New Event: Open Mic Night - 8/10/07

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM_Griphon
Viceroy
Viceroy

New Event: Open Mic Night - 8/10/07

Post by DM_Griphon »

I will be hosting an Open Mic Night on August 10, 2007 for anyone who would like to participate. This is an RP event for anyone who wishes to listen to or perform original creative pieces of poetry, story telling, or musical lyrics. Everyone is welcomed, and encouraged to attend. Bring out your bards, gypsies, and lore masters!

Time: Shortly after the 20:00 hour reset, EST
Date: 8/10/07

I'm looking into 'guest passes' for the Den, since it has a larger room, but this obviously depends on how many people show interest in the event-- and if I can get more information about it.

I have some ground rules. They are as follows:

1. Material must be PG-13.
2. Material must be original from the player. In other words, I don't especially want to hear everyone singing the latest from some pop-folk signer.
3. No talking or chatter during performance. It is rude and disrespectful to have a side conversation in normal chat while someone is trying to recite their work. Anyone who disrupts the events of the evening will get one warning, and a 2nd offense will land them very quickly in jail until the end of the event.
4. Story telling, as much as I like hearing the stories of others, should not be in duration longer than say... 20 minutes? I think that's fair. My general thought on this is if you have more than 20 minutes worth of story to share, you have now till the 10th to increase your typing words/minute.

I am also offering a 300,000 gold piece prize to the best work. Hopefully one of the other DM's will be available that night to help me judge, but if not you'll have to deal with just me.

Please send me a PM with the subject title "Open Mic Night" to inquire for more information, and to sign up for a slot to perform your original work during the event. Also, feel free to reply to this post with feedback and interest.

Thank you, and hope to see you on August 10th.
~ Griphon ~
Whitewolf
Baron
Baron

Post by Whitewolf »

Sounds Awsome,

can anyone, just sit and listen?

not sure If I have material right now to participate, but that may change in the future.

Thanks,
“Even though my life is eternal, my patience is not.â€
DM_Griphon
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Griphon »

Everyone is welcome to sit and listen.

You have a week and a half to decide if you want to perform a piece or not.
Whitewolf wrote:Sounds Awsome,

can anyone, just sit and listen?

not sure If I have material right now to participate, but that may change in the future.

Thanks,
~ Griphon ~
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Just as well you specified August as the month, being the other side of the pond we put the day/month/year.

So initially I thought gee ! That is some forward notice if its 8th of October :D
DM_Griphon
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Griphon »

Clarity for clarity's sake, I guess. Sorry about the initial confusion.
~ Griphon ~
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

Well, I'm scheduled to go home on the 5th, so if I'm lucky, that'll work out, and I'll get a chance to participate in the event. I have a bard that has a few things on her chest, but I'm not sure, considering that it'd be about the dire need of a brothel, it's completely pg13. :x

However, I'm more than willing to let one of my more pg13 characters perform a poem or two. ^^
DM_Griphon
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Griphon »

For now I'll put Ipsissimossity down as a tentative. Hope to see you there.
~ Griphon ~
Berforam
Count
Count

Post by Berforam »

yay griph is backkkk !!!!
DM_Griphon
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Griphon »

Always been around. Just not much to say, and too busy to do much about anything.

But thanks. Good to be seen.
Berforam wrote:yay griph is backkkk !!!!
~ Griphon ~
Cajin
Count
Count

Post by Cajin »

Hmmh....sounds to me like it is kelth time :D
- Cajin "The Reborn"
- Kelth and William McEwann
- Ghûrzhazh Rhânanûr
-Duncan "The Hunk" Mackinlay
DM_Griphon
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Griphon »

Just as a reminder, this event is scheduled for this Friday, August 10th.

As of this moment, I have one confirmed participant, and one tentative participant.

Any other takers? Please PM me. Thanks.
~ Griphon ~
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Name that tune...

"Deny thy father and refuse thy name/Or it thou wilt not be, be but sworn my love,/And I'll no longer be a ..."

-driller
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

driller wrote:Name that tune...

"Deny thy father and refuse thy name/Or it thou wilt not be, be but sworn my love,/And I'll no longer be a ..."

-driller
Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare?
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

viobane wrote:
driller wrote:Name that tune...

-driller
Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare?
Scene II. Capulet's orchard.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Ya baby ya! Open mike is mine!

-driller