Most asinine thing I have experienced on BSK.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Thanatos wrote:
Some fellow wrote: Or he can just ask someone for a loan or something. I mean, if he is IC about this kind of thing, there are lots of friendly people here who would gladly help him out (such offers have already been made in this very thread).
*nods happily* I'd loan him some money for his soul any day...all he needs do is ask.
Taught you well I have, young Padawan.
temordae01
Baron
Baron

Post by temordae01 »

Invest in a bow or a sling. Run and gun. Yep, works every time. And no, I've never been subject to "rustmonsteritis". After all, I always make sure I have a bow. :D Now one thing I have seen that makes no sense is that a rust monster will destroy padded armor. Why? How?
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

temordae01 wrote: Now one thing I have seen that makes no sense is that a rust monster will destroy padded armor. Why? How?
That is easy to answer...

It is simply out of spite. They are really rather intelligent, but lack opposable thumbs and unable to make tools. However, they know when adventurers are being sarcastic and they use a lesser known psionic ability called Disintigration. They try not to use it very often though, because it uses up some much energy, they have to forge for 3 to 4 times longer than usual.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
temordae01 wrote: Now one thing I have seen that makes no sense is that a rust monster will destroy padded armor. Why? How?
That is easy to answer...

It is simply out of spite. They are really rather intelligent, but lack opposable thumbs and unable to make tools. However, they know when adventurers are being sarcastic and they use a lesser known psionic ability called Disintigration. They try not to use it very often though, because it uses up some much energy, they have to forge for 3 to 4 times longer than usual.

Myle
Exactly. Just look at Myle's signature. Large groups of Rust Monsters must be destructive and stupid. :D
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

Of all the monsters in game, if there is one that makes a lvl 40 run like a sissy it's gotta be a rusty lol

:D
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Trudes wrote:Of all the monsters in game, if there is one that makes a lvl 40 run like a sissy it's gotta be a rusty lol

Pfft. I never run. I just cast invisible and be right on my way. As if some Rust Monster is going to scare me.
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

ValentianNizzle wrote:
Trudes wrote:Of all the monsters in game, if there is one that makes a lvl 40 run like a sissy it's gotta be a rusty lol

Pfft. I never run. I just cast invisible and be right on my way. As if some Rust Monster is going to scare me.
Looks like it's time to have CR 40 rusties with TS, SI, and Spot=100. Not to mention hasted. *evil grin*
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

halfogre0520 wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote:

Looks like it's time to have CR 40 rusties with TS, SI, and Spot=100. Not to mention hasted. *evil grin*
Caesar gives you a thumbs down on that one. Better luck next time.
DM Nexus
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Nexus »

halfogre0520 wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote:

There are Rust Dragons....I bet they can make a lvl 40 run screaming...but I guess I can wait to see if anyone wants to take me up on that :twisted:
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

DM Nexus wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote:
ValentianNizzle wrote: Pfft. I never run. I just cast invisible and be right on my way. As if some Rust Monster is going to scare me.
There are Rust Dragons....I bet they can make a lvl 40 run screaming...but I guess I can wait to see if anyone wants to take me up on that :twisted:
Wouldn't a rust monster live near a rust dragon? I would love to see a rust dragon with his little rust monsters around... That is funny!!! and VERY VERY SCARY!!!! :lol:
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

then we could just send the SOM after them, Berfy would save the day right? no metal = no rust right?
Battlerager_Draco
Baron
Baron

Post by Battlerager_Draco »

HelloBSK wrote:
DM Nexus wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote: Looks like it's time to have CR 40 rusties with TS, SI, and Spot=100. Not to mention hasted. *evil grin*
Wouldn't a rust monster live near a rust dragon? I would love to see a rust dragon with his little rust monsters around... That is funny!!! and VERY VERY SCARY!!!! :lol:
Then the dragon would have his treasure hoard eaten though. :wink:
Fear the Dragon.
ImageImage
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Nope, gold and silver do not rust neither do the likes of diamonds and rubies.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

I have yet to loose anything by them. Mainly anyone who has ever played D&D knows rust monsters. Rule 1 don't let them touch you. Rule 2 kill them at a distance. Rule 3 get the bloody hell out of there you dim wit.
The world is a strange place.
HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Jazelle wrote:I have yet to loose anything by them. Mainly anyone who has ever played D&D knows rust monsters. Rule 1 don't let them touch you. Rule 2 kill them at a distance. Rule 3 get the bloody hell out of there you dim wit.
PERFECT!!!! :D 8)