Most asinine thing I have experienced on BSK.

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Freedud
Commoner
Commoner

Most asinine thing I have experienced on BSK.

Post by Freedud »

Just started playing the server about a week ago. started out a few toons to see what the server was about, and thought it was pretty cool. So I worked on a cleric and got him up to 13th lvl, lots of trial and error figuring out how this server plays. Finally got him some good equipment, and went to the underdark.

There I experienced one of the stupidist things I have seen on any server. Rust monsters. A useless creature that dies in two hits and gives 4 exp can destroy any metal item you are wearing with a touch. I lost my weapon, armor, helm, ring and amulet from these things before I realized what was going on.

Now, with no gold and now items, how am I supposed to keep playing? Farm low stuff until i find enough drops to re-buy my stuff, a couple of which I only found from drops? No thanks. That is like starting over.

Instead, I think I will go look for a new server. I just can't agree with a monster that attacks in mobs being able to destroy your items with a touch attack. Makes no sense. I feel like I have wasted all this time building this character.

There, just wanted to rant and rave a little. Off to search for a new world.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

it happens to the best of us but it seems that perseverance is not your strong point.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

I guess the rust monster's paralyzing gaze attack stopped you from running away at the sight of it. I've had that problem too.

But for realzies. If you've got a level 13 character, I'd just give you the gold for new equipment, give you a pat on the head, and send you on your merry way. ^_- Contact privately for more details.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

*looks around with a puzzled look on his face*

I don't remember encountering any such monster. Or if I did, I certainly didn't have any of my equipment destroyed...perhaps your equipment was already oxidized?
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Rust monster...thanks for bringing up a sore subject :D I encounted this horrid, stupid thing about my 3rd week in. Accidentally took a wrong door in the shrine and there we were. And like our friend who started this thread, I was weaponless, hoodless and dead.

I seriously screamed about this to my friend, ya'll know who he is, for like 4 hours. But I finally calmed down, laughed about it and moved on. If you are a true gamer a rust monster isn't going to stop you.

Count your losses and keep on going. The game is like real life...crap happens, move on. My car recently got repoed...I whined, I dealt with it, I moved on.

Don't let the Rust monster be the end of what could be a great gaming experience for you. *gets down off soap box*
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Monks, druids, mostly-pure spell casters, and weapon masters with quarterstaff or club should be the answer to everyone's problems!
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Gibbo wrote:Monks, druids, mostly-pure spell casters, and weapon masters with quarterstaff or club should be the answer to everyone's problems!
Of course, we could always just roll with the "Nudist Colony" option.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Alright Thana, do me a favor. Strip all the gear off Tobur and send him to the Rust monster...and don't fight cuz you didn't know you were gonna encounter him and tell me how long he lasts.

Chose Tobur cuz I know he's a soaker...just wanna see what happens :twisted:

And NO! I don't just want to see him in his unmentionables, thank you.

dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Alright Thana, do me a favor. Strip all the gear off Tobur and send him to the Rust monster...and don't fight cuz you didn't know you were gonna encounter him and tell me how long he lasts.

Chose Tobur cuz I know he's a soaker...just wanna see what happens :twisted:

And NO! I don't just want to see him in his unmentionables, thank you.

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I think it's about time a DM locked this thread... You know it goes too far when someone mentions a Dwarf's unmentionables.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

Thanks Nizzle...love you too!

ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

dmcclain wrote:Thanks Nizzle...love you too!
Nizzle loves nobody. Everybody loves the Nizzle. *followed by a wise Yoda nod*
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Not if anything to say about it I have.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

You know, I don't really know how anyone can see a rust monster and NOT know that's going to happen? I mean, that's what they're all about, right? Unless you have ZERO experience playing NWN or DnD. When I first saw one, I didn't care how hard it was, I ran as quickly as possible because I knew that my metal armor would be a nice dinner, even if I wasn't.

Sorry, guy, but that's gonna happen whenever you meet a rust monster on ANY server. It's not a BSK thing. And the underdark ANYWHERE is going to suck, so you've gotta be prepared for some pain the first time you try it out.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

I walked into it, totally unaware...had no clue what Rust monster was at all and was mobbed by spider things, when It appeared. By the time I realized what happened, I was dead. Didn't even notice all my gear was gone till I respawned and then I was ticked.

So...surprises do happen