New Series of events based on Dark Tower

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

New Series of events based on Dark Tower

Post by DM_Mystic »

A certain player on our beloved BSK has inspired me to endeavor to lead a series of events based on the Dark Tower series of novels by Steven King. These events will be loosely based on passages from the story, but not so that one would have to have read them to participate. Conversely, having familiarity with the story will give little or no advantage pertaining to said events, as the outcome will be intentionally different than the novel.

Here's a little "Cliff Notes" type excerpt of what it's all about:

A man’s quest begins with a boy’s test.

In a world that has moved on, young Roland Deschain will one day be known as the Gunslinger-but for now, he is merely a boy on the cusp of manhood. For years, his fate has been manipulated by the sorcerer known as Marten Broadcloak, who serves the Crimson King-an immortal shape-shifter living only to destroy the legendary Dark Tower: the axis of creation upon which all worlds revolve. And for the Crimson King’s plans to succeed, Roland must be destroyed.

Roland and his friends, Alain and Cuthbert, uncover a plot by the evil John Farson (also a servant of the Crimson King) to destroy the Affiliation, the network that unites the world’s baronies and maintains an uneasy peace. But Roland has another mission on his mind-winning the heart of the beautiful Susan Delgado, who he met in Hambry, and who holds a secret of unspeakable horror...

For Roland, these are only the first steps on the road to the Dark Tower, where he will learn the true nature of his quest, and, perhaps, the secrets of existence itself.

All of that being said, I'd like to get a "show of hands" of anyone who thinks they might be interested in participating either as a major participant in this, or an occasional support player.

check out some of these websites for more info, or heck, read the books...

http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/flash_index.html

http://www.marvel.com/darktower
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

oooohhh me!!! *raises hand*...been cheating...been reading the comics in the comic shop when it's slow.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Gosh dern comic geeks.

Depending on time constraints, I'd be interested in throwing down.

If it coincides with my time available, I could roll as a regular...but I may be best suited as a support-type feller. Will need to discuss more...but for now.....

*raises hand*
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

me!
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

I'm Brian and so is my Wife.

We'd both like to participate so, table for two please.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

Well, that's definitely enough interest to go forward. I;ll start brewing the creative juices to come up with out first encounter. Any inputs will be thoroughly appreciated on how best to proceed.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

It might be easier to come up with some inputs if we could get an idea of what you are thinking...*understands that PMs may be better for this*

DM_Mystic
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_Mystic »

I'm thinking right now of more of a meet and greet, mostly OOC, to get Line_of_Eld and a few others to help elaborate on what this whole thing is about.
dmcclain
Count
Count

Post by dmcclain »

ok, gotcha :D

HelloBSK
Count
Count

Post by HelloBSK »

Im in 8)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Count me in ... Friday and Saturday nights work for me ... Sunday's are out.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I'd like to participate. Depends on dates/times of course.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

I may be as occasional support. Although depending on scheduling, I could also be an ongoing participant.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

would love to be in
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax