas the rogue can use it once.

I'm likening this event to one I ran for PnP D&D a couple times over the years, always with great results. Kudos to a great group of people and being able to discuss things and work it out as well as possible.

*grins evilly as he leaves the participants before they realise he deliberately left them to make all the decisions and work it out themselves anyway*
"Common sense is not so common" -Voltaire
"I thought to myself 'Why doesn't someone do something about that?' ...And then I realized I'm someone" - Lily Tomlin (when commenting on the environment and other tragic circumstances)
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Carpe_DM1 wrote:
...(for example) that the Wizard should get that scroll before the rogue does because he can learn it and use it over and over and then scribe it again..Whereas the rogue can use it once.
The wizard?!? We have one of those!?!? Looks like one less oaf. If not, more for the rogue.

Disclaimer: Eventhough there are no smilies on this post. IT IS A JOKE!!
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Whitewolf wrote:so Its setttled,

we do Thanatos's line dance every evening.

untill an uber forgie appers. then its eveyone for themselves.

but I choose first.
LOL actually if you go with my way, noone chooses first. However if there are 2 people that need something, we can always find a way to fix it (one person gets this one, next time the other gets it OR we can roll a die).

However, if we do go with some sort of picking system, I can only be in favor of the largest picking first :P

Carpe: The notion that you did this intentionally had crossed my mind...just get ready with that magical rez button when my orc goes berzerk cause he hasn't been fed for a while :)
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

ValentianNizzle wrote:I say this, and I hope you can use it; One for all and all for me.

Sorry. Can't use it.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Fenrip wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote:I say this, and I hope you can use it; One for all and all for me.

Sorry. Can't use it.
That conscience thing bothering ya again?