Ants In My Pants - A Saga Of Thunder Down Under

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Ants In My Pants - A Saga Of Thunder Down Under

Post by halfogre0520 »

*sigh* Ants are nice to hunt, considering they are worth 600XP each right now for Regulus. Unfortunately they tear him apart. I need suggestions for items that will negate or at least bring down the damage from their incredibly dangerous attacks. Here's what I have now:

Blackstone Shell
Blackstone Hood
Blackstone Bloodshield
Amulet of Acid Resistance 20/- (Thanks to Zach Davis! :D )
Epic Swordsman' Belt

Regulus is level 20, and with buffs his AC is only 32 so the ants hit him often. When he gets mobbed by several at a time, his health drops like a rock. So any suggestions would be helpful but nobody better mention forge stones because the only one I've found is a bronze in 20 levels. :P
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Some new guy
Knight
Knight

Post by Some new guy »

I've always found a rogue with a bow 15 feet behind me can do wonders when it comes to dissolving mobs and reducing the number of times a critter can hit me.

Combat gloves and Rings of Power help too. I've seen some do wonders with simple socketed armor. If you are getting hit anyway, get immunity/reduction to the damage done.

My $.02.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Here's my suggestion: Don't go in there alone. You might get a few less precious XP points, but then again, you might get more! For one thing, you might live long enough to write home about it.

My two GP
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Clerics have always been a good Anti-Ant class.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

He is a cleric. He does alright against the workers but the soldiers, of course, do a lot more damage.

And one thing that now makes sense, he's only got the elite swordsman's belt which only knocks 10 off damage. I need to find that epic one that resists 20. Then maybe he'll last longer.

Yes, party with someone...will try that too.
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

You're actually in range of getting hit by ants? O_o;

I know intelligence isn't the cleric's dump ability, but you're giving us a bad name!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

One tactic I prefer to employ is to stand on the edge of an ant's perception range and wait for him to come to me. If I just charge into him all his nearby friends tend to try to join in. This can keep the numbers of ants you fight at a single time down to a minimum.
The only constant is change.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Ants In My Pants - A Saga Of Thunder Down Under

Post by Capt Cliff »

halfogre0520 wrote:*sigh* Ants are nice to hunt, considering they are worth 600XP each right now for Regulus. Unfortunately they tear him apart. I need suggestions for items that will negate or at least bring down the damage from their incredibly dangerous attacks. Here's what I have now:

Blackstone Shell
Blackstone Hood
Blackstone Bloodshield
Amulet of Acid Resistance 20/- (Thanks to Zach Davis! :D )
Epic Swordsman' Belt

Regulus is level 20, and with buffs his AC is only 32 so the ants hit him often. When he gets mobbed by several at a time, his health drops like a rock. So any suggestions would be helpful but nobody better mention forge stones because the only one I've found is a bronze in 20 levels. :P
Is this guy a fighter or what? Me Bard went to the ant farm at lvl 20 with a robe of slashing, a dragon shield, ring of power and a blackstone hood. The soldiers did play basketball with me for a while till I buffed my disapline to 18, now they don't even try. With wounding whispers running I can take a mob of 6 or 8 on at a time and whip them all. I never take and more than 1 or 2 hit ponts of damage per hit if it gets thru which my ring restores. But ... the ant farm is being used by unscrupulous PC's that kill steal and pp or both ... so be fore warned.
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

What Discipline? He's a Cleric! That's what the Bloodstone Shield is for, to keep him on his feet. With Extended Regenerate he gets 6 HP a round back for a good four minutes - Forget the ring. With the Amulet of Acid Resist he takes only 1 point at most for acid damage. It's the slashing damage that eats him up. I guess that belt is the only thing I need then. Maybe a socketted platemail, but does that immunity from putting runes on it stack with the blackstone hood?
- Paul Fix
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Spells, man! Use your spells!

Smite those that oppose you and your god!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

You might also want to stop by at Akon's in your quest for more protection against slashing damage. Multiple instances of Damage Immunity of the same type do stack. Damage Reduction and Damage Resistance only count the single best of each of those properties that apply.
The only constant is change.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

halfogre0520 wrote:What Discipline? He's a Cleric! That's what the Bloodstone Shield is for, to keep him on his feet. With Extended Regenerate he gets 6 HP a round back for a good four minutes - Forget the ring. With the Amulet of Acid Resist he takes only 1 point at most for acid damage. It's the slashing damage that eats him up. I guess that belt is the only thing I need then. Maybe a socketted platemail, but does that immunity from putting runes on it stack with the blackstone hood?
Discipline is a skill you put skill points into, it helps with knockdown and something else. Now I only wish there was a Blackstone Hood with piercing protection or a combat helm like the combat gloves.