Most asinine thing I have experienced on BSK.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

does the whinging never end around here. oh my god.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Does the horrible spelling and bad punctuation never end around here? Oh my god.

whinging???

:twisted:
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Well Now...Nizzle may just get his wish about getting this post locked. Thanks, PFWG!!! Learn to take a joke.

Sorry, I speak spanglish and english, don't know UK words and don't really care :D

viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:Bite me.

http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/whinging
Ummmm... That WAS PFWG joking! LOL! :lol: Thanks for the UK English lesson, Fly!
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

sorry, i should have added a ;) to the end of that.

It'd take more than you not being able to speak English words to insult me! :)
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

And I thought I had a horrid sense of humor. I take it back then. Sorry PFWG. Relish this moment I won't do it again lol

Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

i'll put this moment in the Box of memories marked "Things that made me like a man".
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I"m gonna start taking classes in "A Clockwork Orange". Now there's some serious foreign language right there
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

This thread certainly feels like the ol' in and out.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Real Horrorshow
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

What I don't get, and no one was addressed yet, is at level 13, what kind of stuff can you have that's not easy enough to replace? What, a socket weap with two filled, Chainmail of Speed? Kill about 10 Tyraoinds and he may have gotten a whole new raiment and weapon rack. But, as Confuscious say: "Oh well"...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Rust monsters ... I hate those guys ....*narrows eyes* ... where's my scroll of genocide!!!
Some fellow
Knight
Knight

Post by Some fellow »

DM_Mystic wrote:What I don't get, and no one was addressed yet, is at level 13, what kind of stuff can you have that's not easy enough to replace? What, a socket weap with two filled, Chainmail of Speed? Kill about 10 Tyraoinds and he may have gotten a whole new raiment and weapon rack. But, as Confuscious say: "Oh well"...
Well, if he literally has 0 gold to buy a new weapon and armor for, and nothing to sell for gold, I seriously doubt that this unarmed and unarmoured level 13 character will do well (or even survive) in the Swamp. On the other hand, he can always do something else to find the money for a non-magic weapon and an ordinary Leather Armor, and go from there. It will take time, yes, but it's not impossible.

Or he can just ask someone for a loan or something. I mean, if he is IC about this kind of thing, there are lots of friendly people here who would gladly help him out (such offers have already been made in this very thread). It's an opportunity for RP, really.

So... Are rust monsters a devastating nuisance when you first discover that they're there? Certainly. Will you ever go to that area again? Certainly not. Do they add value to the module? Of course. We need a little shock. Rolling a 1 on a water elemental's drown attack. Seeing a monster cast a spell that we hadn't the slightest idea that it was capable of and so weren't prepared for. These things. We might hate them when they happen, but they don't make us leave the server. They make us stay.

But then again, losing all the equipment is a little harsh. It would be a good idea if this thing could be maxed at one item per character and turn or something like that, to actually give the player a chance to see what's happening before it's too late. I have no idea whether that's doable, but it would be good.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Some fellow wrote: Or he can just ask someone for a loan or something. I mean, if he is IC about this kind of thing, there are lots of friendly people here who would gladly help him out (such offers have already been made in this very thread).
*nods happily* I'd loan him some money for his soul any day...all he needs do is ask.