The Gong Show

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

The Gong Show

Post by halfogre0520 »

Okay, I usually play with the sound off due to the tendency of my wife to talk to me while I'm playing. I know, it's a silly thing for her to do. All wives do it, it's in their contract. But the last week I've decided to turn it up for kicks. Send in the gongs!

All told, I've had the gong sound 6 times in the last five days, at least once a day. All told, I've gotten: masterwork morningstar, socketted breastplate, a single bullet, acidic longsword, masterwork handaxe, and a lovely scythe...non-magical.

I was under the impression that the gong is supposed to signify that a treasure of untold splendor has dropped at your feet. If these are the treasures so harkened to in tales, then I must be one of the unluckiest people.

What gives Driller? Did the Gong drop list get mixed up with the crap drop list? :D
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

I think you need to ask Chuck Barris or did he go back to the CIA?

Yes the gongs have gone goofy ... absoultely no sence of value. But one man's junk is another man's treasure. I did get a +20 sickle, AB only, with no gong. So go figure ...
sgtshin
Baron
Baron

Post by sgtshin »

Telling Driller his drop list is crap ain't going to get the best response...

The Gong drops have changed here and there. If you can't use what you get.. they sell for good coin.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. ^.^
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

As far as I know it, the Gong ONLY means it is a NAMED item. It might be a +1, but it has a name. 8) Gongs do not mean cool uber loot all the time. :wink:
A DM's job is not to love you, but to help you grow stronger in character.
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

In other words: "That's no bug, it's a feature!"
The only constant is change.
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

DM_Jaydaan wrote:As far as I know it, the Gong ONLY means it is a NAMED item. It might be a +1, but it has a name. 8) Gongs do not mean cool uber loot all the time. :wink:
AHA! I see said the blind man who picked up a hammer and saw.

BTW: Didn't mean anything mean by the crap list comment. :)
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

All well and good but to get a gong for a masterwork item. Time to open the hood and see what the gemlin's have been nawing on. Now driller I told you no food after midnight and no water!!! :P